Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pacers vs. Celtics: Post-Game Thread

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers vs. Celtics: Post-Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Glad we won, would have been a horribly embarrassing loss. I think Florida could probably beat this Boston team.
    They could prolly beat the Pacers too tho.

And the Wiz at this point.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto View Post
    They could prolly beat the Pacers too tho.

And the Wiz at this point.
    I don't know about the Pacers.....

yep not the pacers, IKE will dominate them. lol

aye, so i din't get to see the game, but who do you think is the best player of the game???

Mike,, Mcleoud??
    [SIGPIC]Dun Dun shooting form![/SIGPIC]

I was at the game tonight! Crowd was blah! The most excitement came during the dunkers on the tramps! LOL. McLeod and 1 got a nice applause, but really not much emotion. If the Pacers make the playoffs, I hope the fans show up and at least cheer for the team, otherwise homecourt means nothing!

29 posts before mine and no one has mentioned Mike Dunleavy. He nearly had a triple double (he was the only Pacers player tonight who wasn't called for traveling) - the more I see of Mike the more I like him. He reminds me of Derrick Mckey - not on the defensive end, but on the offensive end - he just knows how to play - he knows how to make things easier on his teammates. Mike runs the plays as they are supposed to be run, he makes the easy and most logical pass that makes the offense work. My only request of him is stop taking so many threes - he doesn't shoot them very well - but from at least 2 feet inside the 3-pt line he rarely misses. From 18-20 feet out he doesn't need to be set, he can shoot coming off screens, he doesn't need to be squared to the basket.

I like Mike. I enjoy watching him play

I also like McLeod - he's a better shooter than I thought, his defense is very good (no not great) and he can drive and finish. I'd be thrilled if he's our backup point guard for the next 4 or 5 years.

The crowd was dead tonight

That is all I have

Edit: JO must lead the NBA in traveling violations. Kevin Lee on the post game show mentioned that video of JO was used during training for the refs on traveling. (does that sentence make any sense)

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    29 posts before mine and no one has mentioned Mike Dunleavy. He nearly had a triple double (he was the only Pacers player tonight who wasn't called for traveling) - the more I see of Mike the more I like him. He reminds me of Derrick Mckey - not on the defensive end, but on the offensive end - he just knows how to play - he knows how to make things easier on his teammates. Mike runs the plays as they are supposed to be run, he makes the easy and most logical pass that makes the offense work. My only request of him is stop taking so many threes - he doesn't shoot them very well - but from at least 2 feet inside the 3-pt line he rarely misses. From 18-20 feet out he doesn't need to be set, he can shoot coming off screens, he doesn't need to be squared to the basket.

I like Mike. I enjoy watching him play

I also like McLeod - he's a better shooter than I thought, his defense is very good (no not great) and he can drive and finish. I'd be thrilled if he's our backup point guard for the next 4 or 5 years.

The crowd was dead tonight

That is all I have

Edit: JO must lead the NBA in traveling violations. Kevin Lee on the post game show mentioned that video of JO was used during training for the refs on traveling. (does that sentence make any sense)
    I'm a big Dun Dun fan, but a lot of posters don't like him, so I try not to bring him up so others can trash him

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I sure liked hearing Keith explain his role in the postgame. That tells me he 'gets it'... whether he's capable of doing it game after game is the question.

I have no idea why he hasn't gotten more minutes already anyway.
    He was at the end of the rotation when he got here, because he didn't know any plays and came in with the abdominal injury. First he passed Greene, and now he's passed DA.

I'm with UB, I'd be glad to keep him for a while as a backup PG. For the rest of this year, I'd be fine running with him as the primary PG.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

For the record, I like Mike too. He has overrated expectations (had?), but is underrated in some circles. If he's done improving then he's a "nice" player. If he ever turns a corner... he's paid adequately.

streets ahead

i like mike, my problems with him are A) defense and B) three point shooting. i also like keith and hoped he'd get some more playing time and it looks like he just might now.
    This is the darkest timeline.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    I don't know about the Pacers.....
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    29 posts before mine and no one has mentioned Mike Dunleavy. He nearly had a triple double
    I mentioned it during the game thread didn't see the point in making the same post twice and someone else brought it up as well.

We should be able to beat Philly next game. Not saying that it's going to be piece of cake because Danny will have his hands full with AI9. Hopefully the Bucks do us a favor.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMltKsoDwe8&NR=1
    press pause on the second slow-mo replay around 0:12 mark

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    I hope the people who enjoy these wins really enjoy these wins cause we're not making the playoffs and we're not getting a draft pick. I've never seen a team in my life purposefully screw itself over so badly.
    you sure are one positive soul! 7 games left and you think the pacers can't make up 1? or 2 for a 7th spot? *shakes head*
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

For the record, I hope they prove me wrong.

Learned one thing after the game. DArmstrong is a nice guy and signed several autographs. DA also said his hip was killing him and couldn't wait to get home to put his feet up. Age and minutes will be a factor if the Ps do make the playoffs.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

For the Record, i am probably the number 1, Mike Dunleavy Jr. fan. i have said this a lot, and i think, he fits perfectly with the pacers and has improved a lot of being assertive ever since comin from the warriors. so yah, im startin to reminisc Dukie days by him with the pacers.

I have battled a lot of bashing against him, in the warriors forum, and to here with some Sjax fans, but i made it. lol

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    i like mike, my problems with him are A) defense and B) three point shooting. i also like keith and hoped he'd get some more playing time and it looks like he just might now.
    TO be honest, Mike really is a terrible 1 on 1 defender, but he is a great team defender, he can move his feet very well and take the charge when needed and possible. He also do some good slapping, anticipates very well the passing lanes, and boxing out his defender.

I know he can play D, as ive seen it happen, with the warriors, I remember playing against the Cavs, He stopped Lebron for only 5 points i think, and him scoring 20+ points on the offensive end. but the next game, i dint see this happening.
    so yah.. its a possibliity,

but have u guys seen the fire in him this past few games??? with the new haircut. he is fired up and wants to make the play-offs

Quote Originally Posted by Y2J View Post
    Before we get too excited over 2 wins in a row - Bobcats & Celtics at home, without Pierce or Jefferson.
    And we are far superior to that mix right?

As for the others, Dunleavy is fine. He is what he is and you are going to get his best night in and night out.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Quote Originally Posted by andreialta View Post
    but have u guys seen the fire in him this past few games??? with the new haircut. he is fired up and wants to make the play-offs
    I've noticed it, I actually made the comment to one of my friends during one of these recent games we watched that Dunleavy really realllly looks like he's pumped up and taking each and every loss more personally than the last. Whereas most of the other players just say they're not proud of what happens and then come in the next night and suck it up. From what i'm to understand Mike has been working very very hard to improve his game and help this team.

Honestly I think Dun HAS to know what people say about him, there's no way he can't unless he lives under a rock doesn't read newspapers, have the internet, or watch TV. I think what it is, is he's tired of being associated with things like losing, "being soft", unemotional and things of that nature. I don't know how anyone on these forums can not notice his development since he's been here.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    I don't know how anyone on these forums can not notice his development since he's been here.
    THose dun haters choose not to say anything

It would seem there are multiple reasons as to our recent success:

-improved TEAM contributions
    -No JT (?)
    -Weak competition
    -Increased player familiarity

But a key element for me is two games of JO with double-doubles, but with points in the low to mid-teen range. Last night 12 shot attempts. This is the perfect role IMO for JO. Perhaps that's due to the injuries or some of the above stuff, but that's what JO needs to shoot for. Boards and D, but offensively not dump it down beat a dead horse all game long.

If JO, the players, and coaching staff saw it this way, I think it would benefit the team greatly and I like the prospect of him sticking around a lot better. A continuation of slog ball tactics and an emphasis on JO's 20 + pts/game average and I say get him out if a reasonable deal can be struck.

P.S.-With regard to the Hoopsworld thread, IF we could somehow get Nene and JR Smith from Denver, that would at least warrant serious consideration.

Mood

i missed the game due to work, i really wish i could have watched it
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by andreialta View Post
    TO be honest, Mike really is a terrible 1 on 1 defender, but he is a great team defender, he can move his feet very well and take the charge when needed and possible. He also do some good slapping, anticipates very well the passing lanes, and boxing out his defender.

I know he can play D, as ive seen it happen, with the warriors, I remember playing against the Cavs, He stopped Lebron for only 5 points i think, and him scoring 20+ points on the offensive end. but the next game, i dint see this happening.
    so yah.. its a possibliity,

i wouldn't say great team defender but he's good. its mostly the 1on1 that i was talking about. and then obviously he can hit 3s too but he's very streaky. i agree with the deng approach being tossed around here - meaning i think he should back off from taking as many threes by taking a step or two in.

dun was pretty good last night 22pts 8rbs 7ast., also happy about danny's double double (15pts, 10rbs), and quite happy/impressed with keith's play. he had an efficient 17 points on 8 shots.
    This is the darkest timeline.

Their records while with the Pacers this year:

2FG%
    Jackson 41.9
    Harrington 45.8
    Murphy 47.4
    Dunleavy 45.0

3PT FG%
    Jackson 29.7
    Harrington 45.8
    Murphy 39.1