Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Released from the Digest Vault - Forum Party Vids (Updated with youtube! Post #22)

Default Released from the Digest Vault - Forum Party Vids (Updated with youtube! Post #22)

I'm still playing around with new ways to convert these to smaller, yet quality files. The best I could do for now is xvid, which if you've got the codec, great, but if not they won't work.

The good news is, that codec is free to download and install, and after you do it should load just fine in Windows Media Player or whichever video player you use to watch this stuff.

Here is the link for the codec to watch .xvid files:

http://www.koepi.org/XviD-1.1.2-01112006.exe

To tide you over while I upload the rest and try other conversions:

http://www.able-towers.com/~hicks/messages.xvid

Default Re: Coming exclusively on PD-DVD, released from the Digest Vault - Forum Party Vids

Default Re: Coming exclusively on PD-DVD, released from the Digest Vault - Forum Party Vids

And finally, due to blackmail, I am releasing the following final video from that evening:

http://www.able-towers.com/~hicks/mythbusters.xvid

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Proof that Peck said "JO is Dat Dude".

Not sure if I buy Gnome's squirming rebuttle for mythbusters. Seems like a cover-up.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Peck: "Because, actually I have always said Jermaine is a man, THE MAN, and above all man"

2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

I guess I'm glad now that I left a little early

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Why put Xvid and DivX extentions on the files, they're compressed avi's regardless. If you have a codec to play one it'll play the other. Just put avi on the end of each. Just wandering.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

That's just how they came out after the convert. I actually wasn't aware (in case you didn't guess) that you could indiscriminately rename them to .avi. Of course, it doesn't matter either way.

By the way, I uploaded one of these to youtube because I thought that'd be the easiest way for the most amount of people to watch (especially since we can embed youtube videos right on a post here), but they audio is left out of sync after it is uploaded (whereas the file is just fine on its own). Is there anything I can do or that I should be doing in order to keep the audio in sync?

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

: Damn, I was just hoping that those would just be lost and forgotten...
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By the way, I uploaded one of these to youtube because I thought that'd be the easiest way for the most amount of people to watch (especially since we can embed youtube videos right on a post here), but they audio is left out of sync after it is uploaded (whereas the file is just fine on its own). Is there anything I can do or that I should be doing in order to keep the audio in sync?
    Yes there is: do not upload to youtube!!!!

grrrr
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    : Damn, I was just hoping that those would just be lost and forgotten...
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    Yes there is: do not upload to youtube!!!!

grrrr
    Any ideas for a better alternative?

One I'm thinking of is converting to flash .flv and then displaying them on a post using HTML.

I'm not simply going for compression, divx and/or xvid take care of that nicely, but I'm trying to reach a wide audience as well.

In the ideal world, there'd be a free way to make vids with flash as well as they do over at scifi.com for battlestar galactica clips.

Any ideas for a better alternative?

One I'm thinking of is converting to flash .flv and then displaying them on a post using HTML.

I'm not simply going for compression, divx and/or xvid take care of that nicely, but I'm trying to reach a wide audience as well.

In the ideal world, there'd be a free way to make vids with flash as well as they do over at scifi.com for battlestar galactica clips.
    there is somewhere, not sure where I've seen, it, well the software for it

Anyway, making them rm files or whatever, and we host them, no outside forums please to display this "wild bunch"
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

RM eh? Real Media? I think I can do that. Well, usually, but not with these; my camera records them in quicktime, but there's something "funny" about them that doesn't allow my usually video software to convert them like they normally can .mov's.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

That's just how they came out after the convert. I actually wasn't aware (in case you didn't guess) that you could indiscriminately rename them to .avi. Of course, it doesn't matter either way.
    You're 100% right it doesn't really matter, just hardly ever see the extensions used.

Just for the info. Xvid and DivX are MP4's in a avi wrapper. Xvid is DivX spelled backwards. Xvid is an open source project and one of the best as far as compression and quality. I like to support open source stuff, especially when it's better than most all of the commercial stuff.

If you install the FFDShow codec you can play all most any MP4 type file (DivX, XviD, H.264, FLV1, WMV, MPEG-1 and MPEG-2, MPEG-4) without having any other special codecs. It's also open source and kept up to date very often. http://www.free-codecs.com/download/FFDShow.htm

Of course you can do what you want, but RealMedia is evil and should not be used for anything.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

A-ha! I think I've found a combination that works without youtube messing up the audio synch.

I converted the original .mov to a similar quality .wmv (yet to my surprise this time the file size still went way down when before it was roughly the same as the original) that still looks almost as good if not the same. Youtube accepted it, and it looks a little worse now, but it's OK and most importantly the sound is in sync!

[yt]Zk8K3s4hs1A[/yt]

Huzzah! Now all with flash can witness the eating of the roll!

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I love that,

"More! For God's sake."

The rest are now up (ok; one is still pending, but it's taking forever for some reason and I want to go to bed! It should be up sometime soon if it isn't already):

[yt]QPOsvIpofg8[/yt]

[yt]hZ0VdMG7U7g[/yt]

[yt]AqsmdVOBZQQ[/yt]

[yt]3O9vFkvRe_o[/yt]

[yt]9rkDol29xSA[/yt]

Default Re: Released from the Digest Vault - Forum Party Vids (Updated with youtube! Post #22

Since those all worked pretty well, I'll be adding the older vids I have to this thread in youtube format as well.

*edit* It's going to take at least 20 minutes to conver them to the .wmv's, which then have to be uploaded one at a time, which then each take several minutes for youtube to get them converted and online. I'm gonna let the computer finish converting them to .wmv, but I'm out. I'll get'em around lunch tomorrow.