Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pacers vs. Bobcats Post-Game Thread: The tank stops in Charlotte

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Pacers vs. Bobcats Post-Game Thread: The tank stops in Charlotte

Finally! Our first road win since the Colts won the Super Bowl over two months ago! Our second 11-game road losing streak this season (of sorts) comes to an end.

Danny with a career-high 32 points tonight, triggered by an inadvertant smack in the eye that wasn't whistled as a foul.

You don't want to make Danny Granger angry. You wouldn't like Danny Granger when he's angry.

Danny also played very well on the defensive end.

Shawne Williams is awesome. I would put him in the starting line-up over Dunleavy. He, Danny, and Ike are the future of this team, and should all start along with JO and Tinsley.

Our point guards-by-committee all played well tonight.

Our defense still needs a looooot of work. We can only win games right now when our shot is falling, as it was tonight.

Default Re: Pacers vs. Bobcats Post-Game Thread: The tank stops in Charlotte

Did anyone miss Tinsley tonight. I sure didn't. Having a consistantly good defender playing point and someone who can hit some shots was just huge tonight. One other thing, also having a point guard on the floor who doesn't dominate the ball also helped.

Several of you have asked over the past several weeks, why should we watch the pacers, why should we care and what future does this team have. I don't know, but I really enjoy watching Williams, Dunleavy (Yes Dunleavy when he isn't the second option - look at his rebounding tonight and I'll say it again he just makes the offense run more smoothly) and of course Granger. Granger has really changed his game lately - driving and just playing aggressively.

Nice win tonight.

Also a great move by Rick to go with Williams, Dunleavy and Granger on the floor during crunch time.

The Granger that we all loved last year and the 1st half of this year has returned.

McLeod/Armstrong: 27 pts. 11 assists. HUGE performance from the backup PG's tonight.

Shawne Williams is getting better and more comfortable every time he takes the floor.

Can we really make the playoffs? Do you believe in miracles?

The Future Is Bright JB's Breakout Year's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sh4d3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Finally! Our first road win since the Colts won the Super Bowl over two months ago! Our second 11-game road losing streak this season (of sorts) comes to an end.

Danny with a career-high 32 points tonight, triggered by an inadvertant smack in the eye that wasn't whistled as a foul.

You don't want to make Danny Granger angry. You wouldn't like Danny Granger when he's angry.

Danny also played very well on the defensive end.

Shawne Williams is awesome. I would put him in the starting line-up over Dunleavy. He, Danny, and Ike are the future of this team, and should all start along with JO and Tinsley.

Our point guards-by-committee all played well tonight.

Our defense still needs a looooot of work. We can only win games right now when our shot is falling, as it was tonight.
    Danny and Shawne played together quite a bit tonight and looked good. Both are smart, versatile, and tough. What's not to love?

Woohoo! Big win!

Danger with career high!
    Shawne coming into his own!
    PG's played well!
    Dun Dun with a double double!
    JO didn't shoot well, but a near double double, and key blocks!
    Murph was even quietly in double figures

7 PLAYERS IN DOUBLE FIGURES!! That's teamwork!!

GO PACERS!

Danny Granger was the difference

Scores related to Pacers playoff chances:

Toronto 94
    Philadelphia 85
    Final

Minnesota 91
    New York 83
    4:35 4th

Washington 61
    Cleveland 60
    4:16 3rd

Chicago 53
    New Jersey 38
    0:50 2nd

Good game by the Pacers. Good team effort (7 players in double figures)

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Did anyone miss Tinsley tonight
    Who?

Did anyone miss Tinsley tonight
    JO did. He missed about everything.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by #31 View Post
    Danny Granger was the difference
    Yes, definatley, but id like to also thank the ref that missed Danny getting smacked in the face by wallace. That really fired Danny up. Somebody needs to smack danny before every game from now on.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    Woohoo! Big win!

Danger with career high!
    Shawne coming into his own!
    PG's played well!
    Dun Dun with a double double!
    JO didn't shoot well, but a near double double, and key blocks!
    Murph was even quietly in double figures

7 PLAYERS IN DOUBLE FIGURES!! That's teamwork!!

GO PACERS!
    Thats our Pacers! Still not sure if that was lightning, but lets bottle that up, and roll with it.

No Tins, No Foster, No Problem!

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBaby33 View Post
    Yes, definatley, but id like to also thank the ref that missed Danny getting smacked in the face by wallace. That really fired Danny up. Somebody needs to smack danny before every game from now on.
    I nominate Homie the Clown

I suppose I could ask if anyone missed Foster tonight. Oops forget I said that

I also saw a lot of emotion and fire from Dunleavy tonight. Many of you don't like Dun, but I do - he is just one of those guys who makes things work when he's out there - his stats may not be anything special - you might not even notice him on the floor, but take him out of the game and things just don't work as well.

JO should get that honor.

I demand satisfaction!

*smack*

1 gm out! I NEED A HUGE WIN FROM THE GRIZZLIES TOMM. AND A WIN OVER THE CELTICS!
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

I suppose I could ask if anyone missed Foster tonight. Oops forget I said
    that
    Yes, but only because my sight was crooked.

well,

after Knicks and Sixers losses, our draft hopes are about shot, so I guess making the playoffs is my new goal.

Mood

JO should get that honor.

I demand satisfaction!

*smack*
    I agree, after all he is the team leader. If he learns to accept his role as the 2nd or 3rd or even 4th option in the offense, this team could do some damage. That is, of course, assuming we shoot as well as we did tonight.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Did anyone miss Tinsley tonight. I sure didn't. Having a consistantly good defender playing point and someone who can hit some shots was just huge tonight.

Also a great move by Rick to go with Williams, Dunleavy and Granger on the floor during crunch time.
    Errr...you did see Felton walking into the lane over and over and over. DA and McLeod are not very good defenders.

They ran no offense in the 4th at all, it was disgusting to watch and if it weren't for iso shot making late in the clock they would have lost this game. Wallace also got ripped off on back to back calls which then led to his tech when Granger was allowed to put his hand on the body when going for the block.

I'll take it, but come on. This was not proof that they are just fine without Tins, nor was it proof that DA is the answer. Dude was 0-4 from 3 yet again. The key with him was that he came inside the arc for shots (6-8, very nice).

Meanwhile CHA was able to go lane at will and also take advantage of JO at times.

However, I do agree with the 2nd part, Dunleavy was great down the stretch as a smart guy on the court and his brains and attitude got him those rebounds. Shawne still makes mistakes and can certainly be beaten about as badly as Granger, but man does he play the game like he is team focused. You just have to find a way to keep him on the court with Danny.

The one thing about Danny I praised almost all year was the development of his offensive game. After he got away from just hawking the arc around mid-DEC he's been mostly strong in his skill set. He hit the shooting slump, but his individual offensive ability and moves look developed and strong.

Awareness has been and remains his big hurdle still.

I rip on DA not being the answer mostly because of fans that think he is, but I like him and was really happy to see him able to impact the game so much tonight.

Murph, I'm really frustrated with where his game is at right now. I'd rather see Ike getting the bulk of Troy's minutes, despite Ike being careless with the ball and undersized. Ike has more strong aspects than Troy does, at least the last few weeks or so.

Bottom line - this team needs to play MUCH better than they did tonight. Honestly they looked far better vs CHI or even a good portion of the Detroit game. CHA helped out and so did some tough shot making. You can't count on that every night.

They aren't giving up, but we already knew that. I'm glad because as much as some of this play is unpleasant to watch, a team truly not caring is worse to watch by far. Even an ugly win is exciting and a little uplifting. I'm excited about a possible playoff run. They feel like the underdogs now which makes it that much more interesting. Maybe they can surprise us still.

JO did. He missed about everything.
    Funny Maragin, good one.

Buck, I don't like Dunleavy's shooting or defense, and those are issues. When he's making his open jumpers the team does much better, but when he's missing he's often holding the team back. Tonight he did neither so that was a wash, and instead he found other ways to impact the game. Gee, who does that remind me of? As I said all along, they simply traded Jack for Jack without the defense or the mental/emotional lapses.

I don't like Jack more than Dun nor dislike Dun more than Jack. I dislike the fan attitude that there is some night and day difference. There isn't, except that Dun is really the SF version of Jackson and this team didn't need yet another SF.

You can disagree all you want, but Shawne is still often asked to guard the SG, as is Danny. Why might that be I wonder?

I'd love it if Dun could just be a 38% 3pt guy that goes 48% from 2pt range with 4 assists and 5.5 rebounds (more asked on offense because he's less of a defender). Right now the 3pt shot and assists simply aren't there. Until they are he's going to be overpaid and sometimes part of the problem.

He seems great, it's the results half the time that I don't like.

[quote=Unclebuck;564614]Granger has really changed his game lately - driving and just playing aggressively.

Nice win tonight.

quote]

I have noticed it as well. Some people have been dissapointed by Grangers play this season.I haven't I think he is progressing very nicely especially on the offensive end. This is a guy who couldn't shoot last season, he comes back this year with 3pt range on his jumper,he couldn't handle the ball and get to the basket last season on a regular basis now were seeing over the past 7-8 games this guy attacking the basket.I just love the way he has been playing lately.He may not be a franchise player but he's going to be a all star caliber swingman for many years in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    Errr...you did see Felton walking into the lane over and over and over. DA and McLeod are not very good defenders.
    I see your overall point on Tins vs. the other two. No argument here. But this part wouldn't have been any different though.

Now I just want to say before hand...I didn't get to watch the game.

But I am still baffled by the fact that RC continues to not give Ike enough playing time. JO is hurting and shooting terribly (4-18) but played 40 minutes. While Diogu only got 5:24 minutes on the floor.

It is totally possible that JO had an impact on the game and it just didn't show up in the box score so I can't determine that.

No Tins, No Foster, No Problem!
    Add JO to that least and you've got my ideal off season moves for new player acquisition list.

Quote Originally Posted by indyman37 View Post
    Now I just want to say before hand...I didn't get to watch the game.

But I am still baffled by the fact that RC continues to not give Ike enough playing time. JO is hurting and shooting terribly (4-18) but played 40 minutes. While Diogu only got 5:24 minutes on the floor.

It is totally possible that JO had an impact on the game and it just didn't show up in the box score so I can't determine that.
    Well, overall stats weren't gaudy and I thought he looked pretty shabby in the 1st half. But he had a timely hoop or two and a couple timely blocks 2nd half. He also got Okafor in early foul trouble (with the help of some friendly whisltes perhaps. But forced him to the bench either way.

streets ahead

is it possible we've been calling the wrong player "Hulk" ?
    This is the darkest timeline.