Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hoopsworld JO Rumor

Default Re: Hoopsworld JO Rumor

Quote Originally Posted by Y2J View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    JO to the Lakers for Bynum, Lakers 1st, and filler.

How many of you would do that deal?
    I wouldn't do the deal unless we can dump Tinsley too.

If we get Kareem in the deal to keep tutoring him I'll do it.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by skyfire View Post
    The LA deal would leave us crazy short in the back court, but it would give us a very young and talented front court core.

PG : Farmar/Greene
    SG : Quis/Dunleavy
    SF : Granger/Williams
    PF : Odom/Diogu/Murphy
    C : Bynum/Kwame

You'd probbly have to look at moving Odom and/or Kwame for help in the back court, win 25-30 games for a season and then hopefully one of Granger, Shawne, Ike or Bynum would be close to allstar status.
    If we only won 25-30 games for a season we wouldn't have to move anyone for backcourt help because that would probably net us a top 5 pick in one of the deepest backcourt drafts of the past ten years.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    JO for KG.

It's meant to be.
    I've always thought the KG for JO deals make little to no sense. Bball likes to talk about putting lipstick on a pig. That would be like putting lipstick, eye shadow and blush on a duckbilled platypus.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

count me out.I would rather trade with Chicago and try to get Hinrich or Gordon and a pick. Or try to trade with Boston and try to get a couple of there young guys like Jefferson/Rondo/Green/West and a future pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Bball, I do think the Pacers will look to trade JO this offseason, but they aren't going to trade JO unless or until they get a deal they like. Afterall trading JO is a huge decision that will impact the franchise for the next 10 years.
    JO will be traded for two reasons- the first is obvious that we need talent in exchange. The second is that JO is breaking down and one more season where he carries the entire team he will be labeled as damaged goods.

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    JO will be traded for two reasons- the first is obvious that we need talent in exchange. The second is that JO is breaking down and one more season where he carries the entire team he will be labeled as damaged goods.
    I agree completely - but they aren't going to just give him away for middle of the 1st round draft picks and marginal players

Here is my take on the Jermaine situation.

He will be traded.

The Pacers will not send him to the Nuggest first off. No way the Pacers take a middle of the first round draft pick or two and Nene and a filler for Jermaine.

A team that very well could get Jermaine is the New York Knicks. And for several reasons.

- I think that while Jermaine hasn't been perfect that Larry and Donnie will try and send Jermaine to a situation that he wants to be in. .
    - Jermaine loved IT.
    - The Knicks have ALOT of appealing players. Robinson, Balkman, Lee, Frye, and they have some big salaries like Marbury or Francis to make salaries match. If I was the Pacers i'd try and swing something like O'Neal, Tinsley for Frye, Lee, Marbury, and Rose. But would the Knicks do that? IDK to be honest. With the season that Lee is having who knows.

Then there is the Celtics.

Ratliff, West, Perkins for Jermaine? Maybe even a bigger deal, something like Jermaine, Jamaal, and Dunleavy for Ratliff, West, Perkins, and Szczerbiak.

I'm sure that there are a lot of teams that will be interested in Jermaine but in terms of teams that actually will be able to match his salary in the summer and teams that have what the Pacers would want well the opitions and few and far between. Contracts expiering and that one time wavie rule of a few summers ago hurts the number of possiable suitors for Jermaine, especially if Jamaal has to be involed.

[
    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    Nene scores off outside stars, the offense doesn't live or die with his ability to get his own shot and draw doubles. Melo flies into the lane, draws help, dumps to Nene.
    have you watched denver play this year? just a questions cause ive been watching them alot cause they are my second favorite team and no Nene doesnt just score off Melo and AI driving and dishes, they throw the ball to him and he has some pretty damn good post moves he tore apart detroit in the low post he scores in the post and rebounds very well would i trade JO for him im no too sure but if he JO gets moved then they should really look at him and they should also try and get Smith from them.

Quote Originally Posted by rommie View Post
    Here is my take on the Jermaine situation.

He will be traded.

The Pacers will not send him to the Nuggest first off. No way the Pacers take a middle of the first round draft pick or two and Nene and a filler for Jermaine.

A team that very well could get Jermaine is the New York Knicks. And for several reasons.

- I think that while Jermaine hasn't been perfect that Larry and Donnie will try and send Jermaine to a situation that he wants to be in. .
    - Jermaine loved IT.
    - The Knicks have ALOT of appealing players. Robinson, Balkman, Lee, Frye, and they have some big salaries like Marbury or Francis to make salaries match. If I was the Pacers i'd try and swing something like O'Neal, Tinsley for Frye, Lee, Marbury, and Rose. But would the Knicks do that? IDK to be honest. With the season that Lee is having who knows.

Then there is the Celtics.

Ratliff, West, Perkins for Jermaine? Maybe even a bigger deal, something like Jermaine, Jamaal, and Dunleavy for Ratliff, West, Perkins, and Szczerbiak.

I'm sure that there are a lot of teams that will be interested in Jermaine but in terms of teams that actually will be able to match his salary in the summer and teams that have what the Pacers would want well the opitions and few and far between. Contracts expiering and that one time wavie rule of a few summers ago hurts the number of possiable suitors for Jermaine, especially if Jamaal has to be involed.
    Rose doesnt even play for the knicks and Robinson is a 5-5 shooting guard come one and what happens we get cap space for what why would a big-time free agent want to come here, theres no point to getting cap space when no one not even when this team was good would want to come here and no it wouldnt even be a discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by ThA HoyA View Post
    Rose doesnt even play for the knicks and Robinson is a 5-5 shooting guard come one and what happens we get cap space for what why would a big-time free agent want to come here, theres no point to getting cap space when no one not even when this team was good would want to come here and no it wouldnt even be a discussion.
    Malik Rose. As a filler.

Just because Robinson is small doesn't mean he sucks. He may not ever be a starter but I think he can be a hell of a spark for a team coming off the bench. He is and will contintue to be a very useful player regardless of how tall he is.

And lastly it is unlikely a free agent wants to come here. However we still need to have some money to sign our own guys to bigger contracts. Hopefully Williams, Granger, and Ike all pan out well and command a big salary. You still want to be under the LT when those guys are signed to extensions.

cool man i totally get you i didnt say robinson sucks but i dont think he can be that big of an impact since on the defensive hed be a liability.

Quote Originally Posted by rommie View Post
    - The Knicks have ALOT of appealing players. Robinson, Balkman, Lee, Frye, and they have some big salaries like Marbury or Francis to make salaries match.
    Do they? The only players on the Knicks team that I would even think about are Crawford and Lee. Robinson, Balkman and Frye I can never see them becoming any more than average starters.

If we had to take on Starbury or Franchise in order to trade JO I think Bird and Walsh would be run out of town. Ignoring the fact that Bird would likely prefer to stab himself in the eye than deal with Isiah.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

I don't like Robinson not because he's short, but because of his attitude. Really don't like the guy.

Frye and either Lee or Crawford and a decent pick is what I would want from the Knicks. Not interested in Marbury, Francis or Malik Rose, only when Jamaal is included in the deal. The problem offcourse would be how to make it work financially with JO's huge salary.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Lakers don't have quality guards they can spare, which is what we really need. I imagine they'd offer a package of Odom and trash for JO.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Nuggets offer a package of Iverson and trash for JO, and I would turn that down as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Lakers seem like a good trading partner. I would want that young 19 yo center..Andrew Bynum...and whatever trash they want to add. That guy will be a stud in a couple years.
    Yes, because the Pacers' biggest need is another young prospect at the C/PF position.

Blah.

That's insane. People complain about the downgrade in talent with the GS deal, but that would pale by comparison. If we trade J.O. it needs to be for an all star franchise player, of the right mix of young players that would put the franchise on track for the future. 1 decent young player, and late 1st. rounder doesn't come close.

Next stop June 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Sh4d3 View Post
    Yes, because the Pacers' biggest need is another young prospect at the C/PF position.

Blah.
    The Pacers only have one young prospect at C, and he's a dud named David Harrison. Bynum is already better than David...and is only 19 yo. There's a reason the Lakers have coveted this guy.

The Pacers only have one young prospect at C, and he's a dud named David Harrison. Bynum is already better than David...and is only 19 yo. There's a reason the Lakers have coveted this guy.
    Forget Ike Diogu so soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    That's insane. People complain about the downgrade in talent with the GS deal, but that would pale by comparison. If we trade J.O. it needs to be for an all star franchise player, of the right mix of young players that would put the franchise on track for the future. 1 decent young player, and late 1st. rounder doesn't come close.
    QFT

We'd be in the cellar forever if we did something like that.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Blah.
    that would be the main consideration if we were a contending team that is a few pieces away. unfortunately we are closer to being a rebuilding team than a contender, which means accumulation of talent - regardless of positional need - is all important.

bottomline is, if the lakers want jermaine, they better offer up bynum.

anyway, it's not as if we have a logjam at center. sf is where the congestion is - reminds me of the time when we had artest, harrington, and bender at that position.

Next stop June 2015

Forget Ike Diogu so soon?
    Nope. Ike is a nice prospect, but certainly not an NBA Center. Ike is a short PF.

Bynum is at least 4 inches taller and 35 lbs heavier. There really is no comparison.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    people forget that jo has the leverage to force a trade this summer, and he may well do so. it's been evident that jo is frustrated with the team.

no question that we will suck next season though if jo leaves.

i think tptb would prefer to keep jo, all things considered. but they will have to keep in mind the risk that the season after, pacers can end up with nothing if jermaine walks or with very little if it's a forced s&t situation.

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    people forget that jo has the leverage to force a trade this summer, and he may well do so. it's been evident that jo is frustrated with the team.

no question that we will suck next season though if jo leaves.

i think tptb would prefer to keep jo, all things considered. but they will have to keep in mind the risk that the season after, pacers can end up with nothing if jermaine walks or with very little if it's a forced s&t situation.
    If JO walks, he'll be leaving a whooooole lot of money on the table, so it's not quite as crippling as you may think for us.

Nope. Ike is a nice prospect, but certainly not an NBA Center. Ike is a short PF.

Bynum is at least 4 inches taller and 35 lbs heavier. There really is no comparison.
    But we're already loaded up front. What we need is upgrades in the backcourt, first and foremost. The proposed deal won't even come close to addressing that, especially if Tinsley is included in the deal.

We'll be a 20-25 win team.