Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arenas done for the year

Default Re: Arenas done for the year

Quote Originally Posted by JB's Breakout Year View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good question. You have to think at the very least 5-3 to close it out. It's there on a silver platter. Fantankers will not be pleased.
    Heres the problem with that 5-3 deal. We suck!

We'll end up going 3-5 and lose the draft pick and miss the playoffs.

The Future Is Bright JB's Breakout Year's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Heres the problem with that 5-3 deal. We suck!

We'll end up going 3-5 and lose the draft pick and miss the playoffs.
    The sad thing is that I can't even argue with you.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB's Breakout Year View Post
    Good question. You have to think at the very least 5-3 to close it out. It's there on a silver platter. Fantankers will not be pleased.

It's too bad they let 7th get so far away from them. They could catch Chicago and then Toronto if only they could catch up to NJ. Pretty unlikely after the NJ/ORL losses.

I don't mean this as a dead horse, but if ever there was a year to accept the pre-trade results simply because the East was such a mess and up for grabs, this is the year. I already thought they jumped the gun simply from a "get a smart deal done" view, but as we are seeing the East turn into a train wreck it refuels my irritation at them bailing out when they did.

Could have had a semi-coherent team getting into this slop with about as much chance as anyone, especially as a team perhaps 5-6 games over .500 (about what they seemed headed for pre-trade) and then still dealt guys away no matter how the playoffs went.

I wish I could feel more confident in the roster they currently have. Their success seems tied to just how strong Murphleavy comes out shooting in the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post

It's too bad they let 7th get so far away from them. They could catch Chicago and then Toronto if only they could catch up to NJ. Pretty unlikely after the NJ/ORL losses.

I don't mean this as a dead horse, but if ever there was a year to accept the pre-trade results simply because the East was such a mess and up for grabs, this is the year. I already thought they jumped the gun simply from a "get a smart deal done" view, but as we are seeing the East turn into a train wreck it refuels my irritation at them bailing out when they did.

Could have had a semi-coherent team getting into this slop with about as much chance as anyone, especially as a team perhaps 5-6 games over .500 (about what they seemed headed for pre-trade) and then still dealt guys away no matter how the playoffs went.

I wish I could feel more confident in the roster they currently have. Their success seems tied to just how strong Murphleavy comes out shooting in the first half.
    I find myself agreeing with you here Seth. I used to disagree so don't get me wrong there. But now...whew.

The thing about the old team is that it had LOTS of talent. They didn't fit great but LOTS of talent is always dangerous. You would never want to face a team like the old Pacers in the playoffs. I wish they would have waited til the offseason.