Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 56

Thread: Pacers vs Pistons postgame thread

  1. #1
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,756

    Default Pacers vs Pistons postgame thread

    This game tonight was really all about the Pistons. They looked completely uninterested in the first half - they were flat and looked like they didn't want to play the game. I was thinking well maybe teams are starting to overlook the Pacers. I knew something was a little bit off when the Pacers scored their first 4 baskets on layups. One huge key was Lindsey Hunter he came in late in the second and turned the entire game around. Pacers 14 point lead went to 3 at halftime. Then the 3rd quarter started and the Pistons played defense like they did in 2004 - very impressive.

    Pacers weren't even that bad in the 3rd quarter I thought the Pistons were simply that good. They started playing playoff basketball and we aren't capable of playing at that level and then when things officially started to "go bad" the Pacers in their current state of mind have no ability to turn things around - they don't have the confidence.


    Shawne Williams played a great first half - he was impressive - Granger made a few very nice drives and even passed off a few times for scores.

    Not much else to say

  2. #2
    1..2..3.. lil old blue sportsmusicxboxpacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    indy baby!
    Age
    29
    Posts
    322

    Default Re: Pacers vs Pistons postgame thread

    bye bye playoffs and pick damn worse year in pacers since long time
    IF YOU A PACER FAN DONT BASH TO THE PACERS..!!!!!

  3. #3
    One man show ajbry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,696

    Default Re: Pacers vs Pistons postgame thread

    Saunders, on why his team struggled against the Pacers:

    "We struggled when they had Stephen Jackson and Al Harrington. They don't have that now."
    You know you're in crazy bad shape when literally everyone involved with the NBA sounds like a broken record pertaining to your mishap.

    What a disaster. This team could've taken this one due to the fast 1st quarter start, but comes up well short when it counts. ******* it.

  4. #4
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,756

    Default Re: Pacers vs Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ajbry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know you're in crazy bad shape when literally everyone involved with the NBA sounds like a broken record pertaining to your mishap.

    What a disaster. This team could've taken this one due to the fast 1st quarter start, but comes up well short when it counts. ******* it.
    When did Flip say that

  5. #5
    One man show ajbry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,696

    Default Re: Pacers vs Pistons postgame thread


  6. #6
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,937

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers vs Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When did Flip say that
    He said it yesterday at practice.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  7. #7
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,864

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers vs Pistons postgame thread

    I'd like to comment on Dun and Murphy shooting 7/22 while Granger and JO were shooting 16/24 combined. Also DA's 3/7 shooting doesn't exactly make me happy. I don't see why he ever feels the need to shoot more than 3 times a game.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  8. #8
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,627

    Default Re: Pacers vs Pistons postgame thread

    I liked how Dunleavey reacted after getting rejected BIG TIME on a drive.

    He took it to the rack strong three straight times after that. I like it when players don't back down.


    Tinsley looked great early on - lots of good passes. Then he looked a bit like he lost interest.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  9. #9
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,756

    Default Re: Pacers vs Pistons postgame thread

    The trade wasn't a mishap - we were forced to make the trade. Do we have to keep going over this

  10. #10
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,699

    Default Re: Pacers vs Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I liked how Dunleavey reacted after getting rejected BIG TIME on a drive.

    He took it to the rack strong three straight times after that. I like it when players don't back down.


    Tinsley looked great early on - lots of good passes. Then he looked a bit like he lost interest.
    Tins (re)injured his ankle, he hardly played 2nd half (< 10 min)
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  11. #11
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,959

    Default Re: Pacers vs Pistons postgame thread

    It wasn't a trade!!!

    Oops, sorry, wrong argument.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  12. #12
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,756

    Default Re: Pacers vs Pistons postgame thread

    I mean how many coaches have said the Pacers are much easier to play without Artest.

  13. #13
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Pacers vs Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I mean how many coaches have said the Pacers are much easier to play without Artest.
    Free Artest!!

    Oh wait.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Pacers vs Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ajbry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know you're in crazy bad shape when literally everyone involved with the NBA sounds like a broken record ...
    You're the broken record. The human tumor that you are so fond of is finally gone, and he is enjoying a brief honeymoon period before he again emerges.

    He is gone. The Pacers are happy they found someone willing to take the scumbag without being paid off any more than they were.

    Deal with it.

  15. #15
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,756

    Default Re: Pacers vs Pistons postgame thread

    One good thing - the Pistons are no longer a big draw - only 13,100 tickets sold and a lot of no shows

  16. #16
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,937

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers vs Pistons postgame thread

    I was going to go myself but decided against it. It wasn't going to be any fun for me no matter what happened.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  17. #17
    One man show ajbry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,696

    Default Re: Pacers vs Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacertom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're the broken record. The human tumor that you are so fond of is finally gone, and he is enjoying a brief honeymoon period before he again emerges.

    He is gone. The Pacers are happy they found someone willing to take the scumbag without being paid off any more than they were.

    Deal with it.
    I'm simply articulating the common thought amongst 99.9% of the NBA community. I'd further back my argument with legitimate Jack statistics, quotes, and all of that fun stuff, but I don't want to get banned again.

    Listen, this team has taken an incredibly hard fall since the trade. We're all proud Pacers fans here, and I simply am not close to being satisfied with the subpar product they're putting on the floor, especially considering over the past three years alone we've lost four quality NBA performers.

    Being stuck in the mud for the latter end of the decade will not be fun.

  18. #18
    Administrator Roaming Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,935

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers vs Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ajbry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm simply articulating the common thought amongst 99.9% of the NBA community. I'd further back my argument with legitimate Jack statistics, quotes, and all of that fun stuff, but I don't want to get banned again.

    Listen, this team has taken an incredibly hard fall since the trade. We're all proud Pacers fans here, and I simply am not close to being satisfied with the subpar product they're putting on the floor, especially considering over the past three years alone we've lost four quality NBA performers.

    Being stuck in the mud for the latter end of the decade will not be fun.

    ...Yet and still, you sound like a:


    Seriously, what is your point, other then letting everyone on this forum know that your "favorite" player got traded? At least Saras' "fan boys" left here when he left. I think this whole forum knows that we took a hit on talent for the trade, but can accept that fact because at least he is not here. So, what is your point? You are not breaking any news, are you?

    Or, are you just content rubbing everyone's nose in it...repeatedly?
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

  19. #19
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Pacers vs Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tins (re)injured his ankle, he hardly played 2nd half (< 10 min)
    The problem with Tinsley was that Hunter got on him and was given free reign by the refs to WWE him up and down the court. Aparently neutral zone checking NHL style now passes for "intensity".

    They also were allowed to come over JO or even at one point WIPE HIM AWAY to deny post entry passes.

    Those were 2 huge factors.

    The other factor was OFFENSIVE REBOUNDING by Detroit. It's one that at first glance the numbers seem sorta okay, but then you look closer (because you saw the 3rd quarter and that DET got about 10 2nd chance scores out of 14 made/FTAs or something)

    Pacers defensively rebounded 64% of the Detroit misses.
    Pistons defensively rebounded 79% of the Pacers misses.


    It's just that Detroit shot worse and missed more, that gives Indy this modest looking rebound situation, but the fact is that they were seriously outrebounded during the 3rd (and ultimately for the whole game).


    First quarter didn't look like Detroit had no interest at all, it looked like the Pacers were effectively attacking their defensive rotation and movement, as well as getting early offense. Tinsley had NINE first quarter assists and I think the team had 10-11. Heck, it was nearly an assist for every FG (or perhaps was, need to check the PxP).

    Once Hunter was allowed to go Pippen vs Mark Jackson on the situation the offense hit a wall.


    Shawne is a great pick, very impressive off the ball, comes to passes, fills space, shows confidence.

    Ike with JO - I like it. Ike with Harrison - I like the idea of it at the very least.

    Army STOP SHOOTING THREES!!!! Seriously, enough already. The dude doing the 3pt contest destroyed Army's shooting, maybe we should sign that guy up. He was something like 7 for 13 I think. DA puts one up, gets his miss back, puts up another miss. Argh.


    Rick waited too long to go to Greene. Putting him on Rip or Billups would have been a huge assest. He also stuck with Troy too much in the 2nd half when they were having rebounding problems.


    Dun cannot finish at the rim. He draws fouls thank god, but my book on him is once he gets close don't foul, just let him shoot it. I hate to backhand compliment the guy because at least he does take it hard and gets close at least. I just wish he (like Tinsley) could finish those plays.

    It's hard to believe how out of hand it got so quickly. Bizarre and frustrating.


    Webber is a punk mother (&(*#&%)*(#)(*)#$. He was partying on the sideline like he was at Def Comedy Jam after some of the Detroit scores. First off, beating the Pacers shouldn't be a thrilling experience. Second, maybe have just a bit more class Mr. Choke. Happy is fine, but this was like howling, pulling his warm up over his head while kicking his legs in some party dance, the works.

    As Peck would say, total D-bag.



    Oh well, let's go win the next one.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Pacers vs Pistons postgame thread

    Props to Tinsley for playing with one arm and getting 10 assists.

  21. #21
    Member OTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    81
    Posts
    206

    Default Re: Pacers vs Pistons postgame thread

    Is it just me or do the Pacers come out the first half and play real good basketball, The when they com out the second half, they look like they need someone to tell what that round thing is.

  22. #22
    Boom Baby'er ABADays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Coliseum
    Posts
    6,248

    Default Re: Pacers vs Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by OTD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it just me or do the Pacers come out the first half and play real good basketball, The when they com out the second half, they look like they need someone to tell what that round thing is.
    I don't think it's been that way the whole season. If memory serves me, I was quite surprised what they were doing in 4th quarters for a pretty long stretch.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

  23. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Fishers, IN
    Posts
    436

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers vs Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One good thing - the Pistons are no longer a big draw - only 13,100 tickets sold and a lot of no shows
    I'm sorry: I just don't get why this is a good thing? The Pistons are proving they are nearly the best in the east and at one time we were the team that was going to knock them off that pedestal. These games were easy sellouts and the scalpers loved the Pistons. Now? That's a good thing?
    13,100 is a good sell for this team that has been assembled!
    Would agree that Webber's sideline antics are hardly the makings of a champion. It's more like some juvenile delinquent let out on a free pass for the weekend. Maybe Sheed has taken hold there?
    And I just laughed at the officiating late. It was horrible but at least these Pacers take their medicine without question.
    I'm still having trouble with the coaching but like Rick says: "I don't pay attention to the rumors." Maybe he should start paying attention?

  24. #24

    Default Re: Pacers vs Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At least Saras' "fan boys" left here when he left.
    I think, they didn't. Well, at least some of them After following team and its players, this board (which is actually one of the best among other fan boards) and its characters for 1.5 season it's hard to leave. I just thought it would be wise to wait some time until the bias towards "Saras fan boys" would get lower.
    I just hope, one day Pacers will get Ilgauskas and/or Songaila and/or Kleiza, so we can get on your nerves once again Ok, I kid, good luck!
    I'm really sorry because of my english (which is my 3-4 language) and I really appreciate Your patience. I hope this board will make me better

  25. #25

    Default Re: Pacers vs Pistons postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DeS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think, they didn't. Well, at least some of them After following team and its players, this board (which is actually one of the best among other fan boards) and its characters for 1.5 season it's hard to leave. I just thought it would be wise to wait some time until the bias towards "Saras fan boys" would get lower.
    I just hope, one day Pacers will get Ilgauskas and/or Songaila and/or Kleiza, so we can get on your nerves once again Ok, I kid, good luck!
    You're not alone, I'm also a strong Saras fan who is still posting on this board.
    Maceo Baston's #1 fan on Pacers Digest!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •