Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pacers vs. Spurs Post-Game Thread: Do you believe in miracles?

Default Re: Pacers vs. Spurs Post-Game Thread: Do you believe in miracles?

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have a confession to make. During the timeout right before Tinsley hit the game winner, I said, I don't care who shoots it as long as it isn't Tinsley. Oh well.

You and everyone else! I'm so glad he took it though because it was the right shot. And that was one hell of a screen that Ike set on Bowen, who was guarding Tins on the play. Way to use the body against Duncan to leverage a couple extra inches. Great play.

That was probably the most satisfying win of the season, especially after what's happened the past two months. I never thought they'd win a close game, and to do it against the Spurs will be a huge confidence lift. Great energy tonight.

I'm mainly just happy for the players and the coaches. Losing 17 out of 19 is brutal and no one ever wants to go through a stretch like that

I'm mainly just happy for the players and the coaches. Losing 17 out of 19 is brutal and no one ever wants to go through a stretch like that
    17 out of 20 is what it's all about!

Quote Originally Posted by colonialspacers View Post
    I for one don't mind the win, as I'd rather be picking in next year's draft which is full of backcourt prospects, while the current draft will probably do nothing for us except further clog up our frontcourt. TPTB will draft the best possible player available, regardless of his position. I know it sounds weird now, but who expected us to draft a forward last year?

I know this sounds incredibly strange, but I'd almost rather not have the pick or make the playoffs, as I would rather pick in next year's draft, and making the playoffs could legitimize not making as many changes to the team next year. I know it sounds terrible, but if you think about it longterm, it might be for the good of the team.
    I really don't get this at all. I can understand people wanting the team to lose this year, but not next year. Who wants two seasons of garbage?

As for the draft, we could draft a big stud this year and trade assets for a back court player or another pick. People seem to forget that this is like a double draft. The quality is likely to be higher than next year. I know we are loaded in the front court, but what better time to unload JO for a solid back court player or two. Ike seems to handle the PF position pretty well and if we draft another big, we should be set and ready to send JO on his way...or keep JO and package up Foster and Williams or Granger for an upgrade in the back court.

In any event, I want to win it all next year...unless Tinsley is our PG.

On to the Pistons! On ESPN...Oh ****, I have a test Wednesday...that should lower my GPA a little.

Quote Originally Posted by bnd45 View Post
    Ike was well rested from that joke of a DNP-CD the other night and he took out his frustrations big time.

If we deal JO and get a new coach, I'd be willing to keep the Tin Man around because the talent is there, but oh how he toys with Pacer Nation!
    Admittedly, Tins's first attempt to put us ahead/win the game was a complete dud, but his play tonight reminded me of the post-brawl Tins when he had a stretch where he looked like a burgeoning AS.

I know better than to get too enamored with this, but the talent will tease now and then. I especially liked his penetration and kick outs. Of course, this looked good b/c people were hitting shots. However, the offense seemed to have a much better flow tonight. More continuity. Lots of options. Not stagnant. Hmmm........

Finally, I really enjoyed the stretch in the 2nd when Shawne, Ike, and Danny were all on the floor simultaneously. Hope we see more of that as the year winds down. A thoroughly enjoyable game. Much needed.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm surprised nobody called April Fool's on tonight's win.

For all the talk about the draft pick, it felt a hell of a lot better to see the Pacers beat an excellent team like the Spurs. Regardless of what we think or want, it's apparent this team still has fight left in it so I say go for it and try to win a few more.

Did anyone else see Rick squirm a little when he was asked why Ike got a DNP-CD the other night?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have a confession to make. During the timeout right before Tinsley hit the game winner, I said, I don't care who shoots it as long as it isn't Tinsley. Oh well.

May I ask why? In my mind I have always thought Tins to be a pretty clutch player. He has probably hit more game winning shots than anyone else on the team at this point.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by indy0731 View Post
    May I ask why? In my mind I have always thought Tins to be a pretty clutch player. He has probably hit more game winning shots than anyone else on the team at this point.
    I agree with UB. It was one of those "No! No! ... YES!!!" moments.

Banned

Inspiring!

This just goes to show how important JO is to the future of this team. We need him back asap 100% healthy. When he gets back we may have a chance at getting back on track for the lottery!!!
    then: adverb - at that time; at the time in question

than: conjunction & preposition - introducing the second element in a comparison

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sh4d3 View Post
    I agree with UB. It was one of those "No! No! ... YES!!!" moments.
    I've just always thought that Tins is a pretty clutch player. I do feel he attempts to step up and help the team when he is asked to. Meh, I'm a Tins lover at heart I guess.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Again.. Congrats guys!
    12/27/2005 at Spurs - SamBear - 3

1/2/2008 vs Memphis - SamBear - 19

4/9/2014 - Luis Scola also recorded a season high with 24 points and Evan Turner added 23 for Indiana.

Quote Originally Posted by SamBear View Post
    Again.. Congrats guys!
    Thanks.

James White sighting??

I can't find highlights anywhere...Anyone??

Sports Logo

I have a question......it sound like Ike had a decent game. With one of the best defending Big Men in the league playing.....did he and the rest of the Spurs double team Ike?

If so.....how did he react to it?

Was Ike able to make a shot around Duncan?

or

Was he able to pass the ball out on double-teams?

I'm more curious as to learn how Ike did so well and what he did against one of the best defensive teams in the league.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    On to the Pistons! On ESPN...Oh ****, I have a test Wednesday...that should lower my GPA a little.
    it's on espn?I think it's only on NBA tv...:-/
    but wowwowowowo! I went to the magic game tonight vs the wolves and i thought for sure the wolves were dead in the water...trailing by 5 with just over a minute to go...Then they win in OT! woot! thank u ricky davis!
    1 1/2 games out now! wow...just amazing! LETS DO THE DAMN THING!
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I have a question......it sound like Ike had a decent game. With one of the best defending Big Men in the league playing.....did he and the rest of the Spurs double team Ike?

If so.....how did he react to it?

Was Ike able to make a shot around Duncan?

or

Was he able to pass the ball out on double-teams?

I'm more curious as to learn how Ike did so well and what he did against one of the best defensive teams in the league.
    The Spurs rarely doubled Ike at all; he mostly went 1-on-1 against Duncan. I'd say it was a push for the most part except Ike did seem to frustrate Duncan somewhat.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by NuffSaid View Post
    The Spurs rarely doubled Ike at all; he mostly went 1-on-1 against Duncan. I'd say it was a push for the most part except Ike did seem to frustrate Duncan somewhat.
    I'm glad that he did very well against one of the better defensive big Men in the league, but I'm really surprised that they didn't double-team Ike. Someone must have forgotten to read their scouting report on Ike cuz everyone and their Grandmother knows that he has troubles passing out of double-teams.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    I really don't get this at all. I can understand people wanting the team to lose this year, but not next year. Who wants two seasons of garbage?

As for the draft, we could draft a big stud this year and trade assets for a back court player or another pick. People seem to forget that this is like a double draft. The quality is likely to be higher than next year. I know we are loaded in the front court, but what better time to unload JO for a solid back court player or two. Ike seems to handle the PF position pretty well and if we draft another big, we should be set and ready to send JO on his way...or keep JO and package up Foster and Williams or Granger for an upgrade in the back court.

In any event, I want to win it all next year...unless Tinsley is our PG.

I don't know about this... one thing to keep in mind this year from what I have heard on radio espn ect.. Oden and Durrant coming out is not set in stone... Durrant enjoyed the tournament and might want to due it again next year.. loves his coach.. how knows. and Oden most likely will come back if his teams looses to Florida Monday... the main idea is this year really will not have a draft that suits our needs as much as next year. Even if we make the playoffs next year and IMO we will probably still get a better player that suits our needs then we would get this year out of the top four or five Especially if Oden and Durant both stay.
    You didn't think it was gonna be that easy, did you? ..... You know, for a second there, yeah, I kinda did.....
    Silly rabbit..... Trix are for kids.

Excellent. This should help Tinsley's trade value.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Tonights game was all about Ike. It is obvious that when he gets the inutes he gets things doen. But when he just plays 10 minutes or so backing up JO, he does nothing. What I liked best tonight was that I saw Ike really playing hard, he battled and mentally he was into it. I know he can score, I know he can shoot, but sometimes he looks lost - but not tonight. Whether we want to admit it or not - Ike might just be the Pacers most important player - in the future and as they decide how to rebuild this team.
    I have been giving IKE props since day one and saying he needed more time on the floor, he is a starter, I don't care about his size. I'm glad to see RC give him some mins. Tonight he had no choice with your boy Foster hurt. Would still like to see him paired with JO, probably not enough room in the paint though. Bottom line, play IKE!