Thread: Tinsley's health

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Default Tinsley's health

I know the Tins haters think I love him just like they thought I loved Jackson, just because I won't throw them under the bus as the full problem with the team. But let's seriously reflect on Tinsley's ability to play the full season this year, something he made a goal at the start of the year.

The knock on him before this year wasn't his bad shooting (it's rarely been all that good though) or even his defense (always a good steals, hands guy, poor space denial though), but rather that he was "always" injured.

He's just about made good on his desire to play every game. I think he's missed 1 so far. What's that say about him? I mean people talk about showcase, but he could have showcased himself out of Indy before now.

How'd he do it, why'd he do it, and given this full year and his first 2, plus a season where he was apparently healthy the whole time even when RC wouldn't put him in the game, is he really "injury prone" or did he just have 2 bad seasons?

The Future Is Bright JB's Breakout Year's Avatar

Default Re: Tinsley's health

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know the Tins haters think I love him just like they thought I loved Jackson, just because I won't throw them under the bus as the full problem with the team. But let's seriously reflect on Tinsley's ability to play the full season this year, something he made a goal at the start of the year.

The knock on him before this year wasn't his bad shooting (it's rarely been all that good though) or even his defense (always a good steals, hands guy, poor space denial though), but rather that he was "always" injured.

He's just about made good on his desire to play every game. I think he's missed 1 so far. What's that say about him? I mean people talk about showcase, but he could have showcased himself out of Indy before now.

How'd he do it, why'd he do it, and given this full year and his first 2, plus a season where he was apparently healthy the whole time even when RC wouldn't put him in the game, is he really "injury prone" or did he just have 2 bad seasons?
    I think he may have actually missed a couple of games, but I think the answer to your questions is he has just been determined to play as much as he could.

Say what you will about him, and he will probably be traded by Walsh and Bird due to the off-the-court stuff, it seems much more important to him to play than to maintain good stats (granted, the shooting percentage may never be "good" ). This year has been different in that regard.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

:theseasonsnotoveryet:

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Easily explained.

Tinsley supposedly now has a chef, so he's taking less trips to white castle. He also probably parties a little less with all the court appearances...he needs to stay sober you know. He also doesn't have as many thugs to party with now that Jack is gone....so he's getting his rest.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Easily explained.

Tinsley supposedly now has a chef, so he's taking less trips to white castle. He also probably parties a little less with all the court appearances...he needs to stay sober you know. He also doesn't have as many thugs to party with now that Jack is gone....so he's getting his rest.
    Is there a more precise diagnosis than "stomach ailments"?