Thread: whew! What a day (Game recap + a long time coming souvenir *pics*

Default whew! What a day (Game recap + a long time coming souvenir *pics*

well first off let me tell you that I enjoy watching the pacers...be it them losing or not it is what it is...got to see jermaine o'neal today and that was a huge plus...I had asked em early in the day at the team hotel if he was playing and he told me he didn't know...which bummed me out because I was wanting to see him play! He ended up playing and it was all good...except for the idiot fans in my ear all game "JO SUCKS!" "I'D BUY HIS JERSEY!" everytime he missed a shot..."SIT DOWN O'NEAL YOU SUCK!" i mean i know razzing is one thing but these idiots constantly did it the whole game...he was playing on one leg and really almost brought a tear to my eye watching him play because I think he's what every NBA player should be like. You know everytime we got it close it seemed the magic pushed it back up again. It's ok i had a fun time...Now theres one thing i have been trying to get for 4-5+ years now...and that's JO's shoes...I know it may not seem like a big deal but for me it is..he finally said i could have them! As he left the court he told me "I'm going to give them to my security guard and he'll bring em out" Fine...But i have no team pass! which means bye bye building! I was crushed and let me tell you i didn't know what to say at that point...as i was leaving some really nice lady saw my disheartened look and asked what was wrong? i said all i wanted was 1 minute so i could waiyt for JO's security to bring those out..the idiot arena security said "He told me hes not bringing them out" bahhhhh ok clown...well the lady let me sit with her and her son who had a guest pass! I eventually asked a person with a pacer cred. (nice black guy donno who it was) if Joe (jo's security) if he had seen him...he said hes still waiting on JO...fine...well when he did see Joe he asked em about the shoes and he comes out and tells me that hes going to get them from Jermaine...so i wait oh a good 45 minutes after that and most players are leaving...side note danny granger is such a nice guy....really respectful to people and a humble kid...work on the shot bud! but anyways the only one left was darrell armstrong..and JO's security guy brings em out and puts em on a little table like 6 ft from me...WTF? why i have no idea but he didn't hand them to me...I ask the other arena security 2 hand me them and he throws his hands up and says "He has to give them to you"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this guys basically telling me the guy has to give them to me but by then JO's security walked off! So as armstrong was walking into the tunnell I said to em "Darrell...see JO's shoes right there? he told his security to bring them out for me but i can't reach em on that table" Well this dick security guy proceeds to tell em "I don't know that...he might have left them there for someone else or by mistake!" even tho he knew all along what i was waiting on! he even tryed telling me that JO's security told em he's not bringing the shoes out! i knew he was lying! well DA calls JO and gets no answer on his phone...I'm bummed at this pt thinking there right there why cant i have em? so DA says "Give me a minute i'm going to go see if he's on the bus" ...I thought oh no if he leaves thats it...well this security guy goes "Ill give you 2 mins to see if he comes back if not you got to go" OMG He was about to make me leave with the shoes sitting right on that table! this clown wanted em i knew it...well at the last moment i see DA walking through the tunnell and he tells the security he talked to JO and jermaine said "He left em for the kid"...THANK YOU! geeez,...so the guy had to give em to me...I felt like wtf? this guy knew what iwas waiting on but made sure he could some way make it so i didnt get them!
    4 1/2 yrs but i finally got em...just wanted to share some pics with u guys...

a couple random pics

still in shock i finally got em...

but went through hell and back just to get em...
    it was worth it tho
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

Default Re: whew! What a day (Game recap + a long time coming souvenir *pics*

Congrats man!

Heh...I'm in that last picture.

lmao i see u...amazing...yeah i finally got em man..for real amazing
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Deadshot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Congrats man!

Heh...I'm in that last picture.
    which one are you?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Blonde with sideburns behind the kid in the blue shirt. That's my basketball thats poking through.

Are they the shoes he wore in the game? Im not sure Id want some stinky sneakers but its a good souvenir I guess. Congrats for getting them!

And thanks for sharing your story. Its a bit heart-warming to know that the guys cared so much about a fan to go through that sort of trouble for you (especially all DA did). Its even more impressive knowing the kind of mood they were probably in after that sort of loss.

This is my silver lining to a cloudy night.

That is awesome.

I think that says a ton about character. Darrell did not have to do that for you, but he went way out of his way and did it. Same with Jermaine. He was obviously upset tonight after the game, but he did and that's absolutely great (and very respectable).

Congrats!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Good for you man!!! I'm glad this story is out there. Even tho our players may have a bad rep with many people if you ever get a chance to speak with them you will find we have one of the most fan friendly rosters around, that is what I have always gotten from my personal interactions with them.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

yeah they are game worn...they are the shoes he wore tonight. It was funny because I was trying to tell darrell something when he called JO (or tryed to) and the stupid arena security guy was like "HEY! He's on the phone!" like wtf...shut up...Darrell really was amazing. I knew he was a great guy and he's always been one of my favs...I'm so happy...Finally!
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyPacersLeft View Post
    yeah they are game worn...they are the shoes he wore tonight. It was funny because I was trying to tell darrell something when he called JO (or tryed to) and the stupid arena security guy was like "HEY! He's on the phone!" like wtf...shut up...Darrell really was amazing. I knew he was a great guy and he's always been one of my favs...I'm so happy...Finally!
    I just noticed something funny. Your profile says you are 26 which make you what a year or two younger than JO and he goes about his shoes "I left em for the kid." Ha, weird.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by indy0731 View Post
    Good for you man!!! I'm glad this story is out there. Even tho our players may have a bad rep with many people if you ever get a chance to speak with them you will find we have one of the most fan friendly rosters around, that is what I have always gotten from my personal interactions with them.
    right...not one guy on our team is not a friendly person to fans...I saw shawn williams and Tins taking pics with people today...smiling and what not...Quis was in good spirits and said he looks to be back for the playoffs...
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

Quote Originally Posted by indy0731 View Post
    I just noticed something funny. Your profile says you are 26 which make you what a year or two younger than JO and he goes about his shoes "I left em for the kid." Ha, weird.
    LOL...age is wrong...I'm 21..and yeah I do have a very young look to me...about 15-16...lol
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

Sports Logo

Do you have a $1 bill to put next to the shoes so that we can get some idea how big those shoes are?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

OMFGGGGGGGGGGG! I WAS JUST LOOKING IN THE SHOES....AND I FOUND HIS RUBBERBANDS THAT SAID J70! HE NEVER GIVES THOSE OUT! WTF! WHOA!
    HE TOLD ME ONE TIME HIS DAUGHTER GIVES THEM TO HIM AND HE DOESN'T GIVE THEM OUT! OMGGGGGGGGGGGG
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

BTW THEY ARE SIZE 16
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

"GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

I wanted to read what you had to say, but in order to do so, I had to put in some paragraphs

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyPacersLeft View Post

well first off let me tell you that I enjoy watching the pacers...be it them losing or not it is what it is...got to see jermaine o'neal today and that was a huge plus..

.I had asked em early in the day at the team hotel if he was playing and he told me he didn't know...which bummed me out because I was wanting to see him play! He ended up playing and it was all good...except for the idiot fans in my ear all game "JO SUCKS!" "I'D BUY HIS JERSEY!" everytime he missed a shot..."SIT DOWN O'NEAL YOU SUCK!" i mean i know razzing is one thing but these idiots constantly did it the whole game..

.he was playing on one leg and really almost brought a tear to my eye watching him play because I think he's what every NBA player should be like. You know everytime we got it close it seemed the magic pushed it back up again. It's ok i had a fun time...Now theres one thing i have been trying to get for 4-5+ years now...and that's JO's shoes..

.I know it may not seem like a big deal but for me it is..he finally said i could have them! As he left the court he told me "I'm going to give them to my security guard and he'll bring em out" Fine...But i have no team pass! which means bye bye building! I was crushed and let me tell you i didn't know what to say at that point.

..as i was leaving some really nice lady saw my disheartened look and asked what was wrong? i said all i wanted was 1 minute so i could waiyt for JO's security to bring those out..the idiot arena security said "He told me hes not bringing them out" bahhhhh ok clown.

..well the lady let me sit with her and her son who had a guest pass! I eventually asked a person with a pacer cred. (nice black guy donno who it was) if Joe (jo's security) if he had seen him...he said hes still waiting on JO...fine...well when he did see Joe he asked em about the shoes and he comes out and tells me that hes going to get them from Jermaine..

.so i wait oh a good 45 minutes after that and most players are leaving...side note danny granger is such a nice guy....really respectful to people and a humble kid...work on the shot bud! but anyways the only one left was darrell armstrong..and JO's security guy brings em out and puts em on a little table like 6 ft from me...WTF? why i have no idea but he didn't hand them to me.

..I ask the other arena security 2 hand me them and he throws his hands up and says "He has to give them to you"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this guys basically telling me the guy has to give them to me but by then JO's security walked off! So as armstrong was walking into the tunnell I said to em "Darrell...see JO's shoes right there? he told his security to bring them out for me but i can't reach em on that table"

Well this dick security guy proceeds to tell em "I don't know that...he might have left them there for someone else or by mistake!" even tho he knew all along what i was waiting on! he even tryed telling me that JO's security told em he's not bringing the shoes out! i knew he was lying! well DA calls JO and gets no answer on his phone..

.I'm bummed at this pt thinking there right there why cant i have em? so DA says "Give me a minute i'm going to go see if he's on the bus" ...I thought oh no if he leaves thats it...well this security guy goes "Ill give you 2 mins to see if he comes back if not you got to go" OMG He was about to make me leave with the shoes sitting right on that table! this clown wanted em i knew it..

.well at the last moment i see DA walking through the tunnell and he tells the security he talked to JO and jermaine said "He left em for the kid"...THANK YOU! geeez,...so the guy had to give em to me...I felt like wtf? this guy knew what iwas waiting on but made sure he could some way make it so i didnt get them!

4 1/2 yrs but i finally got em...just wanted to share some pics with u guys...

a couple random pics

still in shock i finally got em...

but went through hell and back just to get em...
    it was worth it tho

yeah sorry I was just so angry/ecstatic to really pay attention...you wonder how i could be angry but i think it was wrong the way they wouldn't give me the damn shoes...it's obvious JO left em for me i mean wtf? but yeah i'm so happy to finally add these to my collection!
    !
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    That is awesome.

I think that says a ton about character. Darrell did not have to do that for you, but he went way out of his way and did it. Same with Jermaine. He was obviously upset tonight after the game, but he did and that's absolutely great (and very respectable).

Congrats!
    See, that's the thing. People ride these guys on this character issue but honestly it doesn't seem like the team has a huge load of problems. I really don't even think Jack was typically a bad guy, he just had a skewed view of helping out his friends and can't control his emotions on the court.

As much as I criticize the ability with these guys, I keep wishing for their sake that they'd put it together. I'd rather Army was dropping some 3s instead of wishing he wouldn't take any more because guys like he, Dun and Troy are extremely likeable. You want to have them do well. Too bad reality isn't helping out.

JO definitely comes across as super likeable and a good community guy.

Anyway, congrats and good perseverance.

I think we need more jermaine o'neals in this league...willing to play on one leg just to help his team win..great with the fans and community...I'm not wanting to trade him for a bunch of junk...
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER