Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Could that have been the last game JO plays as a pacer?

Default Re: Could that have been the last game JO plays as a pacer?

Oh F IT! LETS GO PACERS! BEAT THE DAMN SPURS! BEAT THE DAMN PISTONS! AND YEAH WE GO ON THE ROAD BUT WHO CARES LOOK WHO WE PLAY! HOUSE OUT FOR THE YEAR I BELIEVE AND VC HURT...THIS COULD GET INTERESTING!
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Derail about the Phoenix Suns

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Imagine if Reggie had been signed in the expansion draft and you never got to really see his final game, and even if you did you didn't realize it at the time.

I was at Conseco for game 5, 2000, and I wish I'd known it was the last time I'd see Rik or Jax or Dale (basically) play as a Pacer live. That's my concern here. It was great being able to enjoy Reggie's last game knowing that it was.

I hope it isn't the end of JO, but just in case I'm viewing his games like they might be and trying to enjoy his play as much as possible despite the outcomes of the games.

Don't get me wrong, I agree if we truly are seeing JO's last games I will be as sad as anyone to see him go. However, I am not convinced that the only way to salavage this team is by trading JO. I think this franchise needs a breath of fresh air in a lot more places than on the court. First off, how about we upgrade our training staff or at least give somebody else a shot? Haven't the guys that our taking care of our players mucked enough to have their job security in question?
    Management and coaching also need to be addressed IMO. If you ask me Bird has proven himself to be a HUGE hypocrite after firing Thomas and still allowing Rick to be head coach. To put it in perspective Isaih got canned after a 48-34 season as a young coach that obviously won over a young roster except for this one guy named Artest who Thomas seemed to believe was sort of uncoachable. Gee, who was wrong there? Bird said teams tend to tune coaches out after 3 years. Well here we are almost to the end of year 4 and we still have Carlisle as head coach. Not to mention we had a year of awful to watch dreadful .500 ball and now we find ourselves 10 games under .500 a year later. Why is Rick still here? I think it is because he is Bird's friend. If Rick was anyone else I believe he would have been gone after last year. Honestly I'm not sure that we aren't stuck with Rick for as long as we are stuck with Larry. I don't trust Bird to run a McDonald's right now let alone a NBA organization.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Oh F IT! LETS GO PACERS! BEAT THE DAMN SPURS! BEAT THE DAMN PISTONS! AND YEAH WE GO ON THE ROAD BUT WHO CARES LOOK WHO WE PLAY! HOUSE OUT FOR THE YEAR I BELIEVE AND VC HURT...THIS COULD GET INTERESTING!
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleKat View Post
    We're a pretty sad team without JO at power forward...!!

On the down side...JO is wearing out. He's been in the league eleven years, and his body has taken a beating. I think he may have only a few more good years left before he completely starts breaking down...if it hasn't already started this year. It might be wise to trade him while he is still at the top of his trade value.
    Agreed, JO will be coming off his 3rd straight injury plagued year, plus he'll be 29 early next season. You have to wonder how much he has left.
    basketbawful.com- The best of the worst of professional basketball. And there's a lot of it.

I love J.O. and he is now BY FAR our best player.

I'm convinced you won't win in the NBA w/o great guard play, period.
    The rest of the entire world is convinced that big men win in the pros & you have to have vets or insanely good young gaurds in the NCAA.

I've never liked the Lakers & I've always liked MJ much more than Kobe.

Having said that DAMN Kobe & J.O. together would be FIRE!!!!!

I don't think I want anything they have though.
    They never even offer Odom or any decent packages.
    They tried to get Artest for garbage & they wouldn't even give garbage to the Nets for Kidd this year.

You don't want to pair J.O. with Kobe & then take draft picks, because you'll be picking near last every year, not to mention salary.

Maybe Bird & Danny can flip a quarter...

Heads we take Pierce.
    Tails, Celts grab J.O.

Otherwise, these teams stay gridlocked. They started sucking early enough to pair Pierce w/ a good draft. We are in real trouble. I just can't see things getting any worse for the Pacers. For some reason I think we'll be good next year or again. Do I need a straight jacket?
    1 - 2, Tinsley's coming for you.
    3 - 4, You're not a team no more.
    5 - 6, He's gonna plead the 5th.
    7 - 8, He's gonna stay out late.

Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    The only person I've seen not be blamed for anything is DJ Paul B. Is he even around anymore?
    Come to think of it, where is Hard-hat Guy? You know, the guy that used to sit in the front row near the visitor's tunnel and hold up all the signs. I haven't seen him at any of the games I've been to this year, or on TV. I miss that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    Come to think of it, where is Hard-hat Guy? You know, the guy that used to sit in the front row near the visitor's tunnel and hold up all the signs. I haven't seen him at any of the games I've been to this year, or on TV. I miss that guy.
    He only shows up for national TV games.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    Seriously???

That's ****ing pathetic.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    Seriously???

That's ****ing pathetic.
    Yep. He's a tool. Considering he lives in Florida, one would think the games he could actually see (back during the pre-DirecTV days, of course) would be the last ones he'd be interested in. But no, he's there to stroke his ego, plain and simple.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

I think I've seen him at a few non-nat TV games....

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

OK, I'll back off on my original reaction.

He can go to whatever games he wants to. And frankly, I'd prefer he come to the Nat TV games over not coming at all, same goes for any and all ticket buyers. Whatever your motivation, coming to the game is better than not.

HOWEVER - if the motivation to come is only to be "seen" I will reinstate my "pathetic" stance.

I live in LA, and there's so much of that crap flying around here that I've developed a very low tolerance for it.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    OK, I'll back off on my original reaction.

He can go to whatever games he wants to. And frankly, I'd prefer he come to the Nat TV games over not coming at all, same goes for any and all ticket buyers. Whatever your motivation, coming to the game is better than not.

HOWEVER - if the motivation to come is only to be "seen" I will reinstate my "pathetic" stance.

I live in LA, and there's so much of that crap flying around here that I've developed a very low tolerance for it.
    Hes pretty much an attention whore IMHO. I didn't think that until I had my season tix. Now he just stomps around with those damn signs like a fool. Hes more of a dumb gimmick than anything else.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Man... from grousing about the team to picking on the hardhat guy. We're turning into a tough crowd to please!

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    I haven't seen him at all this season. But in seasons past he showed up for most every game, whether on national Tv or not

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I haven't seen him at all this season. But in seasons past he showed up for most every game, whether on national Tv or not
    Yes, I remember that in years past, he would show up for a lot of games, especially the biggest matchups (Pistons, Lakers, etc.). The signs were often kind of lame, but they did get the crowd going.