Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did anyone else hear what ESPN said about Rick's future

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Default Re: Did anyone else hear what ESPN said about Rick's future

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Carlisle...

losing the team?

Wow. That's surprising. Seattle can have him. In fact, I'd trade Rick for Bob Hill straight up.

Give either coach the right players, they look like good coaches. Give them lousy players, they look like lousy coaches.

The only difference between the two is that Bo seems to be able to let his players play without micromanaging.

Rick's very overrated on this board, the success he had his first season in Indiana is because JO and Tinsley stayed healthy until the ECFs.
    Because JO and Tins were so hurt the year before right? And of course Rick was loaded with talent his first year in Detroit. Stackhouse as the star of the team, how could he lose.

Please.

Bob Hill had - Reggie, Detlef, Rik, Dale, Mike Williams (pre-injury), Person...couldn't get over .500 with them. Det was 6th man back to back AND had better numbers than Reggie. That team severely underachieved and it wasn't injuries that kept them down the year AFTER the 5 game vs Boston series, nor suspensions, nor Chuck or Dale demanding trades and acting up.

Is that how much you hate RC? You'll totally ignore that Bob Hill was handed a boatload of talent and did nothing with it just to prove your point?

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Interesting tidbit:

I grew up watching University of Virginia.

Carlisle and Ivaroni both played for UVA.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Are we so bored with the current team that we're going to do this again?

Is Artest a tremendous talent? Absolutely. But that's only about 1.5% of the story when it comes to Artest.

Did Artest ever do anything productive without JO and Tinsley? No. He was a big cause of the losing in Chicago, and the Kings have played their way to the Pacific Division cellar this season with and without him.

Tinsley and JO at least won a playoff series (two years ago) without him and were competitive against Detroit despite losing their starting SF without a replacement.

And in spite of Artest's off-the-court meltdown vs. Miami in 2004, they won that series. And they might've beaten Detroit, if JO and Tinsley didn't get hurt that series. Hell, they might've beaten Detroit with a hurt JO and Tinsley if Artest didn't continue his manic-depression sidesteps all the way into his skipped flight before Game #6 and then his famous meltdown during the fourth quarter of Game #6 (as I'm sure you'll recall, we were still barely hanging onto the lead when the on-court portion of his meltdown manifested.)

Now if you want to say that all of those wins were because of an aging Reggie Miller, go right ahead. I won't agree, but that wouldn't be the first time we disagreed.

Artest was only the third best player on that team (fourth best on Reggie's 'good days'), AND a ticking time bomb.
    Jay, I was sort of agreeing with you until your last line. Artest the 3rd best player on the team. At no time has Tinsley ever been better than Artest. Also don't forget Tinsley didn't play until the 5th game of that Boston series

Tinsley is better than Artest...guess Jay doesn't include defense in his analysis.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Tinsley is still playing on the team. Artest destroyed the team

ergo.....Tinsley is better.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Sports Logo

I would think Ivaroni is going to Toronto and Mitchel is going to the Bobcats.

Please Walsh & Co hire Mark Jackson!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    I would think Ivaroni is going to Toronto and Mitchel is going to the Bobcats.

Please Walsh & Co hire Mark Jackson!!!!
    So, if Mark was hired who do you think would be the first person he called? Hey Reg, this is Mark, if that TNT gig or movie thing doesn't work out then give me a call.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    So, if Mark was hired who do you think would be the first person he called? Hey Reg, this is Mark, if that TNT gig or movie thing doesn't work out then give me a call.
    And Reggie would reply, "Man, I refuse to work with anyone who thinks Grant Hill is better than Dr. J. You're FOS, Jack."