Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Oden and Conley Both Enterting the Draft

Default Re: Oden and Conley Both Enterting the Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think I picked the wrong words, because I completely agree.

I was trying to say neither are the player you're going to sell the farm for, but make your team extremely better. They don't get the ball when a bucket is needed, but they always end up with the ball from a rebound and get a stick back, or something of the sort.

You can watch them play, and notice they're on the floor, but until you look at the stat sheet you weren't aware they had a double-double.

Yeah, we are on the same wavelength. I hope Josh is one of those guys, because this league needs more of them.

I likethat Brewer guy on Florida, he reminds me of Josh Howard

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball Kid View Post
    Man, the Grizzlies are going to be loaded up frontcourt. Pau Gasol, Hakim Warrick, Rudy Gay and now Greg Oden? Actually, they could all start at the same time cause Rudy Gay plays sometimes at guard I think.

Seriously, watch out for the Grizzlies next year.
    Oden will end up as a Celtic. Mark it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    yeah. He was damn good the last 2 years, but he looks bad in one game, and all of a sudden, he's a bust. Silly overreaction.
    I've been calling him overrated for 2 years.

Why?

Because he's overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto View Post
    Noah has the intensity, the killer streak and the will to win. Add that to his actual basketball skills and you have one hell of a player.

I would think out of anybody Pacer fans would appreciate his love of the game and passion he shows.
    But what Noah doesn't have is a consistent shot and an NBA body capable of playing legit defense on decent big men.

Artest had a lot of passion too...when we were winning. I have a feeling Noah is going to be a sore loser-type.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sh4d3 View Post
    But what Noah doesn't have is a consistent shot and an NBA body capable of playing legit defense on decent big men.

Artest had a lot of passion too...when we were winning. I have a feeling Noah is going to be a sore loser-type.
    Ron Artest = Joakim Noah?

Nah but honestly he can develop a better shot (not that hard to do honestly) and he DID shoot 60% constantly in college. Not that bad for a big. The defensive thing - sure he will be overpowered sometimes, but he has great length and good speed to help out with that.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Sh4d3 View Post

I understand what you mean by two players having passion, yet that can result in negativity.

I am not sure, however, how that will play out for Noah. I have only heard the guy speak a couple times, and he sounded like a New York City thug. ...and it wasn't just the accent, but what he said. So, maybe you have something here.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    I understand what you mean by two players having passion, yet that can result in negativity.

I am not sure, however, how that will play out for Noah. I have only heard the guy speak a couple times, and he sounded like a New York City thug. ...and it wasn't just the accent, but what he said. So, maybe you have something here.
    Oh my god....here we go.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Nah but honestly he can develop a better shot (not that hard to do honestly) and he DID shoot 60% constantly in college. Not that bad for a big. The defensive thing - sure he will be overpowered sometimes, but he has great length and good speed to help out with that.
    Obviously you've never reconstructed a jumpshot before. It's anything but easy, and it takes A LOT of time and practice. I'm talking 1000+ jumpshots a day for well over a month. It took me a whole summer, and I only changed the way the ball sat in my right hand. I couldn't imagine restructuring the whole thing from the waist up.

Him "shooting" 60% was him hitting layups and dunks. How many times a game do you think he stepped out and took anything over 5ft if it wasn't a FT? I would pick under if the line was set at 2.

Banned

Conley's shot will develop over time. It's not a big issue at all. Tony Parkers an even worse shooter and he's an All-Star, and he doesn't have half the passing ability that Mike has.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Obviously you've never reconstructed a jumpshot before. It's anything but easy, and it takes A LOT of time and practice. I'm talking 1000+ jumpshots a day for well over a month. It took me a whole summer, and I only changed the way the ball sat in my right hand. I couldn't imagine restructuring the whole thing from the waist up.

Him "shooting" 60% was him hitting layups and dunks. How many times a game do you think he stepped out and took anything over 5ft if it wasn't a FT? I would pick under if the line was set at 2.
    I'm not saying he needs to reconstruct his shot, he just needs to find a solid coach to help him tweak it a bit.

And he took about 4 shots a game from 8-10 feet.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not saying he needs to reconstruct his shot, he just needs to find a solid coach to help him tweak it a bit.

And he took about 4 shots a game from 8-10 feet.
    He shoots with his hands on the sides of the ball and pushes it with his thumb, which is why it side-spins. It would be a total shot reconstruction, because it would affect everything from hand position, release point, the way he holds his arms, etc.

His shot is just straight awful.