Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nets game a must win?

Default Nets game a must win?

at 31-39 and the nets currently 32-38 is it a must win? I'd say so...1 game back right now and a loss pretty much seals the deal.
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

Default Re: Nets game a must win?

I think it is a must crucial game...not just because of the records, but for our confidence level.

New Jersey usually OWNS us.

Banned

Geez, if we don't win a few of these games -- the nets game included -- we are going to fall out of the playoffs but above the 10th pick. Thus taking it in the rear from Atlanta on the Harrington deal.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

It is IF we want to make the playoffs and NOT get to the offseason as painlessly (depending on your view) and quickly as possible.
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!

Certainly.

Yes, it's a must "win". Fortunately we have a lot of "success" against them.

Sports Logo

Isn't every game a "must-win" from now on?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

This is a "must-lose" game. We wont do ANYTHING in the playoffs..well if we do make them, we will lose the first series and JO will probably tear his ACL or blow out his knee in the process.

way to be positive!
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

These next two are especially important because in effect each game counts like two games. And that isn't even taking into account the tie-breakers

Mood

must win? im officially on tank mode. let's lose this one and get the draft pick! i have no interest in seeing this team play anymore than the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by denyfizle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    must win? im officially on tank mode. let's lose this one and get the draft pick! i have no interest in seeing this team play anymore than the regular season.
    Please explain, how do we purposely lose this game? How is it accomplished and by whom?

I'd rather see us make it to the playoffs even if means a quick exit.

You ALWAYS go for the win and the playoffs. You never know what might happen int he playoffs and the experience for the younger guys in the playoffs is invaulable, even if its a losing experience.

Every game from here on out are MUST WIN games, but these next two are extremely crucial!

Unfortunately, I'm afraid the Nets and Magic will bring far more intensity to hold onto their current playoff seeding than the Pacers' sense or urgency to get back in the hunt. It's a sad day when even I have little hope of my boyz making the post season. Generally speaking, I'm usually on their side no matter what. But now...

I'm clinging to a thread of hope, but it's a very thin piece of thread about 1 inch long. My boyz aren't giving me much to go on these days.

Yes, a must win. But it blows my mind that a team with a 31- 9 record (us) even has a chance at the post season. That is one problem with the NBA.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by odeez View Post
    Yes, a must win. But it blows my mind that a team with a 31- 39 record (us) even has a chance at the post season. That is one problem with the NBA.
    Fixed.

I wish we had a 31-9 record......

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

So what have we got... 12 games left? We need to go 10-2 to avoid a losing record.

Have we went 10-2 at any stretch this season?

Ouch... the spiral continues. We'll be lucky to go 2-10. Is that bad enough for a top ten pick?

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    So what have we got... 12 games left? We need to go 10-2 to avoid a losing record.

Ouch... the spiral continues. We'll be lucky to go 2-10. Is that bad enough for a top ten pick?

-Bball
    Hate to say it, but I hope 2-10 does mean a top ten pick. To be honest, it sounds more interesting then going to the playoffs at this point. It was heart breaking watching the CAVS beat us at home last night. Seeing their bench laugh and joke around, while we hung our heads low. Watching Snow blow by TINS to score and 1. This team just doesn't have it, and you can't just turn it on. The switch on this season has been off since the All Star break, and come the end of the season, heads should roll, starting with RC.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The good news here is that the last 8 games are against relatively weak opponents. But I still don't like our chances if we get to them at 31-43. 33-41, and we still have a chance.

Yes, the NJ game is damn near a must-win, as is the Orlando game. SA is likely to beat us into the ground, and we likely won't fare well against Detroit either.

Quote Originally Posted by Sh4d3 View Post
    The good news here is that the last 8 games are against relatively weak opponents. But I still don't like our chances if we get to them at 31-43. 33-41, and we still have a chance.

Yes, the NJ game is damn near a must-win, as is the Orlando game. SA is likely to beat us into the ground, and we likely won't fare well against Detroit either.
    My alter ego started a thread over on IndyStar/Pacers forum that sums up the Pacers chances of getting back to the post-season. If anyone is interest, give it a read.

They do have a chance, but it's very slim at this point. Their chances depend more on what the Nets/Orlando do moreso than what the Pacers themselves do from here on out. But, YES! These next 2 games are definate MUST WINS to keep their playoff hopes alive.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post

-Bball
    Yes....I think a 33-49 record is good enough to earn us the 9th or 10th worst record in the league.

But it probably won't matter....Stern will probably rig it so that we end up with the 14th pick in the draft.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

I don't understand the people with the whole attitude that "anything can happen in the playoffs" what? we're gonna suddenly flip a switch and all of the problems we've had during the course of the season will magically fix themselves so that it's even? I'm sorry but there's a difference between optimism and reality folks. These forums are reaching a completely new level of denial.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    I don't understand the people with the whole attitude that "anything can happen in the playoffs" what? we're gonna suddenly flip a switch and all of the problems we've had during the course of the season will magically fix themselves so that it's even? I'm sorry but there's a difference between optimism and reality folks. These forums are reaching a completely new level of denial.
    I'm not saying we'll flip a switch, but here lately, we've been competing pretty well against playoff bound teams. We've been in striking distance during most games, and just choke it away. All this is happening without Marquis Daniels, if he's not done for the season, and actually getting healing/getting healthy, then his impact could make a difference for this teams on both sides of the floor come playoff time

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

I'm sorry I don't mean to be so rude and negative but if we end up putting ourselves out of playoff contention and without a draft pick it will just put the exlamation point to an already disappointing season. I think a draft pick would be a better consolation prize than making the playoffs and getting bounced in the first round.