Thread: OH HAPPY DAY!!!!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default OH HAPPY DAY!!!!

Jaworski replacing Theismann in MNF booth
    ESPN.com

There will be a quarterback change in the Monday Night Football broadcast booth for the 2007 season.

Ron Jaworski will join Mike Tirico and Tony Kornheiser on the ESPN telecast. Jaworski replaces Joe Theismann, who has been offered a prominent football analyst job with the network.

Michele Tafoya and Suzy Kolber will continue as sideline reporters.

"This new lineup will enhance our presentation of Monday Night Football, our most important property," Norby Williamson, executive vice president, studio and remote production, said in a statement. "Ron has covered the NFL from many different perspectives, and he is totally tied into the issues and trends from around the league.

"We appreciate the work Joe has done for 19 years and continue to talk with him about another high-profile football role with ESPN."

Jaworski, who played 17 years in the NFL, most notably as quarterback of the Eagles, joined ESPN in 1990. He has been a prominent NFL analyst for the network and his studio duties will now be spread among ESPN's other NFL analysts, including newcomers Emmitt Smith and Bill Parcells.

Theismann, a storied quarterback in Redskins history, was the NFL's MVP in 1983 and led Washington to victory in Super Bowl XVII.

Last season, ESPN's coverage of Monday Night Football was the most-watched series in the history of cable television and the only NFL series nominated for a 2007 Sports Emmy in the Outstanding Live Sports Series category.

Nine of the top 10 on the list of cable television's biggest household audiences ever came from ESPN's coverage of Monday Night Football in 2006, including the Giants-Cowboys game on Oct. 23, 2006, which ranks No. 1 all-time with a 12.8 rating.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print...834&type=story

MNF will be actually be bareable to listen!!! I seriously think Joe T. is the smartest dumb person about football I've ever heard.

Obviously he has to know a lot about football, considering his career, but he would make four or five of the stupidest comments. I'm so glad he's gone. Hopefully Dan Patrick will stop having him on his show as well.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: OH HAPPY DAY!!!!

all they need to do now is AX Tony Kornheiser I cant stand that guy
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Yeah they need to axe tony k and let chris behrman takeover that position. Monday Night Football would be fantastically entertaining and well commentated in my opinion .

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Awesome. I loved the game last year when Jaws, Dick Vermeil, and Brad Nessler did the second opening-night MNF game. Those guys called a great game.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Thumbs up Re: OH HAPPY DAY!!!!

Wow nice improvement !

Why Not Us ?

woman without a team

I was going to take my life into my hands and say that I don't mind either one of them, but then I remembered I don't think I ever watched a MNF game this year (unless the Colts were playing) so that's probably why they don't bother me.

However, I can barely stand Jaws when he's on PTI for a good five minutes so I really doubt I'd be able to tolerate him doing an entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was going to take my life into my hands and say that I don't mind either one of them, but then I remembered I don't think I ever watched a MNF game this year (unless the Colts were playing) so that's probably why they don't bother me.

However, I can barely stand Jaws when he's on PTI for a good five minutes so I really doubt I'd be able to tolerate him doing an entire game.
    If you can't stand Jaws, you DEFINITELY couldn't stand Theismann. I usually muted MNF every week because it was so bad.

I can put up with Tony Kornheiser, but I really wish they would replace him too. I wouldn't mind Chris Berman on there. He adds a lot of entertainment to it. Yes he does get old, but I still like the way he does things just because it's different then everyone else.

Not to mention he has a nick name for every single player and team in the league.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you can't stand Jaws, you DEFINITELY couldn't stand Theismann. I usually muted MNF every week because it was so bad.
    I liked Joe just fine. As far as I'm concerned MNF hasn't been worth since Alex Karras left.

I thought Tony K had already said he wasn't coming back next season? Or was it talking about he wouldn't re-up when his contract was ended (whenever that is)?

I know it was one of the two. He was talking about how the travel and grind got to him. IIRC it wasn't the game itself or anything during the games, just the time and travel it took leading up to each game.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

woman without a team

If he'd fly instead of taking a bus everywhere it wouldn't be so bad.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

JAWS? Ugh...I really can't stand Jaws. I just hate the way he talks...hopefully I'll be able to watch MNF.

Personally, I liked it how it was two years ago. Al and John on MNF, and then the SNF crew was great. I miss Mike Patrick.

--pizza
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake