Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official Forum Party Postgame Thread

Default Official Forum Party Postgame Thread

No, it's still going on. I left early, for reasons I'll get into later.

Let's see, there was:

Jose
    Scott H
    Able
    Peck
    Uncle Buck
    Naptown Seth
    Mrs. RWB
    RWB
    Hicks (and yes, we all decreed that's his real name)
    Roaming Gnome
    Doug
    Me

and showing up at Perkins before I left:

Shade
    Magic Rat
    Brichard
    Crichard (Who won the newbie of the year award, not to mention the totality of all the newbie cash and prizes. Lucky dog.)

The big news, which'll make the Northside Bias'ers happy, is Briggsby's is moving to a smaller location, so we're probably going to be looking for a new location.

Anyway, can't say there was much in the way of news. Buck demanded Rick be fired, Peck admited his secret love of JO, Hicks would rather be a perpetually horrible team than a perpetually decent team. You know, the usual (and no, that all happened.)

Really, the only controversy was my refusal to drink the Kool Aid on the Danny Granger lovefest. People started getting that David Harrison psycho look, and I got a little scared. Hell, people didn't bat an eyelash at me calling Jermaine a ****ing ***** at the last forum party, but oh, no, can't question Danny's effort. Gnome pointed at me, then the parking lot, and gave me a slashing throat gesture, so I high tailed it out of there, giving a lame excuse that the pizza must not of sat well with me. Whew.

And yes, Hicks took video of exciting things like Shade eating. I'm sure you'll all be on pins and needles waiting for that one.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Default Re: Official Forum Party Postgame Thread

There was a party??
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hell, people didn't bat an eyelash at me calling Jermaine a ****ing ***** at the last forum party

I did!

You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

I left early I think for the same reason Kegboy left early. All of a sudden I started feeling very sick, so I had to leave and I hate to leave early. I still feel sick to my stomach "but nothing has happened yet" but we'll see.

Fun party as always. Jose said something that caused a severe reaction, but I can't remember what he said.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

did the food make you guys sick ?
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    did the food make you guys sick ?
    I don't know. If no one else gets sick, then probably not. I don't feel that bad, I've had food poisoning before and I don't think this is it, but I certainly did not want to "get sick" at Perkins so I left.

I left just when we started talking about Baseo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I left early I think for the same reason Kegboy left early.
    Gnome threatened you too, huh?

It took a while for me, but not too bad. I've had food poisoning too, and it's certainly not like that.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    Anyway, can't say there was much in the way of news. Buck demanded Rick be fired, Peck admited his secret love of JO, Hicks would rather be a perpetually horrible team than a perpetually decent team.
    If any of this is true I hope it is on tape. Damned family time getting in the way of all my fun. Theres one after the draft usually correct? I will hopefully be able to make that one.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You ain't seen the last of me....Kegboy!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

We have to find a new location, it looks like. Perkins cannot accomodate us on weekend nights.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I commented in the Stickied thread.

btw Abel...if ya wanna contact me about a certain matter while in town

317-287-4811

(guys please...do not abuse or share this info)
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sh4d3 View Post
    We have to find a new location, it looks like. Perkins cannot accomodate us on weekend nights.
    There's a huge Pizza King in Avon with (as I recall) a separated area we might be able to get.

Someone currently in Avon might be able to confirm that, or I could do so next time I'm up.

House goes on the market in 3 weeks ... home is looking closer.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

I was only around for a few questions, but here is what I recall:

David Harrison- Not lots of love here for various reasons. I think the word that described most reactions was "disappointing."

Granger- Most people, except for the lighting rod of hate from Kegboy , liked Granger. There are some concerns that at times he has lapses, but most feel like he certainly has the skills to play the game.

Armstrong- Again, by and large folks liked him b/c of his contagious enthusiasm. With his age everybody acknowledges he will only be here for awhile anyway. Some worry that we often pay as much for his aggressiveness in blown coverage as much as we benefit from it in steals. B/c he is known as a hustle player, not many were enamored with having him as our next coach. Oh, and able thinks he is cute like a bunny.

Tinsley- This was much closer than I thought it would be. Clearly Jamaal still has a contingent of die hard fans, people who can't stand him, and the others who will "give him one more year with a new coach."

That is about all I had time to stay for. It was good to see everybody again and I hope to see some of you at the game today.

Cheers,
    brichard
    “Seventy percent of me talking on the court is personally for me to get me
    motivated and going. Thirty percent is to see if I can get into the opponent’s head.”
    Reggie Miller

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    There's a huge Pizza King in Avon with (as I recall) a separated area we might be able to get.

Someone currently in Avon might be able to confirm that, or I could do so next time I'm up.

House goes on the market in 3 weeks ... home is looking closer.
    Since I'm in the Avon/Plainfield area I'll check that out. That is kind of a bummer about Briggsy's Pizza King, they did a super job of accomidating us.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

I was the only one with a camera, and I got some pics and videos. I need to reacquire a method of converting the vids to divx before I can post those, and I need to sort the pics a little bit, but until then:

I was waiting for that picture to surface. LOL!
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

As I posted in the original party post, I could have made it, if I left some company early. I probably should have attended, regardless. Sure hope to make the next one.

Actually, the people I was with thought that it was a crazy idea to attend a party with strangers with the only common denominator being the Pacers. Especially not knowing any of the other attendees. They thought it was kind of dangerous which actually never crossed my mind.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

We discussed Granger at length of course and a point I made (something I bring up often) was on his AWARENESS. Seems I'm not alone by any stretch in thinking there are some issues with that, even though I think most of us feel good about what level of player he can become.

Anyway, here's what we get from Wells on the matter:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wells
    Danny Granger had barely made it to the bench in the second half of Friday's game against the Miami Heat when Jermaine O'Neal was waiting for him.

O'Neal didn't hesitate to give the second-year forward an earful about his defensive lapse moments earlier.

"I had to yell at him for the situation," O'Neal said. "As a young player you have lapses a little bit. He's out there kind of roaming in no man's land sometimes. I wouldn't be hard on him if I didn't think he was capable of accepting the challenge."
    Identical to what I've been critical of and the same reason as well. This has been going on all year and I just don't get it. I think most of us agreed that he seems like a smart kid, did well in college apparently in a challenging field, and so on and this issue has caught us by surprise.

BTW, Peck questioned some of us about whether the team took a hit on talent with the GS trade, and even suggested that Dunleavy is a BETTER passer than Jackson. I mentioned the assist numbers but wasn't 100% what they were. WITH INDY (not GS numbers) Jack played 2-3 less minutes and was 3.1 apg to Dun's 2.5 so far.

His defense was "Dun doesn't get assists because he makes the pass that sets up the pass, and even then it might not lead to an assists". Now I find that a spurious defense at best and clearly subjective to say that somehow night after night one player is making all these passes that help but never result in direct made baskets while the other guy apparently could make passes for baskets but wasn't making the extra pass.

Anyway to look at from a team view instead just in case his passing is helping in some secret way that doesn't show up in the stats after 2 months of games. Here are the team FG%, then their assists, makes and assist PCT of makes.

DEC 44.2, 20.8 per 34.4 (60.5%)

JAN 44.5, 19.1 per 35.5 (54.0%)

FEB 43.4, 22.4 per 38.4 (58.3%)
    MAR 43.2, 18.3 per 33.3 (55.0%)

So even the soft schedule of FEB had the team shooting worse and assisting at a lower rate than prior to the trade (the months are broken by pre-trade, trade mid-month and then the 2 after the trade, one a soft FEB and the other the tough March run).

January might have plenty to do with some of the trade confusion, but still the FG% was running decent.

I don't view this method as better than individual assists myself, but I was just looking for another way to discuss this very vague "he makes the offense better with his passing" despite the individual assist numbers.

This was NOT, I repeat NOT, a debate about keeping Jackson. We all agreed that was fine (yes, me too).

We were discussing Abel and I (and some others) talking about taking talent hits to fix the PR/chemistry situation only. Abel and I both are ready to hold off and "fixing" the Tinsley problem just because enough is enough on talent hits for right now. You only have so much talent you can bleed off at one time before you have to sit and recover a little.

BTW, few people debated this, but the reason the offense and passing was debated was because the drop in defensive talent seems obvious.

In FEB they AVERAGED 104.3 PPG allowed! They had a stretch from FEB 3 to MAR 2nd where they gave up 100+ in 10 of 11 straight games (94-80 over LAC was the exception).

And even now they are seeing the PPGA drop mostly by just getting their butts whipped so bad that teams can back off. In the 6 games prior to the Miami game they had held teams under 100 5 of those, and 4 times at 90 or less. Of course they lost 4 of those 5 (and 3 of those 4) including the 76-86 HOU game and the 72-90 SA game.

This wasn't in debate very much (bad defense), I just wanted to expand on how frustratingly poor its gotten (and it wasn't all that great to start with).

end of stats

Honestly though most of the night was general agreement I thought. Everyone had different opinions about TPTB, Rick, JO and Tins (the main issues for the team I think) but even during those discussions you heard similar comments from people who ultimately didn't agree on how to solve the problems.

Most people beside me want Rick gone, but few think that will really solve much of anything as is. Most people think TPTB have made mistakes even if we aren't sure if it's Bird, DW, both, the Simons or whatever causing them. Few people (but some did) felt that this roster currently has enough talent to stand pat.

Peck and Kegboy I recall being concerned that if the team dies a blah death (killed in round 1, or no playoffs/no pick) that they still won't do something...or did you think they would Keg? I can't remember for sure.

Gnome surprised me by being hardline anti-Rick at this point. Didn't realize he was feeling that way up till now.

Anyway, general summary from me, everyone really gets along I think despite having sometimes strongly different views on the team. That's how I think you end up feeling like there wasn't as much disagreement. It's a lot different than online discussions.

Also, this party for me was funnier than the last one, at least once we hit Perkins. Kegboy had one line that I can't remember that was hilarious, Peck used the term D-bag (fill it in) when asking about a player, ie "Do you think he's just a D-bag"...there was just line after line when we first got going at Perkins that all got big laughs.

I wish we had that section on tape. By the time the camera did roll all the good stuff was used up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    I was the only one with a camera, and I got some pics and videos. I need to reacquire a method of converting the vids to divx before I can post those, and I need to sort the pics a little bit, but until then:

I'm sure that not everyone knows who this is.

That is the one and only Kegboy.

Here come the pics (give me a few minutes)

I could've attended last night but I was too dumb to put 2 and 2 together and notice that until it was too late and saw the Post Party thread and realized it had been on a Sat that I had off.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Banned

I'm sorry to have missed it.

Beer AND Pizza? Like I would have missed it. What was really shocking was when I walked in and immediately relayed the information that Saras isn't happy getting paid to be a third string point guard and might be happier elsewhere.

Yes, we can bring him home!

There was a RESOUNDING cheer from all in attendance!!

(Or am I remembering wrong...)
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Scott, I was surprised to not see you at Perkins.