Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Postgame thread Heat vs Pacers

Default Postgame thread Heat vs Pacers

Who saw that coming? Be honest now.

Couple of things I really liked.

Danny Granger might have played his best game of the season. He drove the ball again and again and he even posted up once. That was great to see.

Dunleavy was also very aggressive and DG and Mike were the keys to the win.

We also can't discount what Jeff Foster did tonight. He battled Shaq as hard as he could and did a pretty good job.

I think it is obvious that Jeff needs to be in the starting lineup, he needs to play with the starters. Not really sure why, but the lineup just seems better with Jeff in there instead of Murphy

That is about all I have.

Edit: I don't want to make too much of it, but the Pacers defense was really good tonight, in fact the past 4 games the Pacers defense has been pretty good. I think to at least some degree, I'm seeing much better defense from the pacers. More aggressive and much better at helping and controlling the ball

Default Re: Postgame thread Heat vs Pacers

yah, its like everyother game, DUNDUN will have a good game, then score like 8 or 7, but atleast he brings a lot of dimension on the team

finally Danger stepped up

this always happens, we go on a loosing streak, then we win by a blow out, if only they count by point system. lol
    [SIGPIC]Dun Dun shooting form![/SIGPIC]

This was a pretty sweet win. Something to build on.

Granger must have seen the poll before the game. Dunleavy was a huge catalyst for that massive first quarter. I would have loved to have seen the job Jeff and the team did on Shaq. Tinsley with 3 shots, 8 assists, and 3 steals (3 TO's). I normally want him taking a few more shots, but tonight, everybody else was stepping up.

JO, playing fierce after that Gumby-knee... screw the tank. Let's put a scare on someone.

finally! someone realizing we need to "NOT TANK" and friggin lets do the damn thing in the playoffs!
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

I only saw the 2nd half, Pacers games are shown so rarely here in Australia that I sometimes forget to check who is playing and get burnt. Turning it on with the pacers +20 was a nice way to wake up.

I agree with what UB said about Danny being aggresive. He needs to keep working on that, to refine that part of the game. He had a few turnovers coming off those moves in the 2nd half where he made a poor decision. If he keeps mixing it up he will get there.

The Heat commentators (i always seem to get the other teams feed) mentioned that the Heat have won just 5 of their last 35 games against the Pacers at Conseco.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hopefully Jamaal realizes he doesn't have to have a crazy game (from a statistic standpoint) for the Pacers to play well. If we can play like this on a somewhat consistent basis the rest of the way out, I have absolutely no problem with us making the playoffs. But the chances of that happening are slim to none...

Quote Originally Posted by HeartlandFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hopefully Jamaal realizes he doesn't have to have a crazy game (from a statistic standpoint) for the Pacers to play well. If we can play like this on a somewhat consistent basis the rest of the way out, I have absolutely no problem with us making the playoffs. But the chances of that happening are slim to none...

And by the same token, if Granger and Dunleavy can play like this the rest of the way Tinsley won't have to force his offense.

The win is nice but that just puts us one step closer to finishing with the 11-14 worse record. Our schedule, at lest the rest of this month, will end up putting us too far behind. It seems like the Pacers are going to end up screwing themselves again by losing the draft pick and not making the playoffs. The only positive I take from this game was that our young players got some playing time. I hope this continues because if we miss the playoffs and lose the draft pick that will be our only positive for the year.

I only caught the first quarter. If Dunleavy was doing so well in the first quarter what happened to him in the rest of the game? Did he not play? Did he lose intensity? Was he triple teamed? I would have like to see him score 30 points with that start.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    We also can't discount what Jeff Foster did tonight. He battled Shaq as hard as he could and did a pretty good job.

I think it is obvious that Jeff needs to be in the starting lineup, he needs to play with the starters. Not really sure why, but the lineup just seems better with Jeff in there instead of Murphy
    Oh, come on now 'Buck.

Jeff never hustles, he can't play a lick of low-post defense and his offensive rebounds don't count for anything because he can't score off of them. An, he can't inspire better performance out of his teammates and he couldn't lead a horse to water. He's so injury prone, I'm surprised he didn't hurt himself bouncing off of Shaq.

I mean, jeesh... if we can't trade him we should just cut him loose.

Gee wiz. I mean if you can't take my word for, just go ask what's-his-name.

Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    Oh, come on now 'Buck.

Jeff never hustles, he can't play a lick of low-post defense and his offensive rebounds don't count for anything because he can't score off of them. An, he can't inspire better performance out of his teammates and he couldn't lead a horse to water. He's so injury prone, I'm surprised he didn't hurt himself bouncing off of Shaq.

I enjoyed reading that, really enjoyed it

Nice to see us get a win! But it is going to take a whole lot more for us to get excited again, every time we do, we get disappointed. Really good to see Granger step-up, he needs to be aggressive every game!

Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    Oh, come on now 'Buck.

Agreed, even if you are joking. Jeff is great on the rebounding, but that is about it, and I grow tired of always seeing him complain about foul calls against him. He is gone this Summer.

I guess the tank is....off?

Quote Originally Posted by PacerFreak31 View Post
    The win is nice but that just puts us one step closer to finishing with the 11-14 worse record. Our schedule, at lest the rest of this month, will end up putting us too far behind. It seems like the Pacers are going to end up screwing themselves again by losing the draft pick and not making the playoffs. The only positive I take from this game was that our young players got some playing time. I hope this continues because if we miss the playoffs and lose the draft pick that will be our only positive for the year.

Its funny how people predict how we will finish out the season, **** its the NBA just as easy that we went on a 11 game losing streak we could get hot i still root for this team to make the playoffs, the pick it doesnt matter if they get it this year or next they are going to get either way. I just hope they continue to play hard because thats all i want just play hard. If we make the playoffs then its a whole new season. You just never know.

HOLY ****! HAHAHAHHA...that's great:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=270323011

I think the Top Performers feature tells the whole story...

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

I didn't get to see this game but something I wanted to comment on. There was someone on here that mentioned Rick must have some sort of a rule that only the point guard can bring the ball up the floor. I had paid attention to it and realized, yeah you could definately make a case for it. The game before this though I seen a couple different players bring the ball up the floor and I was like...did Shawne Williams just bring the ball up the floor? Did dun just bring the ball up the floor? What the hell is rick up to?

I came home turned on the score expecting to see about a 10-15 point loss to the heat, I'd give the heat more credit but wade was out and we usually give them fits anyways. I was really surprised to find out how badly we beat them.

It's pretty bad I want the team to get a higher draft pick instead of being in the playoffs. I've told my friends who will watch the games with me as much but they catch me from time to time during the games getting frustrated with Jamaal turning the ball over, Danny not being able to buy a bucket, our defense breaking down, or conversely cheering when our team actually does something good which recently has come few and far between. They catch me and ask me "hey we thought you wanted them to lose why are you disappointed when they do bad, and cheer when they do good?". Its just been such a habit over the years to cheer for them I can't bring myself to cheer against them while watching them even if I do think it could end up helping them. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I don't want them to lose and out of the playoffs but if it ends up happening and we end up getting a draft pick. Worst case scenario no draft pick and no playoffs if we're going to make a run at this thing we better get our asses into gear and commit.

Quote Originally Posted by odeez View Post
    Agreed, even if you are joking. Jeff is great on the rebounding, but that is about it, and I grow tired of always seeing him complain about foul calls against him. He is gone this Summer.
    I sometimes get frustrated with Foster, but then always remember that he does a lot of other things that others don't, and never seems to seek the limelight. Also, he's not barhopping at 2 AM, doesn't throw the ball into the stands and usually doesn't jeopardize his team's probability of winning by getting ejected, etc. So I hope he stays. Also, I think Foster had a legit complaint on one of his fouls tonight. From my vantage point high up in Section 2, I thought Shaq should have been hit with an offensive foul after backing twice into what I perceived to be a stationary Foster, who was hit with the foul.

Good game by Granger tonight. Much more aggressive going to the basket. Hope it continues.

Wow! I had a good feeling that we had a chance to win tonight, but I'll admit I started off watching the Butler game, and when I turned to check on the Pacers we were up like 24-9 and I was like hmm... ahh they'll blow it.... next time I turned we were up like 27 and I was like Holy $%(* what's going on!! I realized that our scoring positions (Dun Dun & Danger) were actually scoring, and it was a sigh of relief to get a solid win over a playoff bound team. It'll be interesting to see what we do against the Bulls!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow, wish I hadn't been stuck at work tonight. I guess this will give us a little something positive to talk about tomorrow.

This was also a cool quote by Pat Riley:

"I can't believe they lost 12 out of 13 games the way they played tonight," he said. "Maybe they've gone through it and probably shook it off. They looked as good as anybody we've played in a long time."

Looks like we almost sold out. Shaq is still a big draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987 View Post
    hopefully it got some confidence back in the fans too, I hope we can win against NJ and Orlando next week, those will probably the biggest games for the month or for the rest of the season, to see if we make or don't make the playoffs

currently we are:

0 - 2 against New Jersey (2 games left against them)
    2 - 1 against Orlando (1 game lefts against them)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987 View Post
    Not even close.
    I was there.
    It was like a morgue except for when we got up 39-9. Otherwise everybody just kind of sat there dumbfounded.

All I can say is wow.
    If we play like that we can beat a lot of teams. However it should be noted that Miami's D was very bad to atrocius at times. In the first half we got any look we wanted. Granted we hit the shots for once, but still...

Also why on God's green earth doesn't Granger play this aggressively every game? He made Posey look like a damn fool any time he wanted to. He could get a step like it was nothing. Danny, you are a good basketball player, this team needs you to stop camping at the three point line like you are Steve Kerr and play your game. If Granger could bring that element every night it would be an absolutely HUGE boost for this team.

However I wouldn't get our hopes up. The Heat looked dead from the beginning and Fatoine basically shot all their hopes down the crapper in the second quarter. Still a win is a win, I guess.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Danny Granger might have played his best game of the season. He drove the ball again and again and he even posted up once. That was great to see.
    I agree and disagree. He scored the ball well which was nice. It's the 2nd time this year he's gone 9-15 vs MIA by the way, the other time was in MIA when he went for his season high of 28 in the game after the trade (before GS players arrived).

But he also showed what I mentioned in the game thread, a continued problem with awareness at either end. That's what is really holding him back right now. If you could put DunDun's brain in Danny's body, you'd have one heck of a player.

Note from the game thread that Dun was trying to get a foul to stop play when Tins was hurt and Danny wouldn't do it and instead played on like 4 v 5 was normal or something, resulting in Dun saying (heard on the game mic) "What the F Danny?"

Seriously, I like that game situation recognition from Dun. The team needs more of that and has all year. That's one of the areas that Jack hurt the team and Dun helps (for those misguided few who think I'm all "pro-Jackson").

To me Dunleavy and Tins won this game with their first quarter efforts. Dun attacked on offense, Tins moved the ball and even showed 3/4 court pressure as well as doubling down aggressively. Those 2 helped Foster deal with Shaq and then turned possessions into points at the other end during that monster first.

After that point you could see Miami slipping into autopilot.

I've ripped on Dun's game plenty so far and for some reason a few PD posters took that as some personal attack or insult, when in fact I was just giving my honest opinion of his game.

Tonight Dun made me smile all night long. The 3pt shot was a bonus because he's been hit and miss with that, but I'd like to think they can count on his 2pt shot, his offensive aggressiveness, his transition offense (so nice) and his awareness at both ends (even if he doesn't have the ability/agility to defend well) on a regular basis. Tonight they certainly could and it made things go a lot smoother.

If we saw that from Mike more often the team would be winning more games.

This game also felt like a game where they didn't HAVE to have JO which was a nice relief from the last month or so. They've got to give him this level of support more often.

Just like it got better when they moved him up for Danny after that early season loss @ Toronto (the end of the Jack from the bench experiment). To me Jeff is just the right balance for what else you put out there. Plenty of teams have a guy that is just a defensive guy or at least not really a scorer. Being able to hold off Shaq a little was nice, and then you see Ike come in and instantly get pushed aside with a Shaq elbow due to his height and you realize just how much more Jeff was giving the team.

I think another big thing with Jeff is that he's been with the team, Rick, JO and Tins and knows the system, knows not just his role but everyone's role. That helps things flow, just him going to the right spot and being able to make sure a guy like Danny, Dun or Troy are doing the right thing too.

BTW, part of Fosters "typical poor effort unless it doesn't matter" or whatever Smash was trying to pawn off as a legit analysis involved Jeff outrebounding Shaq head to head in the first quarter. I don't mean total rebounds, I mean they both went for a rebound and Jeff took it from him. Not bad for a guy that I heard stinks and needs to be dumped.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Goldfoot View Post
    And by the same token, if Granger and Dunleavy can play like this the rest of the way Tinsley won't have to force his offense.
    Agreed. It didn't look like a 2-man team tonight, Dun especially proved to be the guy to lean on early and guys like Tins and JO seemed comfortable doing just that.

Dont start throwing things at me but I honestly think Foster's offensive game looks much improved this season. Granted I dont get to watch too many Pacers games but in the ones I have watched I have been surprised several times by him hitting 8-10 foot jumpers, putting the ball on the floor and driving around his man, and even showing some flashy post moves once or twice.

Don't get me wrong I still think he is an offensive liability, Im just saying I am seeing some much-needed improvement lately.