Thread: Scottie Pippen....wow, talk about an easy mark.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Scottie Pippen....wow, talk about an easy mark.

http://www.truehoop.com/basketball-h...ns-wallet.html

This is too funny...

http://www.truehoop.com/basketball-h...ns-wallet.html

Andrew Lawrence of Sports Illustrated (who tells me that, along with Jon Wertheim, he's wrapping up a cover story about jock culture and how some big-time college sports programs are shaping up with a renewed focus on things like, believe it or not, education) e-mails:

News of his imminent financial demise hardly surprise. Rather, it calls to mind the absolute coolest Jordan story I'd ever been told -- courtesy of the AP's Jim Litke, the George Washington on my sports journalism Mt. Rushmore. That said, I take everything Jim says as gospel, this story especially. It starts with Jordan shooting around at practice at old Chicago Stadium when he looks up and notices the m&m race on the jumbotron. Curious, he asks one of the Bulls' staffers what's up and learns what he is seeing is actually a dry run-through of the night's in-game entertainment, in which the jumbotron and m&m race factor prominently. (I'm pretty sure this was before shooting t-shirts out of an air cannon captivated a nation.) Naturally, MJ wanted to know if the winner of the race was predetermined. Of course the 8-bit graphics betrayed the answer: a resounding "yes". So later that night, Phil calls a time out and Jordan & co. repair to the bench. As he's sitting down, he looks up at the jumbotron to see the m&m race about to start. So he nudges Scottie.

MJ: "Bet you 5 grand yellow takes this."
    Pip: "Bet."

I'm told this went on for years before Scottie ever got wise...

2013 Pacers Digest NBA 2K13 Champion (Xbox 360)

Default Re: Scottie Pippen....wow, talk about an easy mark.

WOW...too funny

Default Re: Scottie Pippen....wow, talk about an easy mark.

and pathetic