Thread: Eagles sign ex-Colts DT Reagor

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Eagles sign ex-Colts DT Reagor

PHILADELPHIA (March 21, 2007) -- Defensive tackle Montae Reagor signed a three-year contract with the Philadelphia Eagles.

Reagor spent the last four years with the Indianapolis Colts. He started the first five games last season before suffering season-ending facial injuries in a car accident that occurred en route to the team's game against the Washington Redskins on Oct. 22. He was released by the Colts earlier this month.

In the 2004 and 2005 season, Reagor recorded a combined 10 1/2 sacks, fourth in the league among defensive tackles for that period.
    Drafted by Denver in the second round in 1999, Reagor spent his first four seasons as a backup with the Broncos before signing with the Colts in 2003.

[NFL]
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Default Re: Eagles sign ex-Colts DT Reagor

Not a bad depth signing for the Eagles.

The Eagles traded for Takeo Spikes today. They have some good depth on their defense and a lot of playmakers at every position. If Donovan McNabb gets healthy before the season starts, they could be a pretty dominant force in the NFC.

Mood

yeah but i dont see any NFC team having a shot at beating any of the top teams in the AFC. The AFC is just too strong. Next year's super bowl winner will again be an AFC team I think.
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yeah but i dont see any NFC team having a shot at beating any of the top teams in the AFC. The AFC is just too strong. Next year's super bowl winner will again be an AFC team I think.
    I can easily agree with that. There are probably going to be 3-4 AFC teams better then the best NFC team.

Banned

Yeah especially with the Chargers, Pats, and with a decent draft the Colts improving. As well as possibly the Ravens improving. The AFC is going to be alot tougher.

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    I can easily agree with that. There are probably going to be 3-4 AFC teams better then the best NFC team.
    Most likely. Dallas probably has the talent to be up there but they're dysfunctional and are getting a coach who's never done anything in the playoffs.

I'll be curious to see what mid-level AFC team from last year jumps into contention. Probably Tennessee but maybe Buffalo too.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    Most likely. Dallas probably has the talent to be up there but they're dysfunctional and are getting a coach who's never done anything in the playoffs.

I'll be curious to see what mid-level AFC team from last year jumps into contention. Probably Tennessee but maybe Buffalo too.
    Dallas will not be better than Philly. I dont see how because with getting McNabb healthy the Eagles become a much better team instantly. Garcia played well because he wasn't asked to do everything like McNabb was. If Westbrook runs the ball like he did at the end of the season and McNabb passes it like he did at the beginning the Eagles will be on top of the league in offense.

The addition of Spikes and Reagor(dont know much about him but adds depth along the d-line atleast) will make the defense much better. Last year our OLB positions hurt us. Spikes will clearly make us better and our run defense should be much better than last years. Im really looking forward to see who we draft and the upcoming season. I think we could be on top of the NFC and i think we could challenge the AFC but im not 100% on that.

Quote Originally Posted by JO4MVP2006 View Post
    Dallas will not be better than Philly. I dont see how because with getting McNabb healthy the Eagles become a much better team instantly. Garcia played well because he wasn't asked to do everything like McNabb was. If Westbrook runs the ball like he did at the end of the season and McNabb passes it like he did at the beginning the Eagles will be on top of the league in offense.

The addition of Spikes and Reagor(dont know much about him but adds depth along the d-line atleast) will make the defense much better. Last year our OLB positions hurt us. Spikes will clearly make us better and our run defense should be much better than last years. Im really looking forward to see who we draft and the upcoming season. I think we could be on top of the NFC and i think we could challenge the AFC but im not 100% on that.
    The biggest question mark for the Eagles is McNabb. If he does make it back by week 1, he will have extremely limited mobility. They lost a few WRs to FA but they also added Kevin Curtis, the fastest white guy in the league who has great hands. I think he's going to be great for the Eagles this year assuming McNabb and him get some chemistry going on the deep balls.

Yes McNabb had a bad injury, but it was exactly what Carson Palmer had. Palmer got hurt in January, McNabb got hurt in November. I think McNabb will be more than ready by the time the season rolls around. Losing Stallworth hurts, but gaining Curtis should pretty much balance it out. Reggie Brown was our #1 receiver last season and he will be this year too. Hes pretty underrated in my eyes. I agree that McNabb being healthy or not is the biggest question mark but i dont see why he wouldnt considering he is ahead of schedule in his rehab.

Quote Originally Posted by JO4MVP2006 View Post
    Dallas will not be better than Philly.
    I didn't say Dallas would be better than Philly. Dallas does have the most talent of any NFC team. They'll probably also have a hard time even making the playoffs because they're so screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    I didn't say Dallas would be better than Philly. Dallas does have the most talent of any NFC team. They'll probably also have a hard time even making the playoffs because they're so screwed up.
    Ok i see what your saying. Dallas is extremely talented but they have(in the words of Skip Bayless) Team Oblitorator(no idea if thats even a real word or thats how its spelled) on your sideline, its not going to be normal and i found that out the hard way.

Banned

Dallas isn't going to be that good, by the end of the Year the gimmick that was Romo had been exposed defenses know him and his game. Its not a coincidence that his stats trended downward the more film team defenses got on him.

Quote Originally Posted by IMissReggie View Post
    Dallas isn't going to be that good, by the end of the Year the gimmick that was Romo had been exposed defenses know him and his game. Its not a coincidence that his stats trended downward the more film team defenses got on him.
    No - it's absolutely no coincidence. Defenses respond to players once they have film of him. Happens in every sport.

And players respond to defenses once they've changed. The good ones adapt and are successful. The poor ones can't and aren't. There's no way of telling which one Romo is until about 6-8 games into the season.