Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32

Thread: Kings looking for mentor for Ron Artest

  1. #1

    Default Kings looking for mentor for Ron Artest

    http://www.sacbee.com/351/story/141555.html


    the team is now considering hiring a mentor for Ron Artest who would travel with the team and also be in frequent communication with the league regarding any potential issues.


    hmmm....


    anyone want to step up and fill that role?


    maybe Big Bird:




    or what's Peewee Herman up to these days:






    Sammy Terry could also use the work:


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,317

    Default Re: Kings looking for mentor for Ron Artest

    Quote Originally Posted by pacertom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Sammy Terry could also use the work:

    But I understand George the Spider is doing well after buying shares of Yahoo while Sammy was a believer in Enron.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  3. #3
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,268

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kings looking for mentor for Ron Artest

    Sammy has to be over 90 years old by now.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Kings looking for mentor for Ron Artest

    Quote Originally Posted by Sh4d3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sammy has to be over 90 years old by now.


    Well, he's immortal so who's counting?

  5. #5
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: Kings looking for mentor for Ron Artest

    So, that's just a nice way of saying a babysitter.

    I'd do it for a couple million.

  6. #6
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,609

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kings looking for mentor for Ron Artest

    WTF?

    So you're telling me that Artest needs a Big Brother to follow him around to make sure that he doesn't do anything stupid?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: Kings looking for mentor for Ron Artest

    Well, since Freddie Blassie and Lou Albano are both dead I think they're out of luck.

    I figure anyone who could handle George "the animal" Steele MIGHT have a shot at controlling Artest. Not sure about that though.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  8. #8
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,928

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kings looking for mentor for Ron Artest

    Isn't Ron a little old for the whole player with a mentor bit? Isn't that normally reserved for young big men with gobs of potential? Ron Artest is on the downside of his career. This would be a horrible investment by the Kings.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  9. #9
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,609

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kings looking for mentor for Ron Artest

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, since Freddie Blassie and Lou Albano are both dead I think they're out of luck.

    I figure anyone who could handle George "the animal" Steele MIGHT have a shot at controlling Artest. Not sure about that though.
    DisplacedKnick going old-school WWF on us.

    Of all the likely handlers that you pull from the good old WWF days....I can't believe that you missed the obvious babysitter that would befit a "Tru Warier" like Artest......."The Ultimate Warrior".
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: Kings looking for mentor for Ron Artest

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    DisplacedKnick going old-school WWF on us.

    Of all the likely handlers that you pull from the good old WWF days....I can't believe that you missed the obvious babysitter that would befit a "Tru Warier" like Artest......."The Ultimate Warrior".
    Yeah - they'd calm each other down.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  11. #11

    Default Re: Kings looking for mentor for Ron Artest

    What's this guy up to these days?



    A mentor (or babysitter) isn't going to stop Ron Artest from doing stupid things. It's just going to cause more "migraines."

  12. #12
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,823

    Default Re: Kings looking for mentor for Ron Artest

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, since Freddie Blassie and Lou Albano are both dead I think they're out of luck.

    I figure anyone who could handle George "the animal" Steele MIGHT have a shot at controlling Artest. Not sure about that though.

    I think it would take someone of superior intellect to control Ron-Ron, so I'm going with Bobby The Brain Heenan. Or Vizzini........
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: Kings looking for mentor for Ron Artest

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it would take someone of superior intellect to control Ron-Ron, so I'm going with Bobby The Brain Heenan. Or Vizzini........
    Inconceivable!
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  14. #14
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,823

    Default Re: Kings looking for mentor for Ron Artest

    Joe Maloof: We'll never succeed. We may as well die here.
    Gavin Maloof: No, no. We have already succeeded. I mean, what are the three terrors of Ron Artest? One, the malnourished dogs- no problem. Placer County took them away; we can avoid that. Two, the trade request, which the Pacers were clever enough to discover what that looks like, so in the future we can avoid that too.
    Joe Maloof: Gavin, what about time off to promote his rap career?
    Gavin Maloof: Rap career? I don't think it exists.......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  15. #15
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: Kings looking for mentor for Ron Artest

    I'll volunteer

  16. #16
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: Kings looking for mentor for Ron Artest

    I actually know a trial consultant in the Bay Area who would do a great job with Ron Artest. I mean I honestly believe that she could turn him around quite well.

    It would probably cost about $100,000 or more, but she could do it.

    The issue with him is that he seems to have a problem applying the lessons he's learned about the past to future "new" situations.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

    “If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

  17. #17
    Boom Baby'er ABADays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Coliseum
    Posts
    6,248

    Default Re: Kings looking for mentor for Ron Artest

    To say he needs this at all or even consider it just speaks volumes about this guy. What's next? ASPCA escorts? Why are guys like this so blessed?
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

  18. #18
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,629

    Default Re: Kings looking for mentor for Ron Artest

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Joe Maloof: We'll never succeed. We may as well die here.
    Gavin Maloof: No, no. We have already succeeded. I mean, what are the three terrors of Ron Artest? One, the malnourished dogs- no problem. Placer County took them away; we can avoid that. Two, the trade request, which the Pacers were clever enough to discover what that looks like, so in the future we can avoid that too.
    Joe Maloof: Gavin, what about time off to promote his rap career?
    Gavin Maloof: Rap career? I don't think it exists.......
    Well done.

    Is that a rap career of unusual size? R.C.O.U.S's?
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kings looking for mentor for Ron Artest

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll volunteer
    Me too.

    But I have to tell you, I think that Pavlovian conditioning is the only way to go. The best way to accomplish that is to surgically implant a few electrodes throughout tender areas of his body, and zap the crap out of him every time he does something that's unacceptable.

    And if I was in control of the button, even if he didn't commit an offense, I'd have to test the switch every few minutes just to make certain it still worked.

    If nothing else, Mr. Artest would quickly learn that paybacks are hell.

  20. #20
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,237

    Default Re: Kings looking for mentor for Ron Artest

    Dr. Phil, where are you?

  21. #21
    Member Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,038

    Default Re: Kings looking for mentor for Ron Artest

    Reggie Mill....errr,...ehhh...hmmm....been there done that.
    LoneGranger33 said
    Agreed. As the members of Guns and Roses once said, "every rose has its thorn".

  22. #22
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: Kings looking for mentor for Ron Artest

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dr. Phil, where are you?
    The person I was talking about above was Dr. Phil's #2 for many years when he (Dr. Phil) was a trial consultant.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

    “If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

  23. #23
    Nerd.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,062
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kings looking for mentor for Ron Artest

    Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I actually know a trial consultant in the Bay Area who would do a great job with Ron Artest. I mean I honestly believe that she could turn him around quite well.

    It would probably cost about $100,000 or more, but she could do it.

    The issue with him is that he seems to have a problem applying the lessons he's learned about the past to future "new" situations.
    Part of the learning process is how to apply what you learned from the past to new situations...

    Ron Artest is not learning anything. He just is. And he will always will be. He will not learn anything. He will not apply anything.

    Sometimes, I wish guys like him would just go away.

  24. #24
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,823

    Default Re: Kings looking for mentor for Ron Artest

    Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ron Artest is not learning anything. He just is. And he will always will be.
    Reminds me of one of my favorite Ron quote:

    I just do me. I play ball. I rap, and I try to make songs for the club. I have a family, so if you hear me about being in the club getting it popping, that's not true. I'm married with four children. I don't care what people think about me. I'm in the hood every summer. I'm like the king of the hood. Nobody does it how I do it. That's pretty much it man. I'm a regular dude. I don't really try to wild out. They be calling me "thug this, thug that" but you can't blame me. I grew up around gangstas and killers. You can't blame me for who I grew up around. - Ron Artest
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  25. #25
    Member Harddrive7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,176

    Default Re: Kings looking for mentor for Ron Artest

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll volunteer

    Whatever UB, If he were somehow able to get you floor seats for every Pacer game for the rest of your life. All you would have to do is tell the Kings whatever he wants you to tell them. Turn the other way.

    It would be all over.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •