Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sir Jermaine of the Elastic Knees

Default Sir Jermaine of the Elastic Knees

Anybody else think "season over" when Jermaine's knee bent backwards like that? Hopefully somebody tivo'd the game, because TNT didn't really dwell on it.

It was the same thing as what happened in Detroit several years ago... Jermaine went up, got hit in mid-air, and came down wrong on the knee and it bent the wrong way.

He played on it, because it looked like we could still get the win, but that's going to come back and haunt us this year, I guarantee.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Sir Jermaine of the Elastic Knees

I hope it just looked bad, let's pray for JO here.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

might as well bag it for the year - everyone knows we aren't winning the championship this year...even our own team

Is this is the official post game thread

Reggie really got at Jamaal during the halftime show. Hit the nail on the head, though. That fake-pass and brick on a 3 on 1 fast break was ridiculous, and the steal against Yao followed by the behind the back pass to the sidelines was forced, too. And then there was the play where he and Jermaine switched places and Tinsley shot a turnaround airball. But he shot very well overall and without him tonight the Pacers lose by a lot more.

The thing is, as frustrating as it is to watch him, DA seems to consistently look much worse running the point. Who the heck has a 3 on 1 fast break and shoots a brick (Tinsley and DA), and then gets lucky enough to get the rebound and AGAIN forces up a brick of a jumper, with 2 of his teammates right under the basket for an easy layup? Darrell Armstrong.

Anyway, the team is not very good; no surprise there. Dunleavy and Murphy are almost counterproductive on the court. No offense and terrible defense.

And yes the play where JO's knee bent backwards had me thinking "he's done."

I wouldn't be surprised if he is out for the rest of the season, though. His knee will swell up for sure.

The whole night was about Tinsley. Doug Collins talked a lot about him, Reggie talked a lot about him and JT had a very impactful game. It was facinating to just take it all in.

I've enjoyed watching Ike the past few games. He has improved quite a bit in learning the team things.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And yes the play where JO's knee bent backwards had me thinking "he's done."

I wouldn't be surprised if he is out for the rest of the season, though. His knee will swell up for sure.

That looked awful. At the end of the game the TNT broadcast team mentioned that people within the team said O'Neal's knee is "bone on bone" (like Bender).

Honestly, I could see this coming sooner or later. There's too much pressure on Jermaine, and every year he hits a point where there's too much pressure on him to perform and a "freak" incident occurs. It never happens when we're playing well (the only year it did was when we were losing to Detroit in the playoffs). It's too bad, and I hope he'll be okay.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I really wouldn't mind having him just shut it down the rest of the way. Let Ike get PT and then we can head into an interesting offseason.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

BTW, what an awful game to watch for fans of both teams. The Pacers, as usual, quit playing motion offense in the 4th quarter and went ice cold.

How many f*ing times does it have to happen before we realize it's a problem? I'm completely tired of seeing opponents hit rhythm on offense because they don't have to use any effort on defense.

Danny Granger needs to get his head checked.

Dunleavy needs to snap out of it, early.

yea I saw it on TNT, seemed pretty messedup, one of the mistakes I saw was when Dunleavy came to help Granger on McGrady and let Juwan Howard open, this happened not once but twice...

and another thing was Granger camping out too much on the three point line, i think he learned too much from Al Harrington

Old News and still counting when it will be fixed

surprise surprise, JO got hurt again you say? Wow, how terrible of an investment was he, what a Sally, I would settle for a 6 pack of bud light for him right now bc I'd be embarrassed to ask for budweiser.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Is this is the official post season thread
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    The whole night was about Tinsley. Doug Collins talked a lot about him, Reggie talked a lot about him and JT had a very impactful game. It was facinating to just take it all in.
    Offensively, Tinsley played a great game, albeit against another pathetic defender. The shots weren't jacked from 26 feet, and to be honest, the game got away while Tinsley wasn't pushing the offense in the beginning of the fourth quarter. It was too much O'Neal, too little Tinsley and way, way too much of everyone else doing nil.

But defensively, when he was challenged, it was more of the same from Jamaal, complete with a rebuttal to getting beat that included a bad turnover.

That's ouchie.....
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

oh boy...thats tough to look at...I donno what the deal is...is JO's knee bone on bone? or was that just another bad TNT analyst joke?
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    That's ouchie.....
    Good God.....that looks horrible. I know that JONeal won't quit....but he has sat out games with far less injuries.

When am I allowed to call it a season so that we can aim for that 9th/10th spot without being flamed for "wanting to tank this disappointing season"?

Is it before or after JONeal sits out for the rest of the season?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

I don't think JO has the nerve to sit...I think he plays and that may be a bad thing (see grant hill *shudders*)
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Is it 2004?
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

who remembers this all 2 well...
    the tnt call....

"And RON ARTEST TRYING TO GET DOWN TO THE BENCH! ARTEST IS IN THE STANDS! STEPHEN JACKSON FOLLOWING!"
    lol oh man watching that video never gets old...
    to think the talent that team had!
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

the curse of a cup

Yeah, when I saw that - I cringed big time. I was on the phone with my dad - and he thought I hurt myself! Oh boy, I felt that one. Ouch. Poor JO, poor Pacers. Can't win for losing.
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

Mood

ive said this since i first really observed JOs game that 60+ win season. JO will always have knee problems. it's the way he lands. he just seems to land wih all the impact and weight on him as hard as he can. he might be somewhat flat-footed. just notice how he lands everytime he grabs a rebound. unless he corrects this, he will forever be nagged with knee issues.

With JO out or at best a shadow of himself this team will be lucky to win another game. It looks very bleak. If JO's knee is bone on bone he is basically done. The Pacers have historically had this kind of problem with their big men. If this is true this makes JO untradeable for all the wrong reasons. Sigh. I feel bad for JO.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sure announce to the world that he is bone on bone and see if we can get a second round pick for him
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Just when it seems like it can't get any worse this year. I only caught the last quarter last night. In that portion I will say at least there was some noticeable effort displayed. Unfortunately, it failed to overcome our lack of shooting, lack of defense, and other various and sundry miscues.

What is it with this team and injuries? Scary to think our two best players could have serious, chronic knee issues. Why are we building around them again? Why didn't we just shut JO down already then? A true exercise in frustration with a Spurs pounding looming on the horizon minus JO. Well, probably with or without him.