Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Burnzone upset in round 1

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Default Re: Burnzone upset in round 1

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Phewww... this week was WAY too close for my liking. McDyess basically saved my ass after some abysmal performances from some key players.

You played my team extremely close, L.A.. I expected to lose when I saw the scores sunday morning and I knew you had two players more on your schedule for sunday evening.

Mourning
    I even dumped a couple of starters to get more guys in the rotation over the weekend. My big mistake, I didn't know Mutombo was injured. I doubt he could have given me the thirty I needed.

Ever hear this story (some say myth) about Winston Churchill?

He delivered a graduation speech, the shortest on record, at his old preparatory school, Harrow, in the fall of 1941. The students before him would all soon be in uniform because the Battle of Britain was underway, and that nation was struggling for its very basic preservation. He stood before them, after putting his derby on the rostrum, and, leaning his cane up against the side, he started out and gave a few preliminary remarks, and then he ended with the following: "Never give in." There was a long pause. "Never give in. ... Never, never, NEVER. On nothing great or small, large or petty, NEVER give in, except to the convictions of your own honor and good sense."
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Slade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well my team just came out with no real pressure and played with nothing to lose, ...

Seriously though some it was just luck I'll probably get slaughtered this week.
    Doubtful - Okafor's being out is really hurting me. Fortunately, Shade's missing half his team hurt him more.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Wow.

With Burnzone out of the play-offs and looking at the other results of the first round, it all of a sudden looks like anyone can win it.

I myself hope to repeat last week's performance this week. It will be needed against those Inquisitors.