Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oden v. Durant - Pacer Style

Default Re: Oden v. Durant - Pacer Style

Quote Originally Posted by mellifluous View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oden is ready defensively right now, but I'll be surprised if he averages more than 15 a game for the first few years he's in the league. He also is not a go-to scorer. There's also nothing to indicate that he will develop into one.
    I would consider his playing through this wrist injury thing while developing his off hand to an excellent degree as proof that this kid WILL work hard enough to develop his game.
    It will come.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

If we had Durant on this team, Granger would be gone. Traded for something useful at the 1 or 2.
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!

If we had Durant on this team, O'Neal would be gone. Traded for something useful at the 1 or 2.

Oden,

A lot of if's here but draft Oden, trade O'Neal for a young stud 2 guard (Kevin Martin like) and a 1st round draft choice (to go after a Law IV type). You would have a very young group of players..

Law IV
    Stud 2
    Granger
    Ike
    Oden

to build into a strong team down the road. This is a big gamble but most people here say we move to slow anyway. IF these players reach the ceiling that some think that they will, it will be a great team in the future. The young-uns would take their lumps for a while though. Any player would be expendable on the current team except the ones listed above and

Foster (great type for the youngs to be with hustle/unselfish)
    Dunleavy (contract to big/ unselfish)
    Murphy (contract to big)
    Daniels (good backup)
    Baston (cheap backup)

Shawne ??? If something in return was very good

If all things would only go our way.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Most people point to Portland not picking Jordan at 2, and I would say that since they already had Clyde Drexler (not too shabby on his own) that going with a big would make sense.

And as far as dissapointing bigs as top picks in the draft...

Duncan over Keith Van Horn worked out pretty well; Brand over Francis, Baron Davis, and Lamar Odom was a great move; Yao Ming worked; Bogut is developing nicely and way more than Marvin Williams.

There are many more cases where big men at the very top of drafts worked out for the teams then failed, dont let the one Jordan situation get to your head too much.
    Derrick Coleman, Pervis Ellison, Michael Olowokandi and Shawn Bradley would like to all say hello.

And Bogut over Marvin was fine, but Bogut over CP3...not so much.

When I look at Durant I see the player Donnie Walsh thought JB was going to be.Both guys who have poweforward hieght but have shooting guard type skills.He also has the exact same build as Bender does and that would bother me if I was picking him in the draft.Can he hold up physically? Can he effectively add wieght to his frame?I think alot of Benders injury problems were due to the fact that his frame couldn't handle all the wieght he put on.With all that being said I think he will be a star at the smallforward position but much more of a risk then Oden who I think is just a monster and will be a franchise center for the next 15 years.