Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hawks vs Pacers Post Game - So this is what it feels like to win

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Default Hawks vs Pacers Post Game - So this is what it feels like to win

got a W after what felt like a lifetime...

so the question remains -
    would you like the Pacers to build on this WIN?

or

would you like them to build on a lottery pick during the summer?

Default Re: Hawks vs Pacers Post Game - So this is what it feels like to win

I hope its all over ESPN (though I doubt it will get any coverage because of MM) and there's a huge picture story on the NBA.com mainpage...now, if you will excuse me, I'm going to return to my room (and to reality)...

Oh, and btw, thanks for starting threads tonight Bellisimo.

so far its still all about Jazz Vs. Cavs....

....the Magic pretty much lost this game....

which means we're now 7th in the East! damn thats just insane

magic lose! can I get a nets loss tomm.!?
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyPacersLeft View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    magic lose! can I get a nets loss tomm.!?
    Please, no
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Great game by Tinsley. He kept Johnson/Lue in front of him all night and made plays on offense. 14 assists through 3 quarters...awesome.

Also, we played a motion offense to begin the 4th quarter, which was a sight for very sore eyes. Atlanta didn't show up to play.

This was such a relief. I feel like I can sleep easily tonight.

i haven't seen the Hawks play at all this season...but tonight it was like as if they were acting like they were playing Defense instead of actually playing any sort of D....

alright i'm out to bed - i'll let the regulars give a nice long drawn out posts about the game to give everyone a better analysis of what just happened...

I listened to the entire game but due to severe pounding headache I couldn't actually look at the tv. Instead I had to cover my head with a pillow and not move. It's a shame too because it sounded like it was a lot of fun to watch.

On another note... The negative I see in a win like this is that it came in a blowout form. I would have preferred for it to have come in a more hard fought, to the wire manner. Reason being, that's where we struggle the most. We can get a lead on a team, we've shown that. But we can't seem to hold on and finish games. Tonight there was no Joe Johnson to bail Atlanta out, so there wasn't really an answer for our offensive dominance. Had he played, I'm sure things would have been a little different as far as point margin goes - not saying the end result would have been different - but I don't think it would have been a blowout.

Nevertheless, I'd like to see us take our flowing offense/improved defense into Houston & San Antonio and get a win over at least one of those teams.

I bet you Tinsley relished the opportunity to dominate AJ...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pacers win, Orlando loses....

tonight was a good night for me.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    I bet you Tinsley relished the opportunity to dominate AJ...
    Agreed. Tinsley remembered today that he's a distributor. Hopefully we'll get a few games out of Good Tinsley before he reverts again.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

wow look at the warriors! they are looking like a playoff team for real!
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

Only in the East can you break an eleven game losing streak and jump up to the seventh playoff position.

Hopefully the blue and gold party crew takes along some security and designated drivers tonight. Maybe we can go two or three days in a row without any bad news.
    Go Pacers!
    Indy Cornrows

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I will first say that Jamaal deserves a ton of credit for tonight's game. 14 ast./0 turnovers on 4 of 7 shooting is something to be proud of, even for a "hater" like myself.

Winning feels good, but having the Hawks come to your town without their #1 guy is like theropy to any slumping team, or player mired in his own personal slump. It's almost like having "guaranteed win night" where if the team doesn't win...you get your money back....Yes, the Hawks tonight were that bad.

On the call in show after the game, Kevin Lee broke down the chances of another 10 game slide due to the upcomming schedule. The next shot of "theropy" is 10 games away in the Charlotte Bobcats comming in.

Last thing, Is Shawn Williams now in the rotation? Looks it to me?
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

So...I'm the only one sad that we won?...Yeah, I'm in complete fantank mode.

Tinsley played an excellent game. He plays this way seemingly every few weeks and I always say that he needs to really study the tape and see that this is the way he can best help the Pacers win.

I do need to say though that the Hawks decided just not to play any defense tonight. Pacers haven't had that many wide open shots in a long, long time.

Ike played pretty well at times, even though he has brain fade sometimes. Pacers need to run plays to get him 10-15 ft face up jumpers - because I think he's as good as anyone on the team in hitting those shots if he open and has a little time to get it off. His post ups are good also, but I think he's better at jump shooting. There is certainly a lot to work with in his offensive game - he's got skills.

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Pacers win, Orlando loses....

tonight was a good night for me.
    a trifecta for today if you count Michigan firing Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    i'm sad because it disproves my "trying to out-lose ainge" theory.

stat of the night for me: 23-25 free throws... wow... starters were 16-16
    This is the darkest timeline.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    a trifecta for today if you count Michigan firing Tommy

Touche.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    Until I hear that Marquis is going to return 100% healthy......I'll join you.

I know that a win is a win....but I keep on thinking that the Hawks are 1 1/2 games out of the 3rd worst record in the league......although I know that it won't guarantee that they will get a top 3 pick.......I just saw little reason for them to win. They win.....we drop further...and they get farther away from the 3rd spot.

I know that a conspiracy theory to tank seems unlikely given TPTB mantra of "Just make the Playoffs".....but this what this team and last 3 seasons has done to me.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

One thing I can guarantee is that players don't give a **** about the lottery. In fact all that means to players is that some hotshot rookie is going to come in next season and take my minutes, my points and my money away. So anytime anyone says that the Pacers players aren't motivated because they want to be in the lottery, or that the Hawks players aren't motivated because they want to be sure to get the worst record in the league - anyone who says things like that - they are just wrong in the worst kind of way

Sports Logo

I didn't catch the game...but noticed the box score....and noticed a few things that really stuck out.

1 ) Shawne played 24 minutes and got 7 points. That's not great...but how did he do on the defensive end? Was he able to contribute in any real way?

2 ) Murphy.....yes...Murphy....went 10-13...while leading the team in scoring while pulling down 6 boards. What happened here? He seems to be doing better against defensively deficient teams ( go figure ).

3 ) JONeal.......didn't seem to have a very good shooting night. Although he got to the line 6 times.....2-13 seemed very un-JONeal-like. Are the injuries catching up with him? or was the frontcourt defense on him ( I'm guessing from Zaza's razor-like elbows ) causing him problems?

4 ) Ike.......did he just get garbage minutes? I'm more surprised that he played his full 5 fouls.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

1) I had trouble following Shawn...picked up a couple fouls, went after boards, tough to measure the defense as the hawks were pretty disorganized

2) Murphy has been going to the basket more. The hawks dont have a big except for Pachulia and he had limited minutes due to fouls. I hope he continues to pass up the jump shots and head to the rack.

3) Not a very JO like game in general.

4) Ike got minutes, garbage and otherwise. Maceo is not at 100% and Harrison was in a suit, otherwise he may not have played to 5.

Team played well and hit their shots - made me wonder how well they played, or how poorly the hawks played. Still, great effort and nice to see things clicking.

Mood

With all honesty I'd rather see us bounce back and make a good run at the playoffs. I never was big on banking on the draft for team improvement. One smart trade can curb that easily. Just look at how Miami has operated and made their franchise a household name from acquiring veterans for close to nothing more than scrap metal. But with the way we were playing, it is just so hard to pull for this team and believe there will be a significant turnaround. If we squeak into the playoffs all it means is that there is a big chance we will have to endure what we just did for another season. To me, it's more of a dramatic demise that may finally trigger TPTB to get rid of certain pieces in this current team than chasing the lottery pick. This play is just too painful to watch. I don't want anymore mediocre reasons to keep RC or JT. I'm happy we won, but unless we finally get like a 8+ game winning streak going like the Heat did, I just hope drastic changes -starting from our head coach- are going to be in effect.

It just feels good to get this one win, I wonder if there will be more?