Thread: Answers forthcoming.

Default Answers forthcoming.

Lots of questions will be answered with a torrid schedule coming up in the next couple of weeks. Firstly, we will know just how horrible our team is or how good it can be. Personally, I don't think that we are that bad and we will surprise some people in a few games. I think that we expect to lose now and if we can win a game or two we can get out of that mode of thinking.

I don't buy into this tanking some games to get into the lottery, at least not with the approval of the PTB. I just don't think it happens. I can phantom a player or two packing it in, malingering with and injury or flat out shoot poorly or turn the ball over on purpose to sabotage a coach's chance of remaining. It's been done before.

If we do indeed make the playoffs with this rugged schedule looming, then we are not really in that bad of shape. A trade or the acquisition of the right player or two may just make us a damn good team. On the other hand, if we play like crap and lose most of the games, we will have to retool extensively in the off-season, including getting rid of RC.

Default Re: Answers forthcoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Roferr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Personally, I don't think that we are that bad and we will surprise some people in a few games. I think that we expect to lose now and if we can win a game or two we can get out of that mode of thinking.
    How many more loses will it take before you conclude we are that bad? How many "good" teams have a 11 game losing streak?

I don't want to know how terrible we could be. I'd rather just guess and not know for sure

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    How many more loses will it take before you conclude we are that bad? How many "good" teams have a 11 game losing streak?
    There's something amiss with the team but I don't think it concerns most of the players. Then again, how many teams swap out half their team mid-way through a season with somewhat of a dysfunctional team already?

We aren't a great team for sure but I think we're a helluva lot better than a team who has lost 11 in a row with a lot of home games. As they say "something smells fishy in Denmark".

I'd like to believe that this team can pull out of this slump and make it to the post season, but honestly I'm not too sure. They'll essentially need to win out the season and get tons of help from both sides of the seeding - those teams above and below.

I think the biggest issue is the game plan and the pieces RC puts on the floor to start most games. I understand what he wants to do in staying with an inside/outside game, but I just don't think this team has the consistant shooters to make such a game plan work.

Should the Pacers lose tonight, some would say ironic history would be repeating itself since according to the pre-game report on Pacers.com the last time this team was on a 12-game losing skid that 12th lose came against the Hawks. Here's hoping history does NOT repeat itself tonight. Let the streak end tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Roferr View Post
    As they say "something smells fishy in Denmark".
    just a FYI...

It's actually a quote from Shakespear's 'Hamlet'..."Something is rotten in the state of Denmark." (Marcellus)

Quote Originally Posted by kellogg View Post
    just a FYI...

It's actually a quote from Shakespear's 'Hamlet'..."Something is rotten in the state of Denmark." (Marcellus)
    I stand corrected.

I actually think that the losing streak ends tonight and that we will play some great ball with the upcoming stiff competition. The tide turns tonight.

[QUOTE=Roferr;558617.

I actually think that the losing streak ends tonight and that we will play some great ball with the upcoming stiff competition. The tide turns tonight.[/QUOTE]

You called it. I really wasn't sure they weren't going to blow it when Atlanta hit the first 9 points of the second half, shaving the lead to 15.

They just have some very tough games ahead...

I think another 6+ game losing streak is entirely possible, starting with the Houston game.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrike View Post
    I think another 6+ game losing streak is entirely possible, starting with the Houston game.
    Using the last 12 games as a measuring stick, you can make this assumption. However, I think we will do no worse than 3-3, which would be a great accomplishment considering the stiff competition.

JO needs to rest his aching knees. Hopefully after the next couple weeks of beatings, he will hang up the shoes.

Beating the Hawks on our home court without their best player will be nothing like facing the Rockets, Spurs and other teams now on deck.

It will be a marvelous month. We will be close to our destination in a couple weeks. Hopefully the dogs in the western conference get going.