Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Post Game Thread- Wizards. AKA How Low Can You Go?

Default Re: Post Game Thread- Wizards. AKA How Low Can You Go?

Gilbert Arenas can not draw for the life of him.

Welcome to the 80's people. Just imagine what it is like to have 8 straight seasons of this, because that is almost what we had.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Welcome to the 80's people. Just imagine what it is like to have 8 straight seasons of this, because that is almost what we had.

Don't need to imagine. I remember clearly. Excruciating.

Uncle Buck,
    The 80's are in style these days. 80's tribute bands and music are all the rage. Maybe the Pacers are just trying to do their part and go retro?

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

WOW, we Pacer fans just aren't use to this. We have made the playoffs so much in recent years we don't know how to act with an 11 game losing steak and a team that has just completely went flat.

I'll speak for myself and say that I may have took winning for granted a little bit.

Think of those other teams like: the Raptors; Grizzlies; Atlanta; Bobcats; Clippers.... big losing streaks are common place for those fans.

Maybe we should ask a Trialblazers' fan "How do you get through this?"

I'm just soaking it all in becuase the next time we make into the second round of the playoffs I'll enjoy it that much more.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not necessarily blaming Rick for this loss or any others but is there a reason he is still here? 11 games in a row and his seat doesn't even seem to be slightly warm. Coaches have been fired for much, much less than this.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by indy0731 View Post
    I'm not necessarily blaming Rick for this loss or any others but is there a reason he is still here? 11 games in a row and his seat doesn't even seem to be slightly warm. Coaches have been fired for much, much less than this.
    All this talk that the Pacers should fire Carlisel, I wonder if Carlisle will just quit on his own. I mean he's had a lot of bad karma happen over the past 3 seasons I bet he's sick of it and would like to get out of here as fast as he can.

All I have to say is this:

-How many games does it take for Rick to realize that running his offense up until the 4th quarter doesn't work? We've lost contention because we shift into the "dump it into the post" offense in the 4th in every game, and then go ice cold. Seriously, the Pacers are the easiest team in the league to beat because their offensive set doesn't make ANYONE work hard.

-Even Michael Jordan needs a rest. Can anyone explain WTF Troy Murphy is doing playing the entire second half (save 40 seconds at the end of the 3rd and garbage time)? This is the fourth time recently that it's happened.

-Is it possible to score over 15 points and have a terrible, terrible game? Yes, and Troy Murphy and Danny Granger have mastered it lately.

-Why does our best defender sit on the bench when we're playing Gilbert Arenas while our 38 year-old PG, who's been clearly out of gas for the past 20 games, guards him?

-Do we run box-out drills in practice? Does anyone think it's EVER been brought up to Troy Murphy that he doesn't box out?

-Why isn't Shawne Williams getting serious minutes? He brings energy every time he's on the floor.

-Rick has clearly f*ed with a few players' heads. Most noticeable: Danny Granger, with Ike Diogu runner-up. No confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Murphleavy is in full effect...

Their massive brains cannot compensate for their tiny hearts.

While I think this losing streak is annoying the hell out of O'neal, I'm not sure if the Golden State imports even notice. They're used to this.

Not too sure about Diogu, he's still young.
    Kind of like how Rashweed's massive body cannot compensate for his tiny brain?

Quote Originally Posted by PacerMan View Post
    Kind of like how Rashweed's massive body cannot compensate for his tiny brain?
    Eh, I can live with the technicals, if that's where the comment is coming from.

Aside from that, Sheed's a pretty smart guy.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

I'm sorry, I know this isn't politically correct to say, but I feel bad for the Pacers players. It isn't like the players want to lose, it isn't like they are trying to lose. If you watched the game until the end you saw the looks on the players faces - they looked completely dejected.

It always seems a little strange when I hear the fans act like they are the ones who are hurting more than the players - I don't believe that for one second. We watch the games and then we go about our lives - the players live this every day and losing 11 straight game might be hard for us to watch, but not nearly as bad it must be to actually go through as a player.

Told you, I wasn't going to be politically correct.

Ok, back to your regular schedule of ripping the players. I just won't be joining you in doing that

I know J.O. hates it. I'm sure others do as well. I'm not convinced they all hate it. I'm sure they would rather win, but it doesn't eat them alive like it does some.
    The losing hurts everybody from the players, fans, coaching staff, executives, & team media.
    (By team media I mean Slick, M. Boyle, Conrad, & the Pacer's FSI broadcast team. Obviously not Kravitz or out of state media.)
    1 - 2, Tinsley's coming for you.
    3 - 4, You're not a team no more.
    5 - 6, He's gonna plead the 5th.
    7 - 8, He's gonna stay out late.

Will Danny be a free agent after this year? If so, I hope he can go someplace where there is a real coach. We just got rid of our lame coach here at UNM, and he was able to help Danny improve by leaps and bounds. Just think what a competent coach can do with him.

Quote Originally Posted by loborick View Post
    Will Danny be a free agent after this year? If so, I hope he can go someplace where there is a real coach.
    Loborick, it's been a joy to have you here. If Danny leaves too bad, but good luck with the next team.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by marcus View Post
    WOW, we Pacer fans just aren't use to this. We have made the playoffs so much in recent years we don't know how to act with an 11 game losing steak and a team that has just completely went flat.
    I think that this is the best way to describe things for most of us....especially for those ( like me ) that started rooting for the Pacers since the "8 points in 8.9 seconds" in 1995 ( before the 80s version of the Pacers ). I am accustomed to simply being in the Playoffs and winning games...but I can tell you that I am not accustomed to us being THIS bad.

I would prefer that if we have to go in one direction...either early 1st round playoff exit.....or aim for the 9th-10th worst record in the league....I would prefer the latter.

At this point, I won't blame TPTB if we simply pack it in. I would prefer to give the most amount of minutes to Ike, Shawne, McLeod, Baston, Greene, Rawle and Harrison. As BBall said...we have to evaluate what we have so that we can make a sound decision when we head into the offseason.

The only way that I would even consider making a run for the Playoffs is if we could guarantee that JONeal, Tinsley, Foster and Marquis were 100% healthy and can play all the remaining games. Otherwise, given what we have seen, there is no point to try ( as in continue to make a playoff push ) and end up as a Playoff bubble team and get NOTHING in return.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Next stop June 2015

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post

I would prefer to give the most amount of minutes to Ike, Shawne, McLeod, Baston, Greene, Rawle and Harrison As BBall said...we have to evaluate what we have so that we can make a sound decision when we head into the offseason.
    That is a critical point. If we just keep on going, we will not be in nearly as good of a position to judge the talent that we do have. We will not only miss improving the team in the draft, we will know little about the assets we do have to make a trade...and no one else in the league will get to see them play either. The team needs to start somewhere to improve and it will not happen for years...YEARS...if we do not make more changes.

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Loborick, it's been a joy to have you here. If Danny leaves too bad, but good luck with the next team.
    I'm not a Pacer fan, I just follow the team because of Danny. I have had more laughs coming onto this board. I though UNM fans were fickle...you guys are crazy! Shawne Williams is the current bandwagon. I don't get the opportunity to see the Pacers often. You guys aren't on national TV much. So I come on here to try and get info.

I understand how frustrating it must be losing 11 games in a row. So I just take whatever is said with a grain of salt. But, from what I read on here, Danny is not progressing. Of course some of it is Danny's fault, but much also depends on coaching. I asked a simple question about whether or not he will be a free agent.

Thanks for your hospitable reply.

Next stop June 2015

Quote Originally Posted by loborick View Post
    I'm not a Pacer fan, I just follow the team because of Danny. I have had more laughs coming onto this board. I though UNM fans were fickle...you guys are crazy! Shawne Williams is the current bandwagon. I don't get the opportunity to see the Pacers often. You guys aren't on national TV much. So I come on here to try and get info.

I understand how frustrating it must be losing 11 games in a row. So I just take whatever is said with a grain of salt. But, from what I read on here, Danny is not progressing. Of course some of it is Danny's fault, but much also depends on coaching. I asked a simple question about whether or not he will be a free agent.

Thanks for your hospitable reply.
    Danny's doing fine. He's just not the next Lebron James that maybe we would like to see. ...but he is old enough and experienced enough that I think we are beginning to see his ceiling...and it is not the sky. Not a bad player at all. Just not going to be "the man" on a championship team.

BTW, he is my favorite player on the team. I think he makes the all star team someday...maybe a top 20 guy.

...as for free agent, that's hard to say. He will be due some serious change soon, but the Pacers are bound to give it up for him.

Mood

The Pacers' biggest need isn't a PG anymore, its a perimeter defender.

Gilbert took the game over with ease.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto View Post
    The Pacers' biggest need isn't a PG anymore, its a perimeter defender.

Gilbert took the game over with ease.
    I think a PG who could defend would solve that problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post

Mood

Acie Law isn't that great of a defender

Quote Originally Posted by tora tora View Post
    he's the best right now, but he wasn't gettin the job done either.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by tora tora View Post
    I love what he brings defensively, but the man can't hit a shot to save his life or dribble without carrying the ball. He has to have another PG/ball-handler on the floor with him to be effective.

I love what he brings defensively, but the man can't hit a shot to save his life or dribble without carrying the ball. He has to have another PG/ball-handler on the floor with him to be effective.

I think he'd improve greatly if he was just given the playing time. Look at how much AJ and Sarunas improved (and I'd say Orien's problem is a lot more fixable, imo).

But, once he fixed it he'd have to work on his passing. He likes to telegraph his passes. His shot should come last.

Either way, I'd play him even if his offense was a zero. He raises the intensity level when he's out there, along with his good defense.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    I think he'd improve greatly if he was just given the playing time. Look at how much AJ and Sarunas improved (and I'd say Orien's problem is a lot more fixable, imo).

But, once he fixed it he'd have to work on his passing. He likes to telegraph his passes. His shot should come last.

Either way, I'd play him even if his offense was a zero. He raises the intensity level when he's out there, along with his good defense.
    I think that Greene would do pretty good coupled with a solid offensive scoring Guard ( like Marquis...but not Tinsley or McLeod....that can be the primary ball handler ) and a fairly good offensive lineup. This way, his offensive liabilities could ( hopefully ) be covered up.

It sounds like he would be a good option as a defensive specialist roleplayer that defends/hassles the opposing PG that does "pretty much close to nothing" on the offensive end ( which I am fine with ).
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.