Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Post Game Thread- Wizards. AKA How Low Can You Go?

Default Post Game Thread- Wizards. AKA How Low Can You Go?

I'm not sure I can put my finger on the pulse of this loss. It's reached the point where we are just going to lose. It doesn't matter who is the coach, who is in, who is out... we're going to lose. It's hard to imagine in the big picture that we'd lose every game here on out but it's not hard to imagine when you take them one game at a time.

This cannot be about the playoffs any longer. It should be about player development and seeing who deserves to be a Pacer next year. Even if that doesn't give us out best chance to win short term, what does it matter? What does it matter whether we make the playoffs or not? Even if we don't make that top 10 protected pick, so what? Why waste the one thing this season can bring us and that is getting a look at the younger players and getting them minutes. Everything else is a lost cause in a lost season... IMHO.

Surely backing into the playoffs would mean nothing to any fans and what does getting swept in the first round mean to any players? Particularly if we use our regulars....

I'm also not sure why we're playing JO with his knee injury. Let him heal. What does it matter even if he can help us to a couple of extra wins? We're going nowhere and risk injuring him worse (whether it is for next season or for trade value).

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Post Game Thread- Wizards. AKA How Low Can You Go?

Start Shawne Williams.....

I'm sorry, I know this isn't politically correct to say, but I feel bad for the Pacers players. It isn't like the players want to lose, it isn't like they are trying to lose. If you watched the game until the end you saw the looks on the players faces - they looked completely dejected.

It always seems a little strange when I hear the fans act like they are the ones who are hurting more than the players - I don't believe that for one second. We watch the games and then we go about our lives - the players live this every day and losing 11 straight game might be hard for us to watch, but not nearly as bad it must be to actually go through as a player.

Told you, I wasn't going to be politically correct.

Ok, back to your regular schedule of ripping the players. I just won't be joining you in doing that

Golden State has more wins than us.

Guess who's happy?

BTW... How much can a coach lose (in a row and/or overall) and still come back to the team the following season, even if there is major roster turnover?

Would the fans accept Carlisle back if we don't win 5 more games the rest of the season? Would whatever players remain be ready to go to battle for that coach and this management if we sink that low?

-Bball

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Murphleavy is in full effect...

Their massive brains cannot compensate for their tiny hearts.

While I think this losing streak is annoying the hell out of O'neal, I'm not sure if the Golden State imports even notice. They're used to this.

Not too sure about Diogu, he's still young.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sorry, I know this isn't politically correct to say, but I feel bad for the Pacers players. It isn't like the players want to lose, it isn't like they are trying to lose. If you watched the game until the end you saw the looks on the players faces - they looked completely dejected.

It always seems a little strange when I hear the fans act like they are the ones who are hurting more than the players - I don't believe that for one second. We watch the games and then we go about our lives - the players live this every day and losing 11 straight game might be hard for us to watch, but not nearly as bad it must be to actually go through as a player.

Ok, back to your regular schedule of ripping the players. I just won't be joining you in doing that
    You are correct, and politically correct.

Did anyone rip any players in this thread? I don't think so....

As I said, we're now going to lose because we're going to lose. It doesn't matter who is coaching or who is playing. I'm not sure where the spark will come from that will change that. I just can't see it and I am looking.

I don't have anyone to blame for this individual loss really. And I agree with your point and do feel sorry for the players.

I DO blame management for letting us get to this position. But that just might be a different thread.

-Bball

------

-John Wooden

First off, Shawne Williams looked good tonight, he really needs to get a lot of minutes for the rest of the season. Let's see if he and Danny can coexsist, because that would be really helpful for the future if they can.

I officially don't think Ike is much better then David Harrison, as sad as that is for me to say.

UB, I agree with you, but I'm not so sure about this hurting the players more then the fans. Maybe to an extent you're right, but I have put my heart and soul in to this team for my entire life. I play a lot of money to watch them play by paying for league pass, and going out to Indy at least 10 times a year to see games. I also travel to Milwaukee, and dish out top dollar for seats behind the bench when they come to Chicago. The Pacers are the most important thing in my life, except for the obvious things like family. These guys are making millions, and most, if not all of them are going to be somewhere else in their NBA careers.

Keep in mind, I'm not trying to say that the players don't care, I'm not upset with a single one of them. I was happy with the effort tonight for the most part, we just aren't a very good team. We do not have a second option on offense, and we are terrible on defense.

When Shawne was drafted I thought he would have got more playing time since really his game is somewhat different than Granger's anyway. He was certainly more of a perimeter player with Memphis and looked comfortable doing so. No harm at this point in giving him more minutes. At least give us something to look forward to...

Why Not Us ?

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

I do feel bad for what is happening to them, this is tough, I can only hope they someone get some good fortune and get healthy and make the playoffs.

They haven't exactly played terrible basketball the past stretch of games, and they still lose and end up losing by double-digits, too.

It's heartbreaking and it pisses me off. I hate this.

I really don't think missing the playoffs is going to help us, the player we draft won't be a Wade/Melo/LeBron player. It's not going to help us that much.

Keep playing, somehow make the playoffs, get a few wins and like what Naptown_Seth has said, win back the fanbase by having some decent playoff wins.

I'm growing concerned though, already no game left is a gimmie and we have some tough opponents coming up. The Hawk win is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Did anyone rip any players in this thread? I don't think so....

As I said, we're now going to lose because we're going to lose. It doesn't matter who is coaching or who is playing. I'm not sure where the spark will come from that will change that. I just can't see it and I am looking.

I don't have anyone to blame for this individual loss really. And I agree with your point and do feel sorry for the players.

I DO blame management for letting us get to this position. But that just might be a different thread.

-Bball
    Exactly there was no one to really rip tonight. And if any one thinks that any of the guys that are injured would have made a difference then I disagree. The wizards had this under control from early on and only needed to kick it into overdrive a little to dominate. The sad fact is that this team just doesn't have it. I actuallly enjoyed watching Williams and Mccloud play to see what they could do. Dunleavy and Murphy played pretty well.

I'm not suggesting anyone is ripping the players in this thread. I was just trying to make a point. And for the record, - no I don't feel sorry for them from a financially - they are all doing quite well in that department.

Kstat, you really don't have any idea what you are talking about. What do you know about Murphy's and Dunleavy's heart

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The effort was good. Too bad we're not.

We were in there for awhile, but then NO DEFENSE, without Jeff Foster and JO tandem, there was utterly no defense..

but too heart, we have 2 days OFF, WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO BEAT ATLANTA,

Is anyone else watching TBDSSP? They're showing game winners, and just showed Smits' shot, as well as Reggie's two shots (Chicago & NY), and Keith Smart's shot. Good stuff.

Btw, Washington's defense is still bad. I had heard that it had improved, but I sure didn't see it.

Kstat, you really don't have any idea what you are talking about. What do you know about Murphy's and Dunleavy's heart
    I don't always like Murph's effort but Dunleavy plays with heart. I have no problem with these two on the team but only one of these guys should be a starter and IMO that should be Dun. Most of the time he does lots of things that help the team and doesn't just stand around.

I know from watching them throughout their careers. They have the high basketball IQ, they put up stats on occasion, but when it comes time to win a basketball game, they're almost always on the losing end. At some point, it stops being about what you can do in the flow of a game, and what you're going to do to win the game. It just seems like they anticipate losing now.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

BTW we are now no longer in the playoffs, we are a game behind Orlando :|

yeah, not to happy about that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    I know from watching them throughout their careers. They have the high basketball IQ, they put up stats on occasion, but when it comes time to win a basketball game, they're almost always on the losing end. At some point, it stops being about what you can do in the flow of a game, and what you're going to do to win the game. It just seems like they anticipate losing now.
    Duh? Did you say anything with that gross generalization?

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    They have proven you are correct...except for the last sentence. I think they really still believe.

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    Duh? Did you say anything with that gross generalization?
    Well, the question was why did I say they didn't have heart.

I define "heart" as the desire to do what it takes to win.

I still haven't seen that from either of these guys in their entire careers. They routinely collapse when it's crunch time.

Whether it was a product of their days in golden state is up for debate, but it doesn't seem like they've left it behind them....

There were times during the game tonight when I found myself wondering if I was really watching and NBA team play. Yeah they gave effort. Yeah it sucks for them and everybody. But the bottom line is we pretty much suck.

And let me return to the effort. True there was effort there, but it seemed clear to me we had no chance to win the game even when we were still in contention and seemingly competing. You could see it in the body language. These guys have no confidence and I see no real team synergy whatsoever.

I know what a big midseason trade and eleven game losing streak can do and it has taken its toll. However these guys haven't showed me much from the competitive fire standpoint since the trade. I mean everybody as a unit not just the new guys.

So yes get the young and/or new faces lots of time. Figure out what the next wave of changes will be composed of.