Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Foster injury

  1. #1
    Smooth_for_VICE Pres. Smooth_for_Pres.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    42
    Posts
    117

    Default Foster injury

    IndyStar reports:

    Foster sits out

    Pacers center Jeff Foster, who returned to the starting lineup, sat out most of the fourth after suffering a strained back.
    The loss of Foster left the Pacers at a disadvantage because they didn't have anybody to defend Timberwolves forward Kevin Garnett, who finished with 30 points and nine rebounds.
    Foster's status for tonight's game against the Washington Wizards is uncertain.



    This hurts. If he has to sit out, I'm glad Ike and Shawne will see more PT but I hate that this is what it takes for that to happen. IMO, nobody works harder on this team right now than Jeff. We lose a serious mental boost whens he's not on the floor. Let's hope it's not serious.

  2. #2
    Member Clavicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Btown
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: Foster injury

    I've been noticing that Fosters seems to be getting alot more upset when he is called for a foul. Jeff is very frustrated with how everything is going. I think it might be good that he takes a game off or two.

    He sure did have trouble putting the ball in the basket last night. I wish he would make sure he has the ball firmly in his grasp before he starts to shoot.

  3. #3
    Smooth_for_VICE Pres. Smooth_for_Pres.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    42
    Posts
    117

    Default Re: Foster injury

    Quote Originally Posted by Clavicus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it might be good that he takes a game off or two.
    I see your point but I don't think it's a luxury that we can afford. If he's able to play, that is. I would almost rather see him vent some of those frustrations and call out some of his teammates. It's not a pretty way to motivate but I remember when Cro did it with some positive result. I know we're injured but JT's not going to step up every night. On the contrary, IMO, but that's another discussion.
    Not being able to put the ball in the hoop hurts his credibility a bit but as was said in a different thread, Foster takes the lead on the floor a lot. More often than JO, I think. I'm afraid it's falling on deaf ears.

  4. #4
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,682

    Default Re: Foster injury

    Jeff is frustrated and it didn't surprise me he missed so many shots last night. He's had his shot blocked a few times in the previous games and whenever that happens, Jeff rushes his shot even more - so then he misses easy shots.

    Overall though, I wish every player on the team played as hard as Jeff and had his attitude.

  5. #5
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,806

    Default Re: Foster injury

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Overall though, I wish every player on the team played as hard as Jeff and had his attitude.
    Pretty much everyone but Jamaal and Shawne shot like him last night. Does that count?....
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  6. #6
    Smooth_for_VICE Pres. Smooth_for_Pres.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    42
    Posts
    117

    Default Re: Foster injury

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pretty much everyone but Jamaal and Shawne shot like him last night. Does that count?....
    No. Pretty much no one but Jamal had the ball last night.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Foster injury

    Quote Originally Posted by Smooth_for_Pres. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see your point but I don't think it's a luxury that we can afford.
    You mean we might lose a game?

    Ike should play more, so he can learn & develop in the summer. Jeff Foster will not lead us to championship this year (or any other year, if you ask me).

  8. #8
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,193

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Foster injury

    I don't know if its a symptom of the players that we have.....but I don't know if its a good or bad thing that 3 of our key players are injured at this time of the season....and that our young players are getting more minutes cuz of it.

    On one hand......we are running into the obstacle that has always kept us down over the last 4 seasons.....lingering issues to key players that keep them out when we most need them.....on the other hand......cuz of said injuries.....Carlisle is forced to play our young players ( whether they sink or swim ) and we get to see what they are made of.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  9. #9
    Smooth_for_VICE Pres. Smooth_for_Pres.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    42
    Posts
    117

    Default Re: Foster injury

    Quote Originally Posted by Seed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You mean we might lose a game?

    Ike should play more, so he can learn & develop in the summer. Jeff Foster will not lead us to championship this year (or any other year, if you ask me).
    Nor should he feel that he has to. That role belongs to JO. Yet here we are as Foster obviously feels that he needs to step up in a leadership manner. It's apparent in his effort and attitude which, IMO, stand out amongst many of the other players on the floor. We are not better with Foster sitting on the bench.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Foster injury

    I don't know what to think anymore about this team.

    I like Jeff. I like his attitude, his gamesmenship. He's one of the few players who you know what you're gonna get from him every game. And that's the root of why I'm in turmoil with him.

    While he gives the team great hustle, rebounding and on the ball low-post defense, he provides nothing in offense. A large part of me would rather see him sit out the rest of the season than to watch him miss yet another gimme directly underneath the basket. But, alas, as the article makes very clear it wasn't until after he went out with his lower back problems did KG start eating my boyz alive!

    Fellas, I'm really not sure how to feel or what to think on this one. Clearly, something has to give. It's either stick w/the vets and hope they get tired enough of losing that they pull their heads out of their , or let the young cats get some playing time and see how they develop/if they're worth retaining next year. Either way from my vantage point the rest of the season won't be nothing pretty.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Foster injury

    Quote Originally Posted by Smooth_for_Pres. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We are not better with Foster sitting on the bench.
    This team has no present, with or without Jeff Foster.
    On the other hand, this team might have a future with Ike Diogu.
    This season is lost. Why not use it to come back stronger?

  12. #12
    Smooth_for_VICE Pres. Smooth_for_Pres.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    42
    Posts
    117

    Default Re: Foster injury

    Quote Originally Posted by NuffSaid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know what to think anymore about this team.

    I like Jeff. I like his attitude, his gamesmenship. He's one of the few players who you know what you're gonna get from him every game. And that's the root of why I'm in turmoil with him.

    While he gives the team great hustle, rebounding and on the ball low-post defense, he provides nothing in offense. A large part of me would rather see him sit out the rest of the season than to watch him miss yet another gimme directly underneath the basket. But, alas, as the article makes very clear it wasn't until after he went out with his lower back problems did KG start eating my boyz alive!

    Fellas, I'm really not sure how to feel or what to think on this one. Clearly, something has to give. It's either stick w/the vets and hope they get tired enough of losing that they pull their heads out of their , or let the young cats get some playing time and see how they develop/if they're worth retaining next year. Either way from my vantage point the rest of the season won't be nothing pretty.
    Good post. You speak the truth. I am and forever have been frustrated by Fosters consistent lack of offense. Allow me to make a quick comment and then I'll bring it around.
    I was listening to the post game call-in show last night and Kevin Lee made a comment about the prevailing idea that we should just tank this season and try for a top ten lottery pick. He quickly listed some of the reasons that the P's wouldn't do this. Among them was one that stuck out to me, I guess because you don't hear it talked about with this particular team: Professional pride. I know some of you are scoffing at your monitors right now but it's really convenient for us to sit here and say that this team doesn't have any pride when, IMO, the truth is far from that. I believe that they want to win every single time they go on the floor and a streak like this hurts your pride over and over again. You want to be your best but it gets harder and harder. They know that a possible lottery pick could help just as much as we do but, as Kevin pointed out, it could also take one or two of their jobs away. Therefore, tanking the season ends up creating more problems for the team than it does solutions. Morale, pride, attitude... intangibles are very much damamged. Plus, we don't even know that we would get our first round pick at all.
    Let me bring it back around. Foster aggressively exhibits his pride. Somebody has to in the face of the repeated blows of a losing streak like this. In doing so, he may not score like we want him to but he's dong his part with the intangibles. I believe that it can create a 'second wind' for the guys who are down now and help them get it going.
    I don't think we are going to win the whole thing this year and I'm not even sure that we would go past the first round if we do make it in. I'm just saying that with all the other factors involved, an unguaranteed draft pick who may or may not be able to help us is not the goal. You got to play for pride.

  13. #13
    Smooth_for_VICE Pres. Smooth_for_Pres.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    42
    Posts
    117

    Default Re: Foster injury

    Quote Originally Posted by Seed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This team has no present, with or without Jeff Foster.
    On the other hand, this team might have a future with Ike Diogu.
    This season is lost. Why not use it to come back stronger?
    Don't get me wrong, Seed, I am extremely excited about Ike Diogu and every chance he get's on the floor is time well invested.
    For the rest, I'll just refer you to my last post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •