Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Snatching Defeat From the Jaws of Victory-AKA Timberwolves Postgame thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Snatching Defeat From the Jaws of Victory-AKA Timberwolves Postgame thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ev_eezy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ike didn't start tonight. Jeff & Troy did.
    Teaches me to trust ESPN.com with the simplest of things. LIKE GETTING THE FREAKING STARTERS' LIST RIGHT.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Snatching Defeat From the Jaws of Victory-AKA Timberwolves Postgame thread

Oh well the first thing I thought is wow what a night from Tins when I read the box score. I dunno why he can't do this every night. Not necessarily score 37 points but just be a consistent option. I feel like Tins attempted to step up tonight and have a huge game and the rest of the team just wasn't good enough. I just don't think the talent is there. Danny is either having a sophomore slump or just isn't as good as we thought he would end up being. Lets hope its the first.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

I need to go to another game soon. The last game I went to was the last game we won.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I need to go to another game soon. The last game I went to was the last game we won.
    GO TOMORROW FOR ALL THAT IS GOOD IN THIS WORLD.

I'm scared too, Jamaal...I'm scared too...

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    Did anybody wanna throw the remote through the tv like I did everytime I saw granger defer to somebody when he was WIDE open or at least scream "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD RICK PUT SHAWNE IN HE'S NOT AFRAID TO TAKE THAT SHOT!!!"....maybe it's just me.
    I think if we don't trade Jermaine that we'll trade Danny. We'd still have Shawne and Dunleavy to play the 3 spot and free up minutes for Ike.
    Get us a guard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Pacers have only lost one of the 7 I've attended this year (76ers on Sat) and I'll be there for the Wiz game.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    Just watched. You're reaching. Sorry.

Plus Murphy was on the other side of Jamaal. Was he not in the huddle, either?
    Well then they both need to get their butts into the huddle and pay attention. No way Murphy could have heard anything that was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    Jeff was getting very frustrated with Troy today because his help defense on Garnett was so terrible. I have now seen Jeff yell at Ike, Murphy and Dunleavy since the trade. I don't think he's very happy.
    We've lost a ton in a row. You think ANYONE is very happy?
    "yell"? There's a difference between *****ing and directing. SOme call that leadership.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    I'm sure Jamaal will be showing the rest of the basketball world how good he is (for himself) the next couple games. We all will regret him getting the green light for tonight's game. Even if the Pacers were really gonna throw in the towel (if they haven't already), the last thing I want to see is that Bozo trying to go for 30 a night the rest of the season.
    Well, on the other hand, if he DOES continue to do that, his trade value goes up along with our chances of landing in the top-10.

I've seen Jeff yell at almost everyone on the team this year. Mostly with directions like "Where the "f" were you on that play". Maybe JO should take a page from Foster's on-court leadership book. Jeff doesn't mind having to get up in your face if that's what it takes.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Tank artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    GO TOMORROW FOR ALL THAT IS GOOD IN THIS WORLD.
    It won't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Goldfoot View Post
    The Pacers have only lost one of the 7 I've attended this year (76ers on Sat) and I'll be there for the Wiz game.
    Stop by and say Hi. There shouldn't be too many Agent Zero jerseys in the crows, i'm the one guy wearin it.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

I've seen Jeff yell at almost everyone on the team this year. Mostly with directions like "Where the "f" were you on that play". Maybe JO should take a page from Foster's on-court leadership book. Jeff doesn't mind having to get up in your face if that's what it takes.
    Looks like its working.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Shawne Williams in the postgame was quoted as saying he's "used to it" by now (losing, that is). I thought the whole point of banishing a promising rookie to the end of the bench was to teach him what it takes to win in the NBA. If you aren't doing that (and they obviously aren't), whats the sense of not playing him?

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrike View Post
    Shawne Williams in the postgame was quoted as saying he's "used to it" by now (losing, that is). I thought the whole point of banishing a promising rookie to the end of the bench was to teach him what it takes to win in the NBA. If you aren't doing that (and they obviously aren't), whats the sense of not playing him?
    Ask the coach...

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
    Well, on the other hand, if he DOES continue to do that, his trade value goes up along with our chances of landing in the top-10.
    My sentiments exactly. Are you telling me we can't trick Kevin McHale into taking on Jamaal after this?

I don't expect Jeff Foster to light up the scoreboard, but where were Dunleavy, Granger and Murphy this evening? Were they using their superior basketball IQ's and going for the lottery pick? They scored 28 points between the three of them. This is not the time to disappear when 2 main pieces of the team are hanging out at the spa.

Kind of hard to score a lot when your PG is taking 35% of the team's shots....

Honestly, let's not blame anyone here. I could just as easily say that Tinsley went 3 for 9 to end the game (33%) after going 10 for 17, forced up shots, and quit playing transition defense midway through the 4th. But it's not his fault they lost, at all, and he scored as many as he could to keep the team in the game. And it's not Jeff/Mike/Troy/Danny's fault either.

Honestly, what was expected? We stop running a motion offense in the 4th quarter and we put our three worst defenders on the floor. Of course we're going to go ice cold while the other team racks up points.

The PG's number 1 task is to get others involved in the game.
    6 AST 5 TOs? That's no carreer night for a PG.

Jeff Foster? gets way too credit on this board. If a guy is an absolute non-factor in offense, he has to be a monster in all other aspects to be in the starting line-up.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Unclebuck

the only thing that I noticed about Tinsley was another issue there were a couple of situations nearly back to back where the guy that Tinsley is supposed to throw to out of bounds and than throw back to jamaal so he can bring the ball up the court some people just left him high and dry, nobody would take the ball and give it to jamaal there were a few times when our guys would make an effort to not get around the ball and the referee was forced to go over and get the ball than someone would finally come back and actually catch the ball and throw it back. I don't know what was up with that but it only happened to Tinsley. I could just be reaching but it kind of made me scratch my head and wonder.

Mood

This game was a joke. Talk about Carlisle being a great coach and an offensive master is a joke. All that one on one outside shooting nonsense and Rick Carlisle is a great coach. What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by denyfizle View Post
    This game was a joke. Talk about Carlisle being a great coach and an offensive master is a joke. All that one on one outside shooting nonsense and Rick Carlisle is a great coach. What a joke.
    It is called a zone and the T-Wolves were playing it, and as hard as the Pacers tried to get the ball inside to Ike, the T-Wolves effectively were doubling him before he could get the ball. They were daring the Pacers to take threes - especially in the 4th quarter. You don't really think Rick wanted his players to take that many outside shots in the 4th quarter do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    It is called a zone and the T-Wolves were playing it, and as hard as the Pacers tried to get the ball inside to Ike, the T-Wolves effectively were doubling him before he could get the ball. They were daring the Pacers to take threes - especially in the 4th quarter. You don't really think Rick wanted his players to take that many outside shots in the 4th quarter do you?
    There's no question we had no answers for the zone. It totally eliminated Ike in the post as an option. Was it the effectiveness of there zone or our ineffectiveness? Probably some of both.

We have guys like DG, Murph, and Dun who are purported to be good outside shooters so you'd think we could have some success. But actually, none of our "shooters" are truly good shooters.

What bothered me about the offense (if that's what you want to call it) that we appeared to be running is that we didn't try to penetrate the zone with the pass or dribble in order to get it moving and then set up someone for an open look with another pass or two. I mean did we ever send anybody to flash to the FT-line to dotted-line area? Was more like constantly standing around having two guys toss it to each other at the top of the key extended. Little to no ball reversal, cutting/flashing to open areas of the zone, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I really hesitate to even mention this. And yes I readily I'm making too much of this, and yes I know enough is enough - plus JT has an excellent game.

OK having said all that. Did anyone else notice Jamaal sitting away from the team during a timeout with 20 seconds left. And yes JT was still in the game and yes the play was called for him. Now to be fair when I say "he was sitting away from the team" he was sitting down one seat from the huddle. But it caught my attention because the players and some of the assistant coaches kept looking in his direction, not sure if they were trying to get him to listen in or move over, but at first I didn't know who it was because Jamaal had taken off his headband. But then I finally figured out it was JT, but then stupid Fox Sports put up a graphic and I couldn't see anything.

Any of you who have the game tivo'd or on tape - go back and watch the whole timeout with 20 second left - as I'd be curious to hear other opinions

I realize Jamaal was exhausted - he kept the Pacers in the game - played a very good game - although I haven't checked his turnovers - but I thought he played hard and tried to play defense. But get in the huddle JT
    Here's the timeout in question....

http://chaos.able-towers.com/~magicrat/ubtimeout.divx
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    Jeff was getting very frustrated with Troy today because his help defense on Garnett was so terrible. I have now seen Jeff yell at Ike, Murphy and Dunleavy since the trade. I don't think he's very happy.
    Foster should work on making his point-blank shots and let the coaches worry about the other players.

Sports Logo

Can someone comment on Ike's game?

I noticed that he played 23 minutes and only took 2 FGA. I know that he isn't the focus of the offense.....but for a player that is primarily useful on the offensive end...that seems very odd.

Was he given any touches or was anyone even look for him?

or

Did he just play garbage minutes?

Just on the surface......without knowing anything else.....the #s that he generated don't seem to match what I would usuallly expect from him.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.