Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29

Thread: Mike Wells on Sirius NBA Radio this morning.....

  1. #1
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,826

    Default Mike Wells on Sirius NBA Radio this morning.....

    http://www.nba.com/nbaradio/

    His interview from this morning's Tip-Off has been posted on the NBA radio web site......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  2. #2
    Member odeez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    3,776

    Default Re: Mike Wells on Sirius NBA Radio this morning.....

    thanks for the link!

  3. #3
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: Mike Wells on Sirius NBA Radio this morning.....

    Good interview. The best part was the very, very end. One of the guys said as he was wrapping it up, thanks Mike for coming on, and hopefully when we talk again we'll be talking about what a great turnaround by the Pacers - and Mike Wells just kinda laughed, like no way that is going to happen .


    I've been following the NBA for a lot of years, and I don't see the Pacers "turning it around this season". I cannot envision a scenerio where that could be possible. And in turning it around I mean playing a couple of games above .500 the rest of the way. I see the pacers winning 4 or 5 games the rest of the way

  4. #4

    Default Re: Mike Wells on Sirius NBA Radio this morning.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    .


    I've been following the NBA for a lot of years, and I don't see the Pacers "turning it around this season". I cannot envision a scenerio where that could be possible. And in turning it around I mean playing a couple of games above .500 the rest of the way. I see the pacers winning 4 or 5 games the rest of the way

    I can EASILY see this happening...

  5. #5
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,632

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells on Sirius NBA Radio this morning.....

    Quote Originally Posted by kellogg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can EASILY see this happening...
    34 Wins...here we come!!!!!

    Hopefully a 9th/10th place finish. I don't know whether I should or
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Mike Wells on Sirius NBA Radio this morning.....

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    34 Wins...here we come!!!!!

    Hopefully a 9th/10th place finish. I don't know whether I should or

    I suspect that if by some lottery miracle we land Oden or Durant, this will go far in soothing the pain of only 34 wins...

  7. #7
    Member Evan_The_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, In. via Oakland, Ca.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,413

    Default Re: Mike Wells on Sirius NBA Radio this morning.....

    Lottery and Pacers doesn't mix. We're not lucky like that. If you look up Murphy's Law in the dictionary you'll see this as a picture:


  8. #8

    Default Re: Mike Wells on Sirius NBA Radio this morning.....

    Well I think Murphy's Law doesn't hold true with the Pacers in the draft, we DID get Danny all the way at 17. However, we do now have Troy Murphy on our team so that may seal the deal.

  9. #9
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Mike Wells on Sirius NBA Radio this morning.....

    Quote Originally Posted by kellogg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I suspect that if by some lottery miracle we land Oden or Durant, this will go far in soothing the pain of only 34 wins...
    Oden just made a very strong statement suggesting he's not ready to come out this year, backing what he has previously said. (they discussed it on PTI in fact)

    Again, as I've said in other threads, if you get the pick this year you might lose the pick next year in a draft filled with strong guards (and maybe Oden).

    I still think giving ATL a 13th pick this year beats the heck out of giving them a 9th pick next year.

  10. #10
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Mike Wells on Sirius NBA Radio this morning.....

    I don't buy that we'll suck this bad next season; I think ATL will be getting a mid to late pick. More likely a mid pick next year.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells on Sirius NBA Radio this morning.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oden just made a very strong statement suggesting he's not ready to come out this year, backing what he has previously said. (they discussed it on PTI in fact)

    Again, as I've said in other threads, if you get the pick this year you might lose the pick next year in a draft filled with strong guards (and maybe Oden).

    I still think giving ATL a 13th pick this year beats the heck out of giving them a 9th pick next year.
    I totally agree that our prospects for the season are going nowhere but south. I think for the Pacers, their business, fan base, and just for the sake of the roster itself, it would be disastrous if we missed the playoffs but finished with a record good enough that we forfeit our pick to Atlanta.

    In fact, I think it is very important to have picks in both this years and next years drafts.

    We need rejuvenation in the worst possible way. Having a decent draft pick will help that in the off-season.

    And, if Jermaine is traded, we will get one or two very good players in return, as well as a decent draft pick in next years draft.

    At this point, I believe that all of these things are going to happen.

    Starting next season, I fully expect Foster and Granger to be our only "long-term" carry-overs. And, for the next 2-3 seasons, we will be happy if we can finish above .500.

  12. #12
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,987

    Default Re: Mike Wells on Sirius NBA Radio this morning.....

    I think, especially, IF we get that pick in this draft combined with the summer changes we are BOUND to make we won't suck nearly as bad as we do now.

    Shawne is going to be better, I very much believe Ike is going to get it together somewhere next year and I believe Danny will again be better next year. Dun Dun and Murphy will have a full pre-season and a summer to prepare with and for the team and then we also have our pick (IF we haven't traded it). IF JO stays there's no way I believe this team will be as bad as it is now.

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  13. #13
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,699

    Default Re: Mike Wells on Sirius NBA Radio this morning.....

    If you guys only thought a few seconds before pressing enter......

    IF we trade JO for 2 "good" players, they have to come from a halway decent team (otherwise they would be crap) which means that the pick is low and this worth little.

    IF we want a food pick, we need to trade with a perennial loser, which means no good plauers in return.

    Egg, meet Chicken, Chicken, meet Egg.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  14. #14
    Banned Fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,408

    Default Re: Mike Wells on Sirius NBA Radio this morning.....

    Somebody's hungry.

  15. #15
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,861

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells on Sirius NBA Radio this morning.....

    Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you guys only thought a few seconds before pressing enter......

    IF we trade JO for 2 "good" players, they have to come from a halway decent team (otherwise they would be crap) which means that the pick is low and this worth little.

    IF we want a food pick, we need to trade with a perennial loser, which means no good plauers in return.

    Egg, meet Chicken, Chicken, meet Egg.
    I disagree. One you have to think about trades that have gone through. Teams own picks that have been traded to them such as the Nuggets with the 76ers picks. Also good players are on bad teams. Paul Pierce is just an example. Look in ATL, Josh Smith and Josh Childress are both good players that are on bad teams. These are all just examples of course, in no way am i saying thats who we should trade for. There are plenty of ways we could get a good player or two and a good pick if we trade JO, we just have too look for it.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells on Sirius NBA Radio this morning.....

    Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you guys only thought a few seconds before pressing enter......

    IF we trade JO for 2 "good" players, they have to come from a halway decent team (otherwise they would be crap) which means that the pick is low and this worth little.

    IF we want a food pick, we need to trade with a perennial loser, which means no good plauers in return.

    Egg, meet Chicken, Chicken, meet Egg.
    I would make a decent point here, but it seems as though it has already been presented quite well by JO4MVP2006.

    I thought that the point was intuitively obvious, that's why I did not bother making it. It's something that I knew off the top of my head, and as you state, I didn't require even a few seconds to figure it out.

    Sorry, I couldn't resist. Sometimes my fingers just run ahead of myself before I can begin hitting the delete key.

    But the point is, we have more teams than one might think with which to trade.

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells on Sirius NBA Radio this morning.....

    But to build on my previous post, I would only trade JO for one type of player. I'd probably trade him for a backcourt player that has the skills we need as well as leadership qualities.

    The trade that I would have in mind would be some sort of multi-team trade that would include Heinrich. Not likely, but since I'm the one posting this, it's all about my dream, not yours.

  18. #18
    Member odeez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    3,776

    Default Re: Mike Wells on Sirius NBA Radio this morning.....

    I would like to keep JO, but if we did move him, could we get Ray Allen?

  19. #19
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,987

    Default Re: Mike Wells on Sirius NBA Radio this morning.....

    Quote Originally Posted by odeez View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would like to keep JO, but if we did move him, could we get Ray Allen?
    Maybe, but with Seattles current ownership situation and possible relocation ... I really dunno.

    What's more ... Allen is really not the player I would be trading JO for. IF I would trade JO it would be for a MUCH younger player or multiple (very) high picks (which probably about any "other side" will be very unlikely to want to aggree too) not a player that is in the same age range or older.

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Fishers, IN
    Posts
    436

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells on Sirius NBA Radio this morning.....

    This has got to be a PR nightmare for the Pacers. Nobody can tell me that the Simons (and Donnie Walsh) have not seen what has transpired under Bird's watch.
    How in the world does a team gracefully dump a Hoosier legend without losing what's left of the fan base? If Bird is allowed to consider trading JO for what he considers a value, there couldn't possibly be any fanbase left, could there?
    The game has changed and the players have changed so much just in the time Bird, McHale and Ainge have left the game that they can't even fathom behavior, character and top ballers all in one package. During their day guys appreciated pay for the game and the Chris Washburns washed out. Kind of extreme, I know, but it makes a point.
    Dammed if they do and don't, I guess. I just don't think we've hit rock bottom yet, and that's scary.

  21. #21
    Member Ragnar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,865

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells on Sirius NBA Radio this morning.....

    Oh they could turn it arround but it would take at least three if's.

    If Marquis could get and stay healthy

    If Jeff can get and stay healthy

    If Rick will figure out that you should start your best player at each position just like all the other teams (at least all of the playoff teams). Put Quis and Jeff in the starting lineup where they belong, we could turn it arround and at least make it out of the first round.

  22. #22
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: Mike Wells on Sirius NBA Radio this morning.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh they could turn it arround but it would take at least three if's.

    If Marquis could get and stay healthy

    If Jeff can get and stay healthy

    If Rick will figure out that you should start your best player at each position just like all the other teams (at least all of the playoff teams). Put Quis and Jeff in the starting lineup where they belong, we could turn it arround and at least make it out of the first round.

    Jeff's been very healthy this season. He's only missed one game

  23. #23
    Member Ant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SA town
    Age
    34
    Posts
    203

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells on Sirius NBA Radio this morning.....

    Quote Originally Posted by kellogg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I suspect that if by some lottery miracle we land Oden or Durant, this will go far in soothing the pain of only 34 wins...
    If by some MIRACLE this happened, Rick Carlisle would ruin their career.

    The Wally Champ is back !!

    Follow me on Twitter! @Hookjaw_Rox

  24. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,746

    Default Re: Mike Wells on Sirius NBA Radio this morning.....

    Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    ...since I'm the one posting this, it's all about my dream, not yours.
    I really like that.

  25. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,746

    Default Re: Mike Wells on Sirius NBA Radio this morning.....

    Quote Originally Posted by special ed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    How in the world does a team gracefully dump a Hoosier legend without losing what's left of the fan base?

    If Bird is allowed to consider trading JO for what he considers a value, there couldn't possibly be any fanbase left, could there?
    For the first part of your post that I have quoted:

    Simple. DW holds a press conference announcing that he has hired Isiah Thomas as his (insert special title) assistant. At that conference, Isiah assures everyone that he was not brought in to fire Larry Bird.

    A couple of months later Isiah and Donnie hold a press conference to announce......

    Okay, seriously, as to the second part of your post that I quoted:

    I think (I could well be wrong) that JO's popularity may be over-estimated by many on this and other boards. I'm just not sure that the average fan around the state thinks as highly of him as many may assume.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •