Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Got To See 300!

Exclamation I Got To See 300!

My Grandpa took my 7 year old little brother and I to go see it. We sat 3rd row, right in the middle. The sound in the theater was the best I've heard. It literally shook the floor. The best movie I've seen!

Default Re: I Got To See 300!

I'm saddened to read a 7 year old was taken to see such a gory/violent movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sure this'll create a firestorm, but I don't have as much of a problem with that as taking 7 year olds to see Passion of the Christ.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    I'm sure this'll create a firestorm, but I don't have as much of a problem with that as taking 7 year olds to see Passion of the Christ.
    Neither is appropriate for kids that young IMO.

I know others feel differently and it's their choice; I'd never suggest otherwise. I just don't agree with it.

It bothered me how so many Christians who normally condemn that sort of thing looked the other way "because it's about Jesus".

He has been thought very well that it is a movie and that it is fake. He was actually just on Google looking for facts about the actual battle of Thermoplyae (Sp?) so he can tell his teacher

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I just got back from seeing it, too. It was pretty good.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Is it still hard to get tickets to this movie?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It bothered me how so many Christians who normally condemn that sort of thing looked the other way "because it's about Jesus".
    I know just what you mean. My Grandma who is very Christian and doesn't see PG-13's due to their content used this exact reason to see Passion.

This movie was AWESOME! Seriously great story about brothers. Sure the sex sence was not really needed but whatever. This movie is about brothers and being freemen. I really enjoyed it. I went and watched it with my football brethern and well it was the way we were. We would die for one another. 300 is the best movie sense Galdiator. Well that is all there really is. Go see this movie.

i finally got to see it and i loved it. i agree with everyone about the nudity (although there was one mild sex scene that was important to the story). i don't think the violence was too over-the-top. i'm sure that's nothing compared to how it really looked in battles back then. very good,definatley not for children.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    It's an R-rated movie, which means "Don't bring the kids." Just about every Christian I know understood that (although I'll admit the people I'm around probably aren't indicative of American Christianity). I'm less worried about violence than sex, but I wouldn't take a 7-year-old to see Passion. I could barely sit through it myself, even though it's actually tamer than what happened.

They did release a family-friendly cut, though, which I believe was only PG-13. Haven't seen it, but I imagine they cut way back on the flogging scene.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Even if the accuracy was a little off, the movie itself was quite good. I really enjoyed the movie as a whole, and the Spartans' warlike mentality.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

was able to catch the movie yesterday as it came out on Thursday here in Hungary...was very hyped up to see it...and happy to say it didn't disappoint. By no means is this an epic movie like Gladiator or Braveheart but felt it was much better than the likes of Kingdom of Heaven, Troy and Alexander.

I refuse to admit Troy is a movie. What a stupid, poorly done, inaccurate piece of crap.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    I refuse to admit Troy is a movie. What a stupid, poorly done, inaccurate piece of crap.
    Brother! "Kingdom of Heaven" is a piece of crap too btw. "Alexander" though historically incorrect was a movie I liked.

Looking forward to "300". I don't really understand the problems with nudity beying a problem for some people, while slashing someones head off in full slow motion is "perfectly ok" .

Anyway, I don't expect it to be ANYTHING historically accurate and I expect the story to be rather corny, but I do expect it to put up a good amusement/entertainment value which can be nice too .

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    Brother! "Kingdom of Heaven" is a piece of crap too btw. "Alexander" though historically incorrect was a movie I liked.

Looking forward to "300". I don't really understand the problems with nudity beying a problem for some people, while slashing someones head off in full slow motion is "perfectly ok" .

Anyway, I don't expect it to be ANYTHING historically accurate and I expect the story to be rather corny, but I do expect it to put up a good amusement/entertainment value which can be nice too .

Regards,

Mourning
    I guess its easier to hold off people from doing violent things rather than sexual acts....

exactly - go watch the movie as it is supposed to be - A MOVIE! don't worry about any background info and you'll be fine....

I just thought that Xerxes was like a long lost brother of Dennis Rodman or something...

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

I like nipples. Therefore, I liked 300.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    Shame on you, you morally corrupt pervert!

Regards,

Mourning

I thought this was funny:

And this:

Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Leonidis would kick the black smoke's ***.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post

Leonidis would kick the black smoke's ***.
    Especially if he had a sonic fence.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    Maybe the sequel should be named 300 Nipples.

I actually liked Troy.

Kingdom of Heaven and Alexander were both awful though...Alexander being the worst of the two. In fact I'd go as far as saying Alexander is one of the worst movies I've seen in the past 2-3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    I actually liked Troy.

Kingdom of Heaven and Alexander were both awful though...Alexander being the worst of the two. In fact I'd go as far as saying Alexander is one of the worst movies I've seen in the past 2-3 years.
    "Troy" was B-A-D. Truly horrible. I thought "Alexander" was pretty decent and atleast created an atmosphere that was a little thrilling and had a good soundscore. Not a historical documentary at all, but enjoyable without beying completely ridiculous like "Troy" and "Kingdom of Heaven" both were IMO, offcourse .

Regards,

Mourning

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

One quick question.

How can a movie based on mythology be inaccurate?

I don't think it was supposed to follow Homer's story, but gave entertainment twists, just like the Romeo and Juliet that was done with Leo Dicaprio in the mid 90's.

If you watch any entertaining movie looking for historical fact, you're going to be very disappointed.