Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The ROC is coming to Indy but he needs your help!

Default The ROC is coming to Indy but he needs your help!

I have talked this over with a good buddy of mine and we have decided that we wish to attend either Game 7 of this round or Game 1 of the ECF.

Now I have a few questions for you guys since I know nothing about Playoff Ticket Sales or Indianapolis.

1.)IF there is a game 7, tickets will go onsale at 10AM (ET right???) on Wed. Now I know they will sell-out fast, but how fast? Mins or Hours? (will I have to be ready at 9:59 to get tickets?)

2.) What would the best way to orders tickets be for game 7, Through ticketmaster or should I call Conseco's Box Office (whenever I go to Bucks games I just call the B.O. so I don't Know)?

3.) Driving time from Milwaukee to Indianapolis. I don't know if anyone has done this and knows how long the drive will be, Yahoo says 4 and 1/2 hours but I don't know how accurate that is (too long, maybe not long enough?). I know some of you probably know the driving time from Chicago to Indianapolis, that would be helpful too. Also the # of tolls and their cost would be helpful (we don't have those damned money taking machines in Wisconsin)!

4.) Parking - Are there anygood spots to park? (I know of a few places close by the Bradley Center that you can park for $2-$5) Doesn't have to be 100 feet from Conseco since I have never been to Indianapolis I wouldn't mind seeing a "bit" of the City.

5.) Any other advice? I am sorry if this sounds stupid to some of you but I am really worried I am going to mess this up somehow, so I want to have all grounds covered!

Default Re: The ROC is coming to Indy but he needs your help!

I have talked this over with a good buddy of mine and we have decided that we wish to attend either Game 7 of this round or Game 1 of the ECF.

Now I have a few questions for you guys since I know nothing about Playoff Ticket Sales or Indianapolis.

1.)IF there is a game 7, tickets will go onsale at 10AM (ET right???) on Wed. Now I know they will sell-out fast, but how fast? Mins or Hours? (will I have to be ready at 9:59 to get tickets?)

2.) What would the best way to orders tickets be for game 7, Through ticketmaster or should I call Conseco's Box Office (whenever I go to Bucks games I just call the B.O. so I don't Know)?

3.) Driving time from Milwaukee to Indianapolis. I don't know if anyone has done this and knows how long the drive will be, Yahoo says 4 and 1/2 hours but I don't know how accurate that is (too long, maybe not long enough?). I know some of you probably know the driving time from Chicago to Indianapolis, that would be helpful too. Also the # of tolls and their cost would be helpful (we don't have those damned money taking machines in Wisconsin)!

4.) Parking - Are there anygood spots to park? (I know of a few places close by the Bradley Center that you can park for $2-$5) Doesn't have to be 100 feet from Conseco since I have never been to Indianapolis I wouldn't mind seeing a "bit" of the City.

5.) Any other advice? I am sorry if this sounds stupid to some of you but I am really worried I am going to mess this up somehow, so I want to have all grounds covered!
    1. Tickets for a game 7 would go on sale immediately at the conslusion of a loss in game 6. Tickets for the ECF would go on sale next day (first two games only).

2. Best way is ticketmaster online. Then calling up on ticketmaster. Then Conseco Fieldhouse.

3. Chicago is approx. 3 hours from Indy (Jay in 222 should know best). And I'm sure you know how long it is from Mil to Chi.

4. Parking. Park in the Conseco Fieldhouse parking lot which you go south on Alabama (one way) to get into it. If you get there ealier enough, you can park for $2 on the top floor. Great value. Walk down two flights of steps and walk across street in skyway directly to Conseco.

5. Get there early to soak up the wonderful atmosphere. Walk around Conseco even if you've done it before-there's always things I see that I didn't see before. Have fun.

Hope this helps.
    Two=the number 2
    Too=means "also"
    To=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (two, too) do not apply.

Their=shows ownership-'it is their house'
    They're=they are
    There=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (their, they're) do not apply

Sorry but it bugs me when these are used incorrectly when I read posts on PacersDigest.com.

Mood

I can't help you with all of it, but I will say get tickets online with ticketmaster and use the "Will Call" option, so you can just pick them up at the B.O. there at Conseco, either before gametime or when you get there for the game itself.

Also, park on the top level of the parking garage just east of the Fieldhouse. It's just $2 and all you have to do is walk down 2 levels on a ramp (or you can wait for the elevator, which I never bother to), and you're on the right level to walk across the bridge connecting the garage with the Fieldhouse. Very quick, very easy, very cheap.

1) I would imagine it will sell out within an hour or two. That is purely a guess. It would be a good idea to be ready at 9:59 though

2) I have been buying season tickets for so long I don't have a good plan for you here. Can you call Conseco and order tickets, I did not think you could, but I could be wrong. Not sure if it is better to call ticketmaster or go online, I would do both at the same time if you can.

3) 4.5 hours sounds about right. Jay would be able to tell you more exact. Traffic around Chicago is always a problem.

4) I park in the same lot every game it cost $3.00 and it is pretty close, I think it is off of Virginia, easy in and out. I could give you directions if you want. I used to park in the parking garage, but the times that I did it took so long to get out of there, I decided enough was enough. But if you are in no hurry to get somewhere, then garage is the best bet.

5) Enjoy the game. Get there early

Start calling ticketmaster in Milwaukee before they go on sale to get your tix. No wait like Indpls ticketmaster locations.

I can't help you with all of it, but I will say get tickets online with ticketmaster and use the "Will Call" option, so you can just pick them up at the B.O. there at Conseco, either before gametime or when you get there for the game itself.

Also, park on the top level of the parking garage just east of the Fieldhouse. It's just $2 and all you have to do is walk down 2 levels on a ramp (or you can wait for the elevator, which I never bother to), and you're on the right level to walk across the bridge connecting the garage with the Fieldhouse. Very quick, very easy, very cheap.

if you get tickets through ticketmaster and will be picking them up from will call, you get there early. Before one of the games this year, i was a little late, it was about 5 minutes until game time at the lines ofr will call were extremely long, many people missed the opening intros for sure waiting in line.

Mood

Oh btw, when i say ticketmaster, I was referring to the online version, www.ticketmaster.com ; I'm not familure with the physical locations for Ticket Master.

Call on the phone, the website will be busy from wherever plus whatever online latency you have. Call your local ticketmaster, just have the venue info and date handy; they should be able to set you up. And, yeah just do will call.

Good decision!

Pure guess here, but based upon earlier rounds and previous years, you'll probably have 'til end of day Wednesday or early Thursday.

Box office and put em on will call. No crazy Ticketmaster surcharges. If the phone lines are busy, just eat the extra cost of buying them on ticketmaster.com

I've driven this 3 times in the past few years. Budget 5 hours from downtown Milwaukee. I've done it in 4 1/2 but I've also done it in 6. Depends heavily on Chicago I-90/94 traffic. You are probably looking at $5.00 - $6.00 in tolls. Also, I always find the Chicago Skyway from I-90/94 to I-65 to be faster than just taking I-90/94 all the way through. Others might be able to confirm this or kill me for saying that.

I'm gonna guess the best dollar for dollar parking is the railroad yard parking just east of the Conseco parking garage. (This is the corner of Maryland and Alabama I believe). I park in the garage directly north of the arena ticket office (Penn & Maryland) since I can use my work parking pass there. It's $10 for a game if you do not have a pass.

There is also a lot of easily accessible parking south of the arena.

Grab a bite to eat somewhere around the arena before the game. Most of the restaurants are in the south portion of downtown withing walking distance west of the Fieldhouse. If you eat at the Fieldhouse, the Varsity Club on the Club Level is pretty d*mn good for a pricy buffet and has a court view.

Quick, Cheaper: Steak n Shake, BW-3, Hooters, Ike & Jonesy's, Red Eye Cafe, Circle Centre Food Court
    In-Between: The Pub, Claddagh, The Ram, Jillians, Coaches, Hard Rock Cafe, Shapiros, PF Chang's, Alcatraz, Chammps, does Slippery Noodle serve food?
    Pricier: Oceanaire, Moe's, St. Elmo's, Mortons, Malibu On Maryland, Ruth's Chris, Mikado, Bertolini's

Many others I'm forgetting I'm sure.

If you're here the extra day, might be worth your while to visit the NCAA Hall of Champions or Indpls Motor Speedway before driving back. The track will still be qualifying I believe. For tourists, I assume those are the two main sport sites to see other than the arena and stadium downtown.

Hope that helps,
    Kybjones

Wow you guys get a good deal on parking I usually pay either $10(if I get there early) or $15 to park at 76ers games. The last time I can remember $2 parking at 76ers games Jimmy Carter was the President.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I normally recommend the Skyway, and when I leave from The Loop then I take Lake Shore Drive to the Skyway. When I leave from Elmhurst, I always check the traffic on the radio before I pick the Tri-State or if cut through the City (to the Skyway).

You should know, however, that the Skyway bridge itself is under major, major construction. I believe its currently two lanes east-bound (and one lane west-bound.)

Because everyone knows its under major construction, traffic has been light enough that I haven't had any serious delays. Traffic is never very heavy on the Skyway anyway, since the $2 toll for the bridge is outrageous (both a bargain when compared to sitting in traffic when the Borman X-way becomes a "parking lot", more info below.)

Since you're coming from Milwaukee, you should also consider taking the Tri-State instead of 90/94 (Which is, in order, The Edens Expressway, Kennedy, and Dan Ryan - because almost all the highways up here have a *90 or *94 in them, we use names to keep it from getting confusing.) You'll pay a few bucks in tolls, in a few minutes I'll try to think of the exact amount...

Now if you take the Tri-State, the last leg (officialy known as the Borman Expressway or 80/94) in Northwest Indiana is under serious construction, as well. I have had long delays here.

Regardless, you'd rather be safe than sorry. If your coming straight to the game, try to budget for six hours to account for potentially nasty traffic, parking in Indy, picking up your tickets, etc. If all that goes really smoothly, then you've got a little extra time to walk around downtown Indpls. I'd rather you budget a little too much time and get to your seats early than miss the introductions and tipoff - which is always a thrill for first-timers - heck its always a thrill for me and I've been to hundreds of games over the years.

I've got to run to a meeting - I'll give you more info on how to translate the Chicago traffic reports later.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

pacerchic

I recently had to order an extra ticket for a p/o game...I called ticketmaster, and for a fee of $2, they emailed my ticket to me. I printed it out and had no problem getting into the game. A nice option if you're ordering at the last minute.

as for the 10 o'clock box office time:

Box Office to Open Early Wednesday

Indianapolis, May 17, 2004 The Conseco Fieldhouse Box Office will open at 7:00 a.m. on Wednesday, May 19, for fans to purchase tickets to upcoming Pacers Playoff games.

The tickets on sale will be for either Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Semifinals or Games 1 and 2 of the Eastern Conference Finals.

If necessary, Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Semifinals will be played Thursday, May 20, at Conseco Fieldhouse.

that is "early".

So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Thank You Everyone for your Help, it means alot.

Jay, I got lost a few times reading your post but it is very detailed so thank you. I imagine we will leave around 7-8 hours before tipoff, if the arena opened at 10AM, I could sit in it all day and not be bored, I mean it's the Pacers!

Speaking of...how soon before tip-off does the fieldhouse open?

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thank You Everyone for your Help, it means alot.

Jay, I got lost a few times reading your post but it is very detailed so thank you. I imagine we will leave around 7-8 hours before tipoff, if the arena opened at 10AM, I could sit in it all day and not be bored, I mean it's the Pacers!

Speaking of...how soon before tip-off does the fieldhouse open?
    I believe it opens 90 minutes before tipoff.

There's a lot to see inside (photos, memorbilia).

ROC, if you re-read it and compare it to map, and you've got any additional questions, just send me a PM. I'm happy to help make sure Pacers fans get to the Fieldhouse for playoff games.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

sweabs

There's a lot to see inside (photos, memorbilia).
    NO KIDDING.
    The one time I went (best day of my freaking LIFE) I didn't want to leave. There is so much to see and do before/after the game it's unbelievable. Hopefully I can go back next year...if I have the money. .

I called the Conseco Fieldhouse box office this morning to get details on the tickets that go on sale tomorrow morning. They told me the box office opens at 7 but the tickets don't go on sale through ticketmaster until 10 am. I'm just hoping the tickets don't sellout through the box office before they are scheduled to go on sale through ticketmaster.
    Can we get a new color commentator please?

BOOM BABY!!!

Indy Here I come

Just got tickets to game 1 in section 225 for $40 a pop
    Why was section 224 $58 and it was only 4 rows lower? ed:

I got them on "will call"

now I only have one more question, WHERE IS THE WILL CALL WINDOW?

I am SOOO HAPPY!!!

sweabs

BOOM BABY!!!

Indy Here I come

I am SOOO HAPPY!!!
    Congrats man - my trip to Conseco was the best trip of my freaking life. I really hope to go there soon, and if New Jersey DOES win, I will be going...but much more likely I'll be at the Palace cheering the Pacers on.

Now...what jersey should I wear to the game?
    What would bug Pistons fans most?

BOOM BABY!!!

Indy Here I come

I am SOOO HAPPY!!!
    Will call window is at the ticket office at the main Fieldhouse entrance (small left/north section of Conseco seen below). If you can't find it, you are probably in Louisville or Cincinnati. Turn around, drive back 2 hours.

Regarding the ticket prices, I think the cutoff row on sideline balcony tickets is Row 9. Anything in those sections rows 9 or lower is $58. Anyone buying online right now can get the tickets in rows 10-11-12 etc for $40. Great value considering only a 5-10 foot distance further back.

Mood

Hey cool; Sec. 225 was where I sat on Saturday for Game 5. You're up there, but in this building, you can still see plenty. Lots of good fans up there too. Enjoy!

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

225 , I sat there in a few regular season games , not a bad view

I will be in Section 14 again , sat in section 14 once last round and I really liked it alot ..so I got games 1 and 2 in Section 14 ...plus it's a nice view

Mood

I have to say the pics don't really do it justice. The players don't looke NEARLY that tiny in person as they do in these photos.

I have to say the pics don't really do it justice. The players don't looke NEARLY that tiny in person as they do in these photos.

When I looked at the photo I thought "not bad"

If you have ever sat at the top of the Bradley Center, you would appreciate an upper level seat with a view as good as the one in the Pic.

btw sauce, what row was that Pic taken from?

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would say row 1 since I see the plastic barrier in the picture and really I havent sat in a bad place in Conseco yet.... now if it was MSA I would have worried that place was horrid in the upper decks