Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: With all this talk about top 10 draft picks...what players are top ten?

Default With all this talk about top 10 draft picks...what players are top ten?

Ive seen everyone on here talking about us hopefully getting a top 10 pick,so who are your top ten players?..

I dont watch much college hoops so the only two guys I know of are of course Greg Oden and Kevin Durant

So you can swap those two around @ 1 and 2..

Who are the 3-10 guys?

And what team order do you think the draft will go?
    LoneGranger33 said
    Agreed. As the members of Guns and Roses once said, "every rose has its thorn".

Default Re: With all this talk about top 10 draft picks...what players are top ten?

I dont know a thing about college players so im glad you started a thread like this! I am curious to!

PS: Who are the best PGs?

Default Re: With all this talk about top 10 draft picks...what players are top ten?

It all depends on who comes out. Multiple players from Florida could go top ten. You have a lot of potential based big/wings that could go top ten like J.Wright at Kansas and B.Wright at UNC. Thorton from FSU and Green from Georgetown are rising. Acie Law is probably the best PG. There's another 7'0 chinaman, whom people are chattering about. Good players in this year's draft, but they're mostly big/wingman. I think the 2008 draft will be the year of the PG

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Tiago Splitter is a guy that could sneak in the Top 10.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tiago Splitter is a guy that could sneak in the Top 10.
    I'm not so sure. Unless a good number of players stay in this year.
    He's got experience but still raw in areas, and has some of the typical "Euro" knocks on him, IMO. I think top 20, top 15 pick at very best.

He's a good player, I just don't see him being a lottery pick.

Some of the top 10 of course depends on how they fare in the tourney, that can always help or hurt them a little bit.

Why Not Us ?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Slade View Post
    He's got experience but still raw in areas, and has some of the typical "Euro" knocks on him, IMO. I think top 20, top 15 pick at very best.

Some of the top 10 of course depends on how they fare in the tourney, that can always help or hurt them a little bit.
    I don't think he should be in the top 10. But GMs love to gamble on EURO's.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

nbadraft.net is a good site for early draft predictions.

http://www.hoopshype.com/draft.htm

Last year was the draft for picking a PG,

*coughloudly*marcuswilliams*coughloudly*

*quietcough*nottomentionsixotherguys*quietcough*
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post

*coughloudly*marcuswilliams*coughloudly*

*quietcough*nottomentionsixotherguys*quietcough*
    i don't think marcus williams is that good, he reminds of jamal tinsley and could eventually be him too... :/ rather would had Rondo or Rodregiuz

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post

No it wasn't. We'd be just as well off w/ Tinsley as w/ any of those guys.

And unless we manage to get Acie Law this year, there's really no point in us tanking. I'd rather we try to turn it around after this slump and see what we can do in the playoffs. We'll bite the bullet this year, but come 2008 we'll have a pick in a draft with a decent amount of PG's to choose from. And if we really, really, want Acie Law, we could always try to trade for him.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Marcus Williams is, I feel, just another version of Tinsley. He isn't the answer. Some of the guys I feel that have a possibility of going in the top 10 include

Greg Oden (C, Ohio State)
    Kevin Durant (PF, Texas)
    Al Horford (PF, Florida)
    Joakim Noah (C, Florida)
    Brandan Wright (PF, North Carolina)
    Julian Wright (SF, Kansas)
    Acie Law (PG, Texas A&M)
    Spencer Hawes (C, Washington)
    Corey Brewer (SF, Florida)
    Yi Jianlian (C, China)

As you can see, there's a lot of size in this years draft. Because of this, I think this is the year we should ship out JO and try to get a high pick in the draft. But thats not what this thread is about, so moving on.

I could easily see both Oden and Durant staying in school after this year. Oden has said since he was in high school he wanted a college education, and lately there has been talk about Durant possibly wanting another year to develop. Brandan Wright is another guy I could see staying. I actually feel he is more likely to stay than go, but most websites feel he will declare for the draft. Acie Law IV is definitely the best PG this year, but I'm not sure he is top 10 material. There's a good chance he will be drafted there though because someone will need a PG. Corey Brewer is a guy that has a lot of potential and will likely be drafted higher because of it. He has been compared to Tayshaun Prince.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartlandFan View Post
    I could easily see both Oden and Durant staying in school after this year.
    It said in an article on RealGM a couple of days ago that Durant had already promised his teammates he was coming back next year...he said he also wanted to stay in college to improve his game more. I can't put the link on here because they have already taken it off their site.

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    No it wasn't. We'd be just as well off w/ Tinsley as w/ any of those guys.
    We'd be better off with Bender than Tinsley.... cuz Bender was always on the bench letting his legend grow. Tinsley keeps getting minutes this season and his reputation is sinking fast (unfortunately, his shots are not sinking).

Shawne Williams does look like he could be a player in the NBA so HOPEFULLY that means he was worth skipping PG's to get him. But that doesn't mean we can't address the PG position. Tinsley must go... away... as...soon... as... possible... if not sooner.

We also should be getting Williams minutes and not storing him away on the bench. If we're not going to develop him then we should've went with a PG that we would've been forced to use... and last year's draft certainly had it's share of PG's for us to choose from.

Get Tinsley gone!

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

ACIE LAW THE FOURTH.

If he is available and the Pacers take anyone not named Durant, Oden or some of that ilk, then they should just give up on doing the whole draft thing.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Slade View Post

Splitter and Fernandez are both risks in terms of getting them to actually join your team if you draft them.

Seems like the top 6 are just about set - Oden, Durant, Wright, Wright, Horford, Noah. After that I think it's hard to be sure, there are some gambles that teams might like to take.

Plus we still don't know 100% that someone like Oden is even coming out.

BTW, another reason not to tank, if you get the top 10 pick this year then you lose it next year when more PGs appear to be coming out. It's only top 8 protected next season, so the Pacers could struggle trying to rebuild with the draft pick of this year only to see their #9 spot go to Atlanta next year instead. Goodbye Mike Conley, Collison or Crittenton (whomever, heck even Eric Gordan maybe).

If you lose the pick this year, then next year even a 14-15th pick might yield a pretty solid PG with all that backcourt depth.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    BTW, another reason not to tank, if you get the top 10 pick this year then you lose it next year when more PGs appear to be coming out. It's only top 8 protected next season, so the Pacers could struggle trying to rebuild with the draft pick of this year only to see their #9 spot go to Atlanta next year instead. Goodbye Mike Conley, Collison or Crittenton (whomever, heck even Eric Gordan maybe).

If you lose the pick this year, then next year even a 14-15th pick might yield a pretty solid PG with all that backcourt depth.
    And I believe it gets worse every season, to the point where we lose a #1 pick to Atlanta sometime in the future. I'd rather give them the #14 pick now and try to trade for a any other pick if we really want one.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    And I believe it gets worse every season, to the point where we lose a #1 pick to Atlanta sometime in the future. I'd rather give them the #14 pick now and try to trade for a any other pick if we really want one.
    I just posted this in one of the tank threads (where you linked to this one ).

Top 10
    Top 8
    Top 5
    no protection

You look at the backcourt guys apparently coming out NEXT year vs Acie Law this year. Is Law really better than Conley? Or Crittenden? What if Bayless comes out and has a solid Fr year with ARZ and moves into the 10-15 range and looks better than Law?

Right now Acie is not a slam dunk and few solutions this year appear to have the Pacers winning more next year. That means a higher pick next year if that's the case, one that could be used to better improve the PG situation (or even the SG spot). So people would rather have the Pacers tank this year AND give up that pick next year?

Me, I'll take playoffs and then a Law caliber PG next year instead.

23 of the last 100 top ten draft picks have made the All-Star team.

Dwight Howard, LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosh, Dwane Wade, Yao Ming, Amare Stoudamire, Caron Butler, Pau Gasol, Joe Johnson, Kenyon Martin, Elton Brand, Steve Francis, Baron Davis, Richard Hamilton, Shawn Marion, Antawn Jamison, Vince Carter, Dirk Nowitzki, Paul Pierce, Tim Duncan, Chauncey Billups & Tracy McGrady.

Should I list the 76 who haven't and about 70 of who never will. There is a greater chance the Pacers will end up with a dud than a stud. Meaning a guy like Fortson over a guy like LeBron, there are of course more guys like Dunleavy and Jamal Crawford than truely great players and guys who ended up nowhere.

So if we tank the season and go lottery, the pick dealt to Atlanta is lottery protected.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

I consume tiny briefs Robobtowncolt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aceace View Post
    So if we tank the season and go lottery, the pick dealt to Atlanta is lottery protected.
    The pick is Top 10 protected.
    Narf!

I am anti-tank, so I'm all gung-ho for the playoffs. I hope we try to move into the draft this summer though. If we could get Acie Law (I think this kid is the real deal) I be estatic. NBA draft.net has him listed at 13th overall. I think he'd take a drop like that as an insult. This guy is easily the second best player in the Big 12, outside of Durant. that game were he hung, what, 23 and 15 assists on Texas was amazing.

The guy is a solid ball handler who can work in half court or running offense, depending on if we keep Rick, and he loves to have the ball in crunch time. We REALLY need someone who can step up and take the big shots. Guys like JO, Danny, just don't cut it. Not yet at least.

We could us Tinsley to try and trade up in the draft, killing two birds with one stone. I mean, we are sick of him here, but really, how many PG's out there put up better numbers? And I'm sure some of his struggles are from Rick's offense and control. I think we could use Tins/Harrison to get Law/ vet 2-guard from someone in the top 15.

Just something to think about.

Sports Logo

Even if we somehow get the 10th pick....given the tremendous lack of depth at the PG spot in the 2007 draft....I would be surprised if Acie Law drops that far. Isn't he the only PG that has gotten ANY attention in the draft?

Some team that has no need for a frontcourt player will draft Acie Law....and given the luck that we have had in the Draft.....I wouldn't be surprised if TPTB end up picking some PF or SF since we have alot of depth in the frontcourt
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if TPTB end up picking some PF or SF since we have alot of depth in the frontcourt
    I remember reading a lot of articles before the season and almost every article talked about how we just have a ton of swingmen...

I really hope if we do get in the top 10 that we pick up someone other than a forward. I would even be happy if we could get a legit center.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by indyman37 View Post
    I remember reading a lot of articles before the season and almost every article talked about how we just have a ton of swingmen...

I really hope if we do get in the top 10 that we pick up someone other than a forward. I would even be happy if we could get a legit center.
    Unless there is a sure-fire Legit Center that will definitely be a very solid player....then if given the choice between getting a Guard ( SG or PG ) and a Center.....I would much rather go with a Guard. Outside of the fact that we have little depth at the Guard rotation...I would much rather go with a Guard...obviously Acie Law ( if he is available ) or the best SG available. Getting a legit Bit Man PF/C appears to be more of a gamble and ( to tell you the truth ), I'm sick of gambling on players. I just want a Guard that I know will be a solid player.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.