Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pacers vs. Sixers Post-Game Thread: The Tank rolls on through Conseco...

Hybrid View

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Pacers vs. Sixers Post-Game Thread: The Tank rolls on through Conseco...

Honestly, I'm not too upset about tonight's loss. At least we played with some energy.

But, once again, we just don't have the talent to get it done.

8 losses in a row. Who thought it would get this bad, and how much worse will it get?

Default Re: Pacers vs. Sixers Post-Game Thread: The Tank rolls on through Conseco...

I wonder why Reggie bothered coming to the game.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Default Re: Pacers vs. Sixers Post-Game Thread: The Tank rolls on through Conseco...

Doesn't matter. I had a great time watching this game.

If Tins never sees the court again, I'll be fine.

Offseason = buh-bye, JO.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Offseason = buh-bye, JO.
    Please waive Tinsley.

Now.

And try to save JO from leaving.

Offseason = buh-bye, JO.
    A big Marv Albert HYYYYEEEEHHHHHHSSS to that!

i could only follow the box score, but I don't get why Jeff Foster and Ike Digou didn't play together more often than Murph and Digou, and even Baston, like Greene though...

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    i could only follow the box score, but I don't get why Jeff Foster and Ike Digou didn't play together more often than Murph and Digou, and even Baston, like Greene though...
    That's a somewhat easy one to answer...

Murphy (MDjr, and) Diogu are far more familiar w/each other on the floor than Foster/Diogu. Frankly, I thought the Pacers were far more effective w/the Murphy/Diogu combo than w/any other low-post pairing. Would loved to have seen Baston out there, but it just wasn't meant to be this night.

Something that really tic'd me off about this game was the obvious disparity in FT shouting...76ers: 28-33; Pacers: 10-13! I haven't seen the in-game stats as far as points in the paint are concerned, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Pacers outscored the 76ers in that category. And if so, can someone explain to me how a team wins this statistical battle and not get to the line? jerk refs.

Overall, I thought my boyz played a much better game tonight than any other game during this losing skid despite the lose. One adjustment I'd make if I were RC is start Diogu and keep Tinsley on the bench a few games just for GP!

I don't like moral victories but at least we competed and showed some spunk.

Here's some food for thought: Imagine all the players that JO could be traded for in the league....then imagine the outcome of last night's game with that player or players in the game.

If you are JO. Could you play on the same team as Ben Wallace? The man that in your mind ruined what was to be your best season?

Well, you can't waive a guy when you owe him tens of millions of dollars.

If Tins did something stupid, the Pacers could have T.O.'d his ***, and I would have been fine with that.

We can take on someone else in the offseason and waive them though.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Well, you can't waive a guy when you owe him tens of millions of dollars.

If Tins did something stupid, the Pacers could have T.O.'d his ***, and I would have been fine with that.

We can take on someone else in the offseason and waive them though.
    T.O. Tins!

Granger needs to start playing strong for us to win. He's way to passive. He needs to develop the go-to-guy mentality. Right now he's settling with just being a role player. He has a chance the next few games to be the man.

Ike did what he does when he gets minutes...score some points in the paint.

Harrison was actually a factor out there in the 1st half.

Dunleavy was solid on offense, but whoever he guarded on Philly became their mismatch and they converted time and time again.

McLeod and Greene both played really well and made cases to see more PT.

I would really like to see Daniels play with the group that played tonight. We win that game with a little more firepower from the backcourt.

21 games to go. Loss #9 coming tomorrow in Cleveland.

(One final thought: I don't even care anymore that we'd be helping the Bulls get a lot better. This summer we need to trade JO for a package that includes Ben Gordon. We desperately need a big shot guard and I could see Paxson parting with BG if it got them JO.)

Quote Originally Posted by bnd45 View Post
    (One final thought: I don't even care anymore that we'd be helping the Bulls get a lot better. This summer we need to trade JO for a package that includes Ben Gordon. We desperately need a big shot guard and I could see Paxson parting with BG if it got them JO.)
    To do a trade like that the Pacers would have to take back a large salary and the only player they have is Ben Wallace. Five million less per year but the same number of years. that would be the starting point.
    I seriosly doubt they would add BG to even out the trade. Maybe a cast off and a first round pick. Heck would they even want JO?
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    To do a trade like that the Pacers would have to take back a large salary and the only player they have is Ben Wallace. Five million less per year but the same number of years. that would be the starting point.
    I seriosly doubt they would add BG to even out the trade. Maybe a cast off and a first round pick. Heck would they even want JO?
    I would rather do a S&T with Chicago (IF we have to deal with them) for Hinrich, include something like P.J. Brown and I think your a lot closer allready then.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm pissed that Shawne still can't get off the bench.

Granger showed a moment of clutch there at the end. Very unusual for a guy with his level of experience. Another reason why he reminded me so much of Tay Prince when we drafted him. He's a rare 4th quarter player at his age - a lot like Tay was/is.

Granger showed a moment of clutch there at the end. Very unusual for a guy with his level of experience. Another reason why he reminded me so much of Tay Prince when we drafted him. He's a rare 4th quarter player at his age - a lot like Tay was/is.

Other than hitting those two very tough shots, Granger had a very bad night. He never played this bad as a rookie, and now he's done it in 6 or 7 consecutive games. Ever since Rick benched him for Shawne to have scoring off the bench...something's changed. I think it's his confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    Other than hitting those two very tough shots, Granger had a very bad night. He never played this bad as a rookie, and now he's done it in 6 or 7 consecutive games. Ever since Rick benched him for Shawne to have scoring off the bench...something's changed. I think it's his confidence.
    Really? I don't know - I don't think he's playing much differently, I just think his weaknesses are completely exposed when he plays with the second unit guys. I don't see a dramatic reduction in how he is playing the game, even if a statistical difference exists.

Danny seems fine to me. I'd like to hear what some lobo fans have to say about Danny the younger vs. Danny the elder.

Really? I don't know - I don't think he's playing much differently, I just think his weaknesses are completely exposed when he plays with the second unit guys. I don't see a dramatic reduction in how he is playing the game, even if a statistical difference exists.

Danny seems fine to me. I'd like to hear what some lobo fans have to say about Danny the younger vs. Danny the elder.

He's reverted to camping on the three-point line, and when he doesn't he goes to the goal with no control, which is also un-Granger-like. And on defense, I can't even count how many times he's lost his man in the past few games, or got caught up in a rotation. And in the past two games he's had trouble just dribbling the ball, and I've seen a couple of plays where he made no effort to go after it (though he redeemed himself with a hustle block tonight).

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    He's reverted to camping on the three-point line, and when he doesn't he goes to the goal with no control, which is also un-Granger-like. And on defense, I can't even count how many times he's lost his man in the past few games, or got caught up in a rotation. And in the past two games he's had trouble just dribbling the ball, and I've seen a couple of plays where he made no effort to go after it (though he redeemed himself with a hustle block tonight).
    Wow - I'll have to start paying more attention.

Seriously, I don't feel like we lost that game.

It's a weird feeling. the only "moral victory" I've ever really felt as a fan.

It felt kind of like watching the Pacers post-brawl, where you know you're outclassed, but your guys are playing hard anyway.

It is so much more enjoyable to watch Pacers basketball without Tinsley and JO on the court. Tinsley is just everything I hate in a basketball player... and it's even worse dealing with a player like that at PG. From attitude and demeanor to shot selection and decisions on the court... "Just get him gone".

If Rick's coaching the team then I'd prefer JO not be playing either. We can debate all day whether that is Rick's fault or JO's fault but that doesn't change how much more I enjoy watching the team when JO isn't an option. Our backcourt looks better... the shooting looks better... the other team has a harder time defending us. Players play in the flow of the game and with more interest when their role is more than cooling down behind the arc while they wait and see what JO is going to do.

I got to watch the 1st half and the last few minutes of the 4th and I really don't have many complaints or questions. We were able to run some. We made Philly play defense and kept them guessing most of the shot clock (for what I watched). We showed some effort and heart (I thought). It's not like this group has had much time to play together as-is. And adding Daniels could give them another dimension.

Sit Tinsley the rest of the year as far as I'm concerned.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    It is so much more enjoyable to watch Pacers basketball without Tinsley and JO on the court. Tinsley is just everything I hate in a basketball player... and it's even worse dealing with a player like that at PG. From attitude and demeanor to shot selection and decisions on the court... "Just get him gone".

If Rick's coaching the team then I'd prefer JO not be playing either. We can debate all day whether that is Rick's fault or JO's fault but that doesn't change how much more I enjoy watching the team when JO isn't an option. Our backcourt looks better... the shooting looks better... the other team has a harder time defending us. Players play in the flow of the game and with more interest when their role is more than cooling down behind the arc while they wait and see what JO is going to do.

I got to watch the 1st half and the last few minutes of the 4th and I really don't have many complaints or questions. We were able to run some. We made Philly play defense and kept them guessing most of the shot clock (for what I watched). We showed so effort and heart (I thought). It's not like this group has had much time to play together as-is. And adding Daniels could give them another dimension.

Sit Tinsley the rest of the year as far as I'm concerned.

-Bball

I wish we would.

Wow I was like 10 when the Pacers had this long of a losing streak.
    My daughter is just a year younger than that now

Why Not Us ?