Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 76 to 97 of 97

Thread: Tinsley suspended

  1. #76
    Member RWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,346

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's funny....I just picture DD and Best carrying their carry-on luggage running after the plane like a kid running after his school bus.
    Having trouble finding the story, but there was this reference by Bball from way back. So I'm not the only one that remembers this. http://www.pacersdigest.com/articles/bball090103.php

    Maybe what we know now is that Larry Bird is not just a figurehead. It appears he is bound and determined to focus and mold this team into his vision of an NBA contender. And the work begins yesterday, not some random moving point off in the future. It will be interesting seeing how Pacer fans, and in particular fans of Donnie Walsh, accept this new direction. If these past few days are indictative of what we can expect in the future, then the future will be looking much differently. I think we can expect a shorter leash. Larry Bird is the man who left Dale Davis and Travis Best behind because they were a few moments late for a team flight.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  2. #77
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,363

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Having trouble finding the story, but there was this reference by Bball from way back. So I'm not the only one that remembers this. http://www.pacersdigest.com/articles/bball090103.php

    Maybe what we know now is that Larry Bird is not just a figurehead. It appears he is bound and determined to focus and mold this team into his vision of an NBA contender. And the work begins yesterday, not some random moving point off in the future. It will be interesting seeing how Pacer fans, and in particular fans of Donnie Walsh, accept this new direction. If these past few days are indictative of what we can expect in the future, then the future will be looking much differently. I think we can expect a shorter leash. Larry Bird is the man who left Dale Davis and Travis Best behind because they were a few moments late for a team flight.
    Shows what I know... the man that left DD and Best behind because they were a few minutes late doesn't seem to have much say or control over things afterall. And I'm back to wondering if Bird is just a figurehead afterall.

    But yes, I remember the story but in case no one wants to believe that then how about this:
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Bird's approach makes him a top coach
    by TOM ENLUND

    It did not take long for Larry Bird, the rookie coach, to make an impression on his Indiana Pacers basketball team.

    Back in October, the Pacers were headed to Nashville, Tenn., for an exhibition game. Guard Travis Best and forward Dale Davis, running a few minutes late, had parked their cars and were hurriedly walking to the team plane.

    But when the departure time arrived, Bird ordered the steps to the plane to be lifted up. The door closed and the plane taxied down the runway, leaving Best and Davis standing on the tarmac. See ya. The two Pacers sought out a commercial flight. Bird made his point. "That's not the only time he's done that," guard Mark Jackson said Sunday after the Pacers defeated the Milwaukee Bucks, 93-92. "You've got to respect that."

    The skeptics had a field day back in May when the Pacers hired Bird to replace Larry Brown. The great former players never make good coaches, they said. Bird was hired merely to sell a few more tickets to the curiosity-seekers in his home Hoosier state, they contended.

    The Generation X players would drive Bird nuts. When the Pacers started 2-5, the "I-told-you-so's" abounded. But now here is Bird, with only two weeks left in the regular season, a leading candidate for National Basketball Association coach of the year honors as his team jousts with Miami for the second-best record in the Eastern Conference.

    This from a team that won 39 games last season. "It's been a lot of fun," Jackson said. "He makes the game so much easier. He's just done a phenomenal job. There's no question he's the coach of the year in the NBA." Said Bucks coach Chris Ford: "He's got a good group to work with here. Offensively, they've got a good working machine. They're playing better defense than in past years. And they're healthy this year."

    Bird has carved his niche with a bluntly honest, no-nonsense approach. He has suggested that the Pacers dump their charter aircraft and go back to flying commercial because it would toughen up the players. He has told the local reporters to get more negative when the team is playing badly. He threatened not to coach the Eastern Conference team in the All-Star Game, only to recant later. And yes, he's the guy who won't sing on the "Be Like Mike" commercial. Bird remains low-key partly, he said, because he played for coaches who ranted and raved. He didn't appreciate it. To Bird, a yelling and screaming coach on the sideline is an indicator of a team that is not prepared.

    The players, with ears still ringing from the Larry Brown era, have responded. "His demeanor is a fine line between stern and being lenient," guard Jalen Rose said. "He's the kind of person who'll pretty much tell you what he expects of you. Yet he'll support you through thick and thin." Said center Rik Smits, "Everybody has a great amount of respect for him. Not only for the player he was, but for the great work ethic he has." Don't let the low-key demeanor fool you, though. He is opinionated. On many subjects: The league in general: "Our league is going MTV and that's what's wrong with it. That's what our league has turned into. A soft MTV league."

    Players today: "They don't like it when you push them hard. But you've got to if you want success." Salaries: "Money was always a big part of things. . . . But now we're talking about guys who get so much money they don't ever have to do anything again." And, with tongue in cheek, on why there are so many former Celtics who are now coaches:"Because they don't have anything else to do."

    One of those is Ford, who spent some time with Bird in Boston as a teammate and a coach. He did not see a coach in the making back then. "I don't think he was interested at that time," Ford said. "At least at the pro level." As it has turned out, though, Bird has made a mark in the professional coaching fraternity in one short season. Miami coach Pat Riley admitted that he had stolen some of Bird's repertoire and said he would like to sit down and talk to Bird about coaching. That won't happen. "He's a Laker," Bird said. Which is an attitude that is consistent with Bird's general approach to his position. "I didn't get into this job to make friends," he said. "I got into this job to get results

    http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...6/ai_n10424425
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  3. #78
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,912

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I remember being about 4 minutes late for a team bus because I had to go #2 in the absolute WORST way.

    I'm glad I cleared the space, because I needed room for my coaches' foot.

    It took over a year before people stopped giving me a hard time about it.

    One minute late = sore for days from sprints and push-ups.


    Well, that might be more info than we really need. But none-the-less your discrption is very memorable.

  4. #79
    Member Dr. Goldfoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,428

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by larry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    .
    Hahahaha, no team wants him!! He is no longer NBA level talent.




    You do realize only 11 players in the NBA average more points and assists than Jamaal Tinsley, right.

  5. #80
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,020

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    Funny you don't mention TO's and shooting percentages though.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  6. #81

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by Elgin56 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sorry, I guess that I would have higher standards for players than you, but to basically sell your soul to have a championship caliber of team is both sad and morally bankrupt.

    Who is trying to sell their soul? I think they just want to sell tickets... Maybe they sold the soul of this team for nice guys so people would come back to the games and watch them lose?

    And yeah, I for one, would rather have good players with bad attitudes than nice guys who aren't very good.

    Here is a good question for you. Why do you watch Pacers basketball? Is it to watch the team win games? Or for some kind of moral affirmation that, somewhere out there, pro sports players can be decent, upstanding human beings? What do you want to see this team accomplish? Do you want to see them win games or be role models for the youths of Indiana?

    I don't give 2 flying rips about what these guys do in their own time. I just want to see talented players playing as a team.

    I also think you are not going to find too many pro sports players who meet your high standards of moral decency...

    anyway good luck enjoying the team

  7. #82
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,635

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Funny you don't mention TO's and shooting percentages though.
    True, but I'm guessing the Goldfoot is just bring the statement "no one wants him" back to reality.

    AI doesn't see the interest in him from other teams impacted by being late, refusing to practice, having run ins with the law (including house arrest, so worse than Tins), having a low FG% or turning the ball over a lot himself.

    People ignore ALL of that and say "he scores a lot and now he's added assists, he's one of the greatest". Well he's one of the greatest like Tinsley is near-AS caliber, as in "not". But people still see it that way despite those issues.

    I think there is a market for Tins for sure.



    I recall the Dale story and I'm pretty sure it was Travis that was with him.


    Maybe after all of this crap the problem that Reggie mentioned on TNT after Ron was moved (that there were still issues in the lockerroom) was actually Tinsley.

    Think about this, Jackson came back and blew up the Pacers in a huge Warriors win. After the game he went and HUGGED Rick. Not handshake, not "good game coach", a freaking hug like he really liked RC as a person.

    My guess with him remains as always that he was passionate and foolish about his emotions, but that he did care. OTOH Tinsley has often been questioned on his passion for the game including me posting some photos after the MIA win to start last season when Saras hit the clinching bucket with Tins on the bench showing not only no interest, but possibly even contempt.


    I think the team really needs to change direction at the PG because I just think he has no interest in being here or playing for the Pacers.

  8. #83
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,244

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think there is a market for Tins for sure.
    I hope this is the case....I just have no idea what his asking price is.

    How much do you value Tinsley?

    Would you give him up for a bag of chips?

    or

    Do you expect something back in return that is somewhat decent?

    Given his contract...I think that its gonna be hard to move him....without taking back something bad...like an equally bad contract or problem child.

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the team really needs to change direction at the PG because I just think he has no interest in being here or playing for the Pacers.
    I'm thinking that this is closer to the truth then not......this may not be true for all people....but when you have employees that come in late....or seems to have an "indifferent" attitude ( there's that word ).....something just doesn't seem right.....its like he's doing his job...but simply going through the motions....which can often lead to mistakes. For person working in a regular job....this may manifest in a person missing deadlines....for a starting PG...it may translate into lazy passes that result in turnovers. This doesn't mean that he doesn't try...I just don't get the sense that he's playing at 100% all the time.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  9. #84
    Member Dr. Goldfoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,428

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Funny you don't mention TO's and shooting percentages though.
    I also didn't mention he averages .002 more turnovers a game than JO or that only 5 guys on the roster are shooting over 45%. His shooting % is reflective of the offense the Pacers run. His turnover's aren't as high as you want them to be.

  10. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    763

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by Burtrem Redneck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who is trying to sell their soul? I think they just want to sell tickets... Maybe they sold the soul of this team for nice guys so people would come back to the games and watch them lose?

    And yeah, I for one, would rather have good players with bad attitudes than nice guys who aren't very good.

    Here is a good question for you. Why do you watch Pacers basketball? Is it to watch the team win games? Or for some kind of moral affirmation that, somewhere out there, pro sports players can be decent, upstanding human beings? What do you want to see this team accomplish? Do you want to see them win games or be role models for the youths of Indiana?

    I don't give 2 flying rips about what these guys do in their own time. I just want to see talented players playing as a team.

    I also think you are not going to find too many pro sports players who meet your high standards of moral decency...

    anyway good luck enjoying the team

    I disagree totally with you, it is possible to have good players with good attitudes, and as fans we should except nothing less. The Pacers can win games and also be role models, and at the very least stay off the most wanted list. I don't consider my moral standards any higher than most fans, so for you to say my standards are too high for many pro sports players is a cop out.

    I think that attitudes like yours is what got the Pacers into the trouble that they find themselves in now. I am not saying that you are a bad person for putting winning at all cost above everything else, just misguided.

    I don't want to see Pacer players removing their ankle bracelets to play a game ,and put them back on after the game. Think about it, that is what you are advocating.

  11. #86
    Member larry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    37
    Posts
    850

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Goldfoot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You do realize only 11 players in the NBA average more points and assists than Jamaal Tinsley, right.
    I don't go by numbers. They can always be twisted in either direction.
    Either, Tom Brady never lost a dome game or the Colts won the last 2 games over the Pats.
    Which is it?
    Well, that is just a quick example of how you can twist numbers.
    Neither fact made a damn bit of difference in the AFC title game this year.
    Where Tins ranks statistically won't make a damn bit of difference the next Pacer game, either.
    I've watched every game & have seen enough to make that statement.
    I'm fairly sure opposing coaches aren't gearing up to stop him.
    I do bet that they make it a point to tell their team to attack the Pacers' perimeter D & get to the rack.

    If I did go by numbers, I would say that Tins probably leads the league in bad conduct & bar fights.

    But hey, lets keep him around because as the starting point guard he has everybody on the same page.
    As a veteran leader & the guy w/ the ball in his hands most of time he is setting a great example.
    I mean he has been leading us to allot of impressive wins as of late.
    It is amazing to witness how hard he tries on D.
    Wow, he really just leaves it all out there every single time!!
    Not to mention, his great spirit & enthusiasm for this team & the game.
    Tins just glows & shines like a beacon of hope to all of us blessed fans that get to watch him play.
    All this work for a measly salary that can barely cover the drinks he orders at the bars that he fights in.

    1 - 2, Tinsley's coming for you.
    3 - 4, You're not a team no more.
    5 - 6, He's gonna plead the 5th.
    7 - 8, He's gonna stay out late.




  12. #87
    Protect the Promise. HOOPFANATIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Anderson
    Age
    50
    Posts
    258

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by Elgin56 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sorry, I guess that I would have higher standards for players than you, but to basically sell your soul to have a championship caliber of team is both sad and morally bankrupt.
    I'm sorry, but I'm just a fan of the game itself, and the goal of the Pacers should be to put together a team that will win. I do not feel it is my place to judge the players morals or character. I myself have been to a strip club before, and been out until three oclock in the morning before I had to go to work, and I've also been late to work multiple times. So I'm not selling my soul, I'm just not throwing stones.

  13. #88
    Member RWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,346

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by HOOPFANATIC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I myself have been to a strip club before, and been out until three oclock in the morning before I had to go to work, and I've also been late to work multiple times.
    Welcome to PD Mel Mel.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  14. #89
    Member Roferr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    70
    Posts
    562

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by HOOPFANATIC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sorry, but I'm just a fan of the game itself, and the goal of the Pacers should be to put together a team that will win. I do not feel it is my place to judge the players morals or character. I myself have been to a strip club before, and been out until three oclock in the morning before I had to go to work, and I've also been late to work multiple times. So I'm not selling my soul, I'm just not throwing stones.
    You wear your tardiness as a badge of honor.

    I've been to strip clubs, stayed out until 3 in the morning but always prided myself on being punctual. Your reputation proceeds you. I know people that's not been late more than very times, for anything, for 30 years.

    There should be no reason for being late when you're making that kind of money unless it's been pre-approved. Hell, these guys can afford personal attendants to get them out of bed and to the field house on time.
    .

  15. #90
    Protect the Promise. HOOPFANATIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Anderson
    Age
    50
    Posts
    258

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by Roferr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You wear your tardiness as a badge of honor.

    I've been to strip clubs, stayed out until 3 in the morning but always prided myself on being punctual. Your reputation proceeds you. I know people that's not been late more than very times, for anything, for 30 years.

    There should be no reason for being late when you're making that kind of money unless it's been pre-approved. Hell, these guys can afford personal attendants to get them out of bed and to the field house on time.
    Nobody said anything about being proud of being late I merely said I'd been there, and done that. Hell I've gotten written up about it too. You think that something to be proud of. I will say as I've gotten older I've gotten wiser and those days are far far in the past. I am confused as to why how much money you make determines your punctuality. As many don't understand we are not all the same, rich executives, rich actors, and rich musicians, have rates of punctuality like the rest of us.

  16. #91
    Member Roferr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    70
    Posts
    562

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by HOOPFANATIC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nobody said anything about being proud of being late I merely said I'd been there, and done that. Hell I've gotten written up about it too. You think that something to be proud of. I will say as I've gotten older I've gotten wiser and those days are far far in the past. I am confused as to why how much money you make determines your punctuality. As many don't understand we are not all the same, rich executives, rich actors, and rich musicians, have rates of punctuality like the rest of us.

    Glad to see that wisdom comes with age.

    On the money note, these guys make enough money to have personal trainers, chefs, agents, and tons of hanger-ons....surely one of these can be responsible for getting a primma donna to work on time. Hell, he could be paid 200 grand a year just to make sure the guy wakes up or gets to places on time.
    .

  17. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    763

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by Roferr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Glad to see that wisdom comes with age.

    On the money note, these guys make enough money to have personal trainers, chefs, agents, and tons of hanger-ons....surely one of these can be responsible for getting a primma donna to work on time. Hell, he could be paid 200 grand a year just to make sure the guy wakes up or gets to places on time.

    These prima donnas, have the Elvis syndrome, they don't listen to anyone and continue to do what they want to do, no matter what it will cost them in health or wealth.

  18. #93
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,706

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    I agree with all of ya, whip them in place those lazy .........























    I AM joking, were you ?
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  19. #94
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,020

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Goldfoot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    or that only 5 guys on the roster are shooting over 45%. His shooting % is reflective of the offense the Pacers run.
    Yeah, because Jamaal shot so well when Isiah was still here coaching the team...

    Not too mention he doesn't come close to beying a little under 45% (I wish that were the case).

    Also typical that whenever Dun Dun has a bad scoring night you mention it and sort of blame him, but when Jamaal has several you come up with explenations how it's the coach's fault .

    I really don't get that, so what am I missing (not beying sarcastic but serious here)?

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  20. #95
    Member Dr. Goldfoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,428

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    I had this long post with stats and what not but i deleted it. I always blame Carlisle first and foremost. Tinsley's shooting percentages reflect that he's not a great shooter. On the other hand, I can list like 20 other point guards who are in the same boat (shooting less than 42%). By the way, the difference between a 39% and 42% shooter who takes 10-15 shots a night over the course of a season is around 30 field goals (a basket every 3 games). The same with turnover's. A large percentage of starting point guards turn it over around 2 and half times a game, it's the downfall of having the ball in your hands every possession. Some guys turn it over more than Tinsley, like Arenas and Nash. It doesn't make him turnover prone.

    I don't remember ever blaming anyone but Carlisle for a loss. I don't like Dunleavy and I hate the ambiguous "Basketball IQ". Jamaal's role on the team isn't to score. Mike Dunleavy's role IS. If Tinsley can come up with 15-20 points that's gravy. Mike Dunleavy is supposed to come up with 15-20 every night. He's really supposed to when Daniels and JO are out. So are Granger and Murphy.

    What you're missing is.... I will always comment against outlandish statements.

    All of our point guards are having trouble with penetration and that dates back to and includes Mark Jackson.

    Ike Diogu is a force inside...Ike is shooting .418 from the block.

    Maceo Baston should play more... Maceo has 2 more rebounds than fouls.

    Foster can't make a shot...only Baston and Harrison have higher shooting percentages.

    JO is god...JO has missed like 75 games the last three seasons.

    Darrell Armstrong should start...DA is playing 15 minutes a night and running out of gas and only shooting .415 for the year.

    Troy Murphy is a 15 and 10 guy....

    Lately Jamaal has been getting the brunt and I'm just being "counterpoint"

    fire carlisle

  21. #96
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Woodside,NY
    Age
    33
    Posts
    281

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Goldfoot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I had this long post with stats and what not but i deleted it. I always blame Carlisle first and foremost. Tinsley's shooting percentages reflect that he's not a great shooter. On the other hand, I can list like 20 other point guards who are in the same boat (shooting less than 42%). By the way, the difference between a 39% and 42% shooter who takes 10-15 shots a night over the course of a season is around 30 field goals (a basket every 3 games). The same with turnover's. A large percentage of starting point guards turn it over around 2 and half times a game, it's the downfall of having the ball in your hands every possession. Some guys turn it over more than Tinsley, like Arenas and Nash. It doesn't make him turnover prone.

    I don't remember ever blaming anyone but Carlisle for a loss. I don't like Dunleavy and I hate the ambiguous "Basketball IQ". Jamaal's role on the team isn't to score. Mike Dunleavy's role IS. If Tinsley can come up with 15-20 points that's gravy. Mike Dunleavy is supposed to come up with 15-20 every night. He's really supposed to when Daniels and JO are out. So are Granger and Murphy.

    What you're missing is.... I will always comment against outlandish statements.

    All of our point guards are having trouble with penetration and that dates back to and includes Mark Jackson.

    Ike Diogu is a force inside...Ike is shooting .418 from the block.

    Maceo Baston should play more... Maceo has 2 more rebounds than fouls.

    Foster can't make a shot...only Baston and Harrison have higher shooting percentages.

    JO is god...JO has missed like 75 games the last three seasons.

    Darrell Armstrong should start...DA is playing 15 minutes a night and running out of gas and only shooting .415 for the year.

    Troy Murphy is a 15 and 10 guy....

    Lately Jamaal has been getting the brunt and I'm just being "counterpoint"

    fire carlisle
    Now thats a rant.

  22. #97
    Member Roferr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    70
    Posts
    562

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree with all of ya, whip them in place those lazy .........























    I AM joking, were you ?
    Innuendo?

    Joking about what?
    .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •