Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 97

Thread: Tinsley suspended

  1. #51
    Member NorCal_Pacerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,919

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    Maybe Tinsley should come off the bench for a while. Damn I would love that.
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

  2. #52
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,935

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK, that went so over my head, I'm almost afraid to admit it.

    Somebody please explain what all that means.

    I don't get it either.

  3. #53
    Banned PacerMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,132

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The rumor going around the fieldhouse was that Jamaal gave Rick some sort of chart that had 100 P's on the top half with 79 of them circled, and the bottom half had 100 C's with 79 of those circled, too. Apparently this caused some words between the two.

    Not sure of the validity of that rumor, though.....
    What does that mean?

  4. #54
    Banned PacerMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,132

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shawne's what? 19?
    Just turned 21 last month.

  5. #55
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,822

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  6. #56
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The rumor going around the fieldhouse was that Jamaal gave Rick some sort of chart that had 100 P's on the top half with 79 of them circled, and the bottom half had 100 C's with 79 of those circled, too. Apparently this caused some words between the two.

    Not sure of the validity of that rumor, though.....



    Perfect. Just perfect.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  7. #57
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,564

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    Did we ever find out what Tinsley actually did to get the suspension...or are we speculating that it was Tinsley's tardiness that warranted the suspension?

    If Tinsley was truly suspended for "excessive tardiness"....why not publicly announce it as that...as opposed to "conduct detrimental to the team"?

    If I konw that he was suspended for "being late to practice"....PR wise....that doesn't sound as "negative" as compared to "conduct detrimental to the team"...which ( to a common fan...without any official clarification ) could mean anything as stupid as "being late to practice" to something as bad as "getting into an argument with the coach or teammates".
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  8. #58
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    Or, when Artest was benched for "conduct detrimental to winning", it was for selfish shot selection.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  9. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Evansville, IN
    Posts
    1,078

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did we ever find out what Tinsley actually did to get the suspension...or are we speculating that it was Tinsley's tardiness that warranted the suspension?

    If Tinsley was truly suspended for "excessive tardiness"....why not publicly announce it as that...as opposed to "conduct detrimental to the team"?

    If I konw that he was suspended for "being late to practice"....PR wise....that doesn't sound as "negative" as compared to "conduct detrimental to the team"...which ( to a common fan...without any official clarification ) could mean anything as stupid as "being late to practice" to something as bad as "getting into an argument with the coach or teammates".
    mike wells on indy stars pacers insider said tinsley continually showed up late for practice - supposedly it has been going on for a couple years now.

  10. #60
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,762

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I konw that he was suspended for "being late to practice"....PR wise....that doesn't sound as "negative" as compared to "conduct detrimental to the team"...which ( to a common fan...without any official clarification ) could mean anything as stupid as "being late to practice" to something as bad as "getting into an argument with the coach or teammates".

    I would argue that being late to practice is worse than getting into an argument with a teammate or even a coach. Of course it depends on to what degree. If he's 2 minutes late one time - that isn't any big deal. But if he's constantly late and doesn't seem to care - that has a very detrimental effect on the entire team - seeing that he's in a leadership position as the starting point guard.

    An argument with a teammate isn't that big of a deal as long as it doesn't happen all the time or as long as it doesn't esculate into something more.

    Even an argument with a coach, especially if it is "in the heat of the moment" isn't that big a deal unless it happens all the time.

    Coming late is disrespectful to everyone in the organization. From the trainers who have to get the player 'ready for practice" to the head coach who has a very specific practice schedule

  11. #61
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,022

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would argue that being late to practice is worse than getting into an argument with a teammate or even a coach. Of course it depends on to what degree. If he's 2 minutes late one time - that isn't any big deal. But if he's constantly late and doesn't seem to care - that has a very detrimental effect on the entire team - seeing that he's in a leadership position as the starting point guard.

    An argument with a teammate isn't that big of a deal as long as it doesn't happen all the time or as long as it doesn't esculate into something more.

    Even an argument with a coach, especially if it is "in the heat of the moment" isn't that big a deal unless it happens all the time.

    Coming late is disrespectful to everyone in the organization. From the trainers who have to get the player 'ready for practice" to the head coach who has a very specific practice schedule
    I will add....

    The reason for the tardiness is important as well... be it once or be it several times. Since it is now being reported this wasn't just a one time issue then it gets more serious. For whatever reason, our starting PG has more important (to him) things to do rather than be prepared to practice and show up on time.

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  12. #62
    Member larry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    36
    Posts
    834

    Thumbs down Re: Tinsley suspended

    Go read my post (or rant) about how we should have flat out fired Tins after his 2nd bar/club incident this year.
    I was ticked because I had just watched the Bird & Walsh 1 on 1 clips on Pacers.com.

    I just couldn't digest Bird saying that he wouldn't cut Tins, because another team would pick him up & he would come back to beat us.
    Hahahaha, no team wants him!! He is no longer NBA level talent.
    I'm glad this losing streak & suspension have happened, because I think TPTB deserve this team.
    They have been such Pansies by letting these guys get away with such horrible behavior.
    I wanted to say getting away with murder, but that is the next logical step & I would feel too ironic.
    F this team!! I never thought I would say this but...

    and I qoute...

    "Hey Bird, grow some balls & fire this mofo!!"

    Jesus, can we got Trump in this ******?!?

    Tins does have great ball handling skills & a nice eye for dishing.

    However, he is so slow now his ball handling skills don't mean much.
    His great vision is hampered by his sacred game night tradition of throwing the full court pass into the stands & killing any hopes of a Pacer comeback.
    Comeback?
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that we are obviously down 15 or 20 in the 3rd, because we still start slow. Hmmmmmmmm.

    Btw:

    His shot sucks, his back court D is the worst in the entire NBA,
    & even the die hard fans that have defended his off court actions now have to realize he is a locker room NIGHTMARE!!!!

    *SINGS*.

    1 - 2, Tinsley's coming for you.
    3 - 4, You're not a team no more.
    5 - 6, He's gonna plead the 5th.
    7 - 8, He's gonna stay out late.
    1 - 2, Tinsley's coming for you.
    3 - 4, You're not a team no more.
    5 - 6, He's gonna plead the 5th.
    7 - 8, He's gonna stay out late.




  13. #63
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,564

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would argue that being late to practice is worse than getting into an argument with a teammate or even a coach. Of course it depends on to what degree. If he's 2 minutes late one time - that isn't any big deal. But if he's constantly late and doesn't seem to care - that has a very detrimental effect on the entire team - seeing that he's in a leadership position as the starting point guard.

    An argument with a teammate isn't that big of a deal as long as it doesn't happen all the time or as long as it doesn't esculate into something more.

    Even an argument with a coach, especially if it is "in the heat of the moment" isn't that big a deal unless it happens all the time.

    Coming late is disrespectful to everyone in the organization. From the trainers who have to get the player 'ready for practice" to the head coach who has a very specific practice schedule
    Don't get me wrong....I'm not saying that being "tardy" isn't a bad thing...or that he should be allowed to slide on this matter......I'm just saying that from a PR POV.....or at least the way I view it ( and its just an opinion )....giving a specific reason like "being late for school" to the public....has less of a PR impact to the public perception of Tinsley then a general blanket statement like "conduct detrimental to the team"....which....to the common fan....could mean anything.

    My first reaction to hearing that it was "conduct detrimental" to the team was "great, WTF did he do now?". Maybe its me....but given the Pacers level of fan appreciation for Tinsley ( or lack there of ).....being more specific about his suspension ( at least in this case and in the current climate ) would have allowed for less "negative" speculation by the fans ( which is something we don't need now ) on why he was suspended ( like our initial speculating that he was out drinking with Shawne or that he was smokin the MJ ).
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  14. #64
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,233

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would argue that being late to practice is worse than getting into an argument with a teammate or even a coach. Of course it depends on to what degree. If he's 2 minutes late one time - that isn't any big deal. But if he's constantly late and doesn't seem to care - that has a very detrimental effect on the entire team - seeing that he's in a leadership position as the starting point guard.

    An argument with a teammate isn't that big of a deal as long as it doesn't happen all the time or as long as it doesn't esculate into something more.

    Even an argument with a coach, especially if it is "in the heat of the moment" isn't that big a deal unless it happens all the time.

    Coming late is disrespectful to everyone in the organization. From the trainers who have to get the player 'ready for practice" to the head coach who has a very specific practice schedule
    QFT

    The fact that they have done nothing about it when it's apparently been going on for YEARS greatly troubles me.

  15. #65
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,316

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    QFT

    The fact that they have done nothing about it when it's apparently been going on for YEARS greatly troubles me.
    Hard to understand how this got out of control. I still remember Bird leaving Dale Davis on the tarmac at the airport for running late. It maybe difficult, but it is time to put the Genie back into the bottle.

    Treat the men who respect the team with respect and those that don't can go set in a corner.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  16. #66
    Protect the Promise. HOOPFANATIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Anderson
    Age
    50
    Posts
    258

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would argue that being late to practice is worse than getting into an argument with a teammate or even a coach. Of course it depends on to what degree. If he's 2 minutes late one time - that isn't any big deal. But if he's constantly late and doesn't seem to care - that has a very detrimental effect on the entire team - seeing that he's in a leadership position as the starting point guard.

    An argument with a teammate isn't that big of a deal as long as it doesn't happen all the time or as long as it doesn't esculate into something more.

    Even an argument with a coach, especially if it is "in the heat of the moment" isn't that big a deal unless it happens all the time.

    Coming late is disrespectful to everyone in the organization. From the trainers who have to get the player 'ready for practice" to the head coach who has a very specific practice schedule
    I'm sorry, but an NBA team is not like a high school, or even college organization. It is a corporate business.....period, and furthermore the employees are unionized.
    Like it or not the Pacers and every other team/company is forced to tolerate some behaviors they do not like to have the employees that they want.

    However, I for one would hate It if our goal for the Pacers is to have players who show up on time to practice and don't argue with refs, and don't have off the court issues, but lose every frickin game.!!!!!!!!!!!! That is not something I want to see and if you say you do your not a fan of the game. Like the old saying "Sometimes you gotta take the good with the bad." Can you tell I'm getting tired of losing!! Sorry!!

  17. #67
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,564

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hard to understand how this got out of control. I still remember Bird leaving Dale Davis on the tarmac at the airport for running late. It maybe difficult, but it is time to put the Genie back into the bottle.

    Treat the men who respect the team with respect and those that don't can go set in a corner.
    Wow....I did not know that. Bird told the team plane to leave knowing that Dale Davis was running late?

    Was this during his tenure as our coach?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  18. #68
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    I remember being about 4 minutes late for a team bus because I had to go #2 in the absolute WORST way.

    I'm glad I cleared the space, because I needed room for my coaches' foot.

    It took over a year before people stopped giving me a hard time about it.

    One minute late = sore for days from sprints and push-ups.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

    “If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

  19. #69
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,316

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow....I did not know that. Bird told the team plane to leave knowing that Dale Davis was running late?

    Was this during his tenure as our coach?
    Yes and it included another player (Travis Best?) as well. Will try to find the story or hopefully someone else remembers this also.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  20. #70
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,564

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by HOOPFANATIC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sorry, but an NBA team is not like a high school, or even college organization. It is a corporate business.....period, and furthermore the employees are unionized.
    Like it or not the Pacers and every other team/company is forced to tolerate some behaviors they do not like to have the employees that they want.

    However, I for one would hate It if our goal for the Pacers is to have players who show up on time to practice and don't argue with refs, and don't have off the court issues, but lose every frickin game.!!!!!!!!!!!! That is not something I want to see and if you say you do your not a fan of the game. Like the old saying "Sometimes you gotta take the good with the bad." Can you tell I'm getting tired of losing!! Sorry!!
    I'm not part of a Union or anything......but I would think that there are still a certain level of conduct that one must follow.

    I guess we are splitting hairs here......I understand that there are certain behaviors that could be tolerated ( like Skiles not allowing headbands to be worn...which is retarded )....but showing up late for work....I mean practice ( to quote Iverson...."We are talking about practice" ) ....I assume after several warnings.....just seems childish to me. If anything....this just gives me a better idea about his commitment to the team, if not the game and a pattern of behavior to support the "Players have tuned out Carlisle" theory that's going around.

    Tinsley is an adult...he, like any other NBA player, should not be pampered with oven-mits.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  21. #71
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,564

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes and it included another player (Travis Best?) as well. Will try to find the story or hopefully someone else remembers this also.
    That's funny....I just picture DD and Best carrying their carry-on luggage running after the plane like a kid running after his school bus.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  22. #72
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,564

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I remember being about 4 minutes late for a team bus because I had to go #2 in the absolute WORST way.
    You could have left it as "I remember being late about 4 minutes late for a team bus"....I didn't need to know the rest
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  23. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    763

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by HOOPFANATIC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sorry, but an NBA team is not like a high school, or even college organization. It is a corporate business.....period, and furthermore the employees are unionized.
    Like it or not the Pacers and every other team/company is forced to tolerate some behaviors they do not like to have the employees that they want.

    However, I for one would hate It if our goal for the Pacers is to have players who show up on time to practice and don't argue with refs, and don't have off the court issues, but lose every frickin game.!!!!!!!!!!!! That is not something I want to see and if you say you do your not a fan of the game. Like the old saying "Sometimes you gotta take the good with the bad." Can you tell I'm getting tired of losing!! Sorry!!


    I'm sorry, I guess that I would have higher standards for players than you, but to basically sell your soul to have a championship caliber of team is both sad and morally bankrupt.

  24. #74
    Member larry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    36
    Posts
    834

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by HOOPFANATIC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sorry, but an NBA team is not like a high school, or even college organization. It is a corporate business.....period, and furthermore the employees are unionized.
    Like it or not the Pacers and every other team/company is forced to tolerate some behaviors they do not like to have the employees that they want.

    However, I for one would hate It if our goal for the Pacers is to have players who show up on time to practice and don't argue with refs, and don't have off the court issues, but lose every frickin game.!!!!!!!!!!!! That is not something I want to see and if you say you do your not a fan of the game. Like the old saying "Sometimes you gotta take the good with the bad." Can you tell I'm getting tired of losing!! Sorry!!
    I'd rather see the team behave in a positive manner & miss the Playoffs than having a bunch of hoodlums running wild & winning. It just sets a bad example for the young kids & gives the whole city a negative glow from an outsiders pov.

    I don't want to fight with you, but I respectfully disagree. I don't think a grocery store would put up with as many incidents as the Pacers have. Why do the Pacers, because they need ultra skilled players to win.
    This means the message I get from the Pacers is win at any cost, even if you have to sell your soul.
    That is just wrong flat out wrong & that is why they are losing like this.
    They let the tumor get to big before they operated & they had to cut off talent for image.

    Winning takes care of everything, but you rarely hear about Pacer like situations or incidents coming from a winning team.
    1 - 2, Tinsley's coming for you.
    3 - 4, You're not a team no more.
    5 - 6, He's gonna plead the 5th.
    7 - 8, He's gonna stay out late.




  25. #75
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,022

    Default Re: Tinsley suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by HOOPFANATIC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    However, I for one would hate It if our goal for the Pacers is to have players who show up on time to practice and don't argue with refs, and don't have off the court issues, but lose every frickin game.!!!!!!!!!!!! That is not something I want to see and if you say you do your not a fan of the game. Like the old saying "Sometimes you gotta take the good with the bad." Can you tell I'm getting tired of losing!! Sorry!!
    You're not going to win if you don't have players that sacrifice their own goals, agendas and time for the team. So, of course talent matters, but if it's a bunch of talented but egostical malcontents then they aren't going to win either.

    Doesn't matter if it's HS, NBA or grade school.

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •