Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post game thread - The Tanks Rolls on through Utah

Default Re: Post game thread - The Tanks Rolls on through Utah

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Goldfoot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't want Rick Carlisle on the sidelines anymore. I want a new coach with a different game plan. I don't care if the plan is to shoot half-court shots all night with JO under one basket and Foster under the other. This team is boring. Boring when they lose...boring when they win. I haven't jumped out of my seat since Reggie dunked over the Nets in the Playoffs. That was a long time ago.
    Thank you. Its not rocket science to figure out why fans are not coming to game. I dont want to watch this crap on TV, why would I want to drive to the arena and pay to watch them.

I don't care if the plan is to shoot half-court shots all night with JO under one basket and Foster under the other.
    Best. Gameplan. Ever.

I think we just found our new headcoach!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This team is boring. Boring when they lose...boring when they win. I haven't jumped out of my seat since Reggie dunked over the Nets in the Playoffs. That was a long time ago.
    I second that.

And when Reggie dunked on the entire Nets team I hit my knee on the edge of the table really hard when I jumped out of my seat. THOSE were the days.
    The NBA ... it's fannnnnnnnn-tastic! I LOVE this game!

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    Am I that horrible of a fan if I want us to lose? Maybe want Marquis to take the rest of the season off to rest? The young guys to play more, maybe?
    many times it even shows you are a truer fan if you want your team to lose imo. losing, especially in the pacers case this year, can be what's best for the franchise's future. i'm also a diehard iu basketball and nd football fan and you bet your *** i was cheering for iu to lose under davis and nd to lose under losingham. losing was the only way to get those jokes of coaches out of town and provide my teams with something to build upon. so no, cheering for your team to lose does not make one a horrible fan in all instances.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    BOILER UP

and to all those IU fans out there

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    Go Buckeyes.

Go

STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Boiler fans excited about March madness?

I never found the NIT that exciting.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would kill to have Deron Williams on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerFan31 View Post
    I would kill to have Deron Williams on this team.
    Why? So he could dribble up the court and throw it into JO?

watching the team reminds me of one of those after school special with scot baio where the good students grades start slipping, starts missing practices, which all leads up the point where the horrified parent is screaching ' you are on drugs, arent you!' those usually have a happier ending than what i am expecting for this season however. on the bright side, the young guys should get some playing time, more fun to watch anyway.

Sports Logo

I didn't catch the game.....

Did we play like how we played against the Kings yesterday?

or

Did we play like how we played against the Clippers?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I didn't catch the game.....

Did we play like how we played against the Kings yesterday?

or

Did we play like how we played against the Clippers?
    Neither. I would say somewhere in the middle between the second half against the Kings and the horrible game against the Clippers. The Pacers tried last night, but they couldn't sustain anything and the Jazz are like playing a football team - they beat you up

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    My biggest pet peeve right now is all the mixed messages from so many different fans.

Some want the pacers to run more - well they have done that

Some want Rick to stop calling all the plays. But do these people who want this also want the Pacers to run more

Some want the pacers to defend better - so they can run more or are those the people who want Rick to call the plays.

I'm very confused

I don't understand the belief structure of so many posters.

We lose because Rick calls the plays, but when he didn't do so we still lost.

We should be a faster paced team, but we can't hit the broad side of a barn from more than 3 feet out - how does faster pace alone keep defenses from just blocking us out of the paint? Seems to me it just increases the other team's defensive rebound statistic. If you don't have to stay with your man to interfere with a quick pull-up, you just run straight to the basket and keep someone from making the easy shot. I could coach that defense.

We should stop passing the ball to Jermaine and just brick those outside shots over and over and over and over?

We should play a free-form game because we have so many players who can take their counterparts off the dribble or pass to the open man for an open ... missed jump shot.

We should play all the magic players who can't quite defend when on the court.

I believe this team is in complete disarray and there's no single silver bullet. We do not have the talent to make proper use of Jermaine - he isn't Shaq who can (could) bowl over two or three guys on his way to the basket and get free throws for it. That's why teams are successful collapsing on him.

To be perfectly honest, this really vindicates my decade-long fear of "risk it all for a shot at the big time", because I think this resulted from a failed attempt to risk it all.

I don't know what I want to see from this season. Do I want us in the lottery? No, because our chances of hitting a top-10 pick are slim and none. Do I want us in the playoffs? We'd be cannon fodder for someone, although that would give some guys more playoff games under their belts. Do I want to see Rick resign/fired? I'm torn because I think the team won't do any better at all being "set free" but I also think sometimes you are forced to shake things up. Now would be the right time to do it. At some point the coach has to take the heat for the team failing to execute the half-court offense he so deeply believes in.

Whatever else happens, this season is the one that completes the proof even the most respected front offices can make major mistakes. I'm glad they had the guts to get out there on that limb, but I always knew if it didn't work the consequences would be blown out of proportion.

For the folks whose only memories of the team are post-'95 "deep playoffs every year or death!", this is a disaster. I see it as a horrible disappointment but I also think that we have some chances to build back after the season. It may take time, it will take a new coach, and it may be without JO, but it can be done. Remember Larry Brown's last year? Remember Isiah's last full year?

At least we aren't Atlanta, who made major moves and didn't even have a prayer to improve out of it.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Can you believe it? Harrison has 6 TOs and 4 Fouls in 9 minutes on the floor?!? Ridiculous..
    Thank you Jeff.

I DVR most of the games and then watch them later on in the evening. Last night I fast forwarded through most of the 4th quarter until Greene-Marshall-Williams-Diogu-Harrison. I watched about a minute of that, realized that I wasn't going to see anything worth seeing, and then deleted the game from my DVR.

I don't know what that says, but it's got to be telling in some way.

UB, as for what I want from the Pacers, here it is...

I want Murphy and Dunleavy to be the worst defenders on the team, not because they're so awful, but because everybody else is better.

I want a starting lineup that features 5 players who play well on both ends of the floor.

I want a shooter that other teams are legitimately afraid of.

I want a skilled player who's a natural leader.

I want ball movement. I want the Pacers to be in the top 10 in assists every year.

I want Troy Murphy to gain 25 lbs of muscle so Boozer doesn't throw him around like a ragdoll.

I want a gameplan and player rotation that makes sense.

I want a real center on the roster.

I guess the long and short of it is, I don't care who the coach is. I don't care what kind of system they run. I don't even really care who the individual players are. There's not anyone on this roster right now of whom I'd call myself a "fan."

Sorry. I don't think that made any sense.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by pacertom View Post
    Boiler fans excited about March madness?

I never found the NIT that exciting.

Since they whipped iu's butt, guess maybe we'll see them there too.

Quote Originally Posted by 31andonly View Post
    Can you believe it? Harrison has 6 TOs and 4 Fouls in 9 minutes on the floor?!? Ridiculous..
    I officially gave up on David last night. I've been holding out hope that as he matured he would "settle down". But I don't see it happening. 3 of those fouls were in about 30 seconds. He can't set a non-moving pick to save his life.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This is starting to get WAY out of hand, IMHO.

Rick is the reason why people don't go to games? Are you ****ing kidding me? That's the lamest excuse I've heard yet.

I also can't believe I read something along the lines of wanting to run more, because losing would actually be fun to watch. What are you guys on, if you think losing is fun no matter how you play?

I would fine any player who even thought that, with "conduct detrimental to winning."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This is starting to get WAY out of hand, IMHO.

Rick is the reason why people don't go to games? Are you ****ing kidding me? That's the lamest excuse I've heard yet.

I also can't believe I read something along the lines of wanting to run more, because losing would actually be fun to watch. What are you guys on, if you think losing is fun no matter how you play?

I would fine any player who even thought that, with "conduct detrimental to winning."
    Thank you. I'm right with you here. We need to find ways to win, not find ways to lose but score more points doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Dude View Post
    I dont want to watch this crap on TV, why would I want to drive to the arena and pay to watch them.
    Because that would be a 2259 mile drive for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Dude View Post
    It will solve the problem of us playing that horrible offense Rick runs. Maybe if Davis starts coaching he will just let them run and gun like the dude down in Memphis, at least we can lose in a fun way like that.
    you never saw JD coach in orlando did you?
    lol
    oh it might take care of the offense...but boy will our D be horrible...WORSE than it is now...
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

Quote Originally Posted by 31andonly View Post
    I didn't realize he had 6 turnovers - I had to check the box score because I really didn't believe you. 6 turnovers in 9 minutes. That has to be a record.
    See I didn't thinbk he was that bad, but then my expectations of him are soooo low, I gave up on him two years ago

Gotta Play Big

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    When was the last time the Pacers won a game when Daniels didn't play.

Not much to say about this game tonight. DA played well, but really the only reason we were in the game going to the 4th quarter is because the jazz weren't playing that well either.

Well, we'll see if my partial prediction comes true tomorrow and JD takes over for Rick. If that happens it won't solve anything, but it might temporary put a band aid on things
    Quickness, or more accurately lack thereof, is the prime reason we are losing. Here are your Indiana Pacers:

Tinsley - always a step slow on D
    Dunleavy - slow
    Murphy - slower
    Granger - Love the guy, but he has some problems too.
    JO - Good post defender, but does not use his quickness, if he has any, on D...particularly perimeter D.

The reason we have won games with Quis on the floor is primarily because he is an injection of quickness. If he stays off the floor, I think we keep losing.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Quickness, or more accurately lack thereof, is the prime reason we are losing. Here are your Indiana Pacers:

Tinsley - always a step slow on D
    Dunleavy - slow
    Murphy - slower
    Granger - Love the guy, but he has some problems too.
    JO - Good post defender, but does not use his quickness, if he has any, on D...particularly perimeter D.

The reason we have won games with Quis on the floor is primarily because he is an injection of quickness. If he stays off the floor, I think we keep losing.
    Your right we don't have great quickness especially at the 3 perimeter spots other then Greene and Daniels but what I'm seeing is when guys do get beat they give up on the play, even on plays where guys are well defended we don't even put a hand up when the other teams are going up for a jumpshot.You look at a guy like Granger, he may not be super quick laterally but he's long and still a good enough athlete he should recover in time to contest a shot but he hasn't done that. If he gets beat thats it.

This team just needs to learn the fundamentals of defense. It's embarrassing when you have guys in the NBA who don't know basic defensive fundamentals.

Our team just don't wanna play for Carlisle anymore. . .you can see it!!! Jermaine probably said, I ain't killin my knee for all this losing LOL. . hopefully we can get some wins now

Gotta Play Big

I said goodbye to my Danny Granger avatar today...

Not Boom-Baby!....it's M1 Abrams Baby!