Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post game thread - The Tanks Rolls on through Utah

Default Post game thread - The Tanks Rolls on through Utah

So when is Rick going to quit again? Is it time for Johnny Davis to come out the bullpen and relive him.

Maybe if we lose to the Sixers at home he will quit, if thats what it takes I hope we lose. This man needs to be gone, I dont care if Tinsley takes over as coach.

Tonight was typical Pacers though, came real close after making a run, and then just stop scoring for the rest of the night.

Same old crap just a different day. If JO decides to sit out a few games and Quis is already out. Thats good for us it helps the tanking.

The Tankage Continues

Default Re: Post game thread - The Tanks Rolls on through Utah

Am I that horrible of a fan if I want us to lose? Maybe want Marquis to take the rest of the season off to rest? The young guys to play more, maybe?

I think its time to start calling up guys from the NBDL. How many can we call up?
    Sorry, I didn't know advertising was illegal here. Someone call the cops!

I would start

Orien-Rawle-Shawne-Ike-Harrison the next game. Just because.

Did Jay Williams ever get signed by somebody? At this point he couldn't hurt us...

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Dude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would start

Orien-Rawle-Shawne-Ike-Harrison the next game. Just because.
    The new Dream Team!!

When was the last time the Pacers won a game when Daniels didn't play.

Not much to say about this game tonight. DA played well, but really the only reason we were in the game going to the 4th quarter is because the jazz weren't playing that well either.

Well, we'll see if my partial prediction comes true tomorrow and JD takes over for Rick. If that happens it won't solve anything, but it might temporary put a band aid on things

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    When was the last time the Pacers won a game when Daniels didn't play.

Not much to say about this game tonight. DA played well, but really the only reason we were in the game going to the 4th quarter is because the jazz weren't playing that well either.

Well, we'll see if my partial prediction comes true tomorrow and JD takes over for Rick. If that happens it won't solve anything, but it might temporary put a band aid on things
    It will solve the problem of us playing that horrible offense Rick runs. Maybe if Davis starts coaching he will just let them run and gun like the dude down in Memphis, at least we can lose in a fun way like that.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    Am I that horrible of a fan if I want us to lose?

Nope pretty much ever since that 36 point swing in phoenix's favor at home I've been wanting us to lose the rest of the season.

The problem we have is that Bird will not fire Carlisle if he shot one of our players. I bet Larry would try to have his buddy Rick coach the team from prison. Lord knows we can do that, just ask Rick for his sheet of paper and we are set.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would have loved to have Matt Harpring on this team back when we were good. Not just Matt Harpring but almost anybody on the Jazz roster. I love that team. They are full of guys who play smart basketball and do their job. That organization knows what they are doing, and Jerry Sloan is a fantastic coach.

I think if you put that Utah team in Indiana, people would flock to the arena. They play the style of basketball Indiana basketball fans love.

I liked what I saw out of Murphy on the offensive end. He's been much more aggressive the last 2 games then he's been since he got here. Somebody definitley told him to do that.

By the way, I could never root for the Pacers to lose, I'd rather not watch, and I could never do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Dude View Post
    at least we can lose in a fun way like that.
    Losing sucks. But since we're already losing, let's at least pick up the pace and try to entertain. Let these guys do what they do best....play basketball.

One thing about the NBA. The more a team loses, the more they continue to lose. Conversely, the more a team wins, the more they continue to win.

Take the Bobcats tonight, they play a great second half, force the Suns into OT, but then the Suns pull away in OT.

The more you lose, the more you lose.

oops

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Goldfoot View Post
    Losing sucks. But since we're already losing, let's at least pick up the pace and try to entertain. Let these guys do what they do best....play basketball.
    which guys are you talking about.

The Pacers had 25 fastbreak points in the Kings game. The Pacers have been running

I think it would be after our Saturday game vs. Philly if it were to happen. It'll give us a couple of days off to recuperate and a home game. If we lose that, then I think that's where the team might become unraveled, and that's the point where the change might need to be made. However in the past two games, I saw nothing to blame on Carlisle. I just saw a lack of talent, especially defensive talent. In the previous 5 games I saw a lack of preparedness, that I blamed on Carlisle.

Now that I think about it....I don't know. Maybe basketball isn't what some of these guys do best. Just let it loose and see what happens, though.

One game of running? aberration

Thank God the Big 10 Tourney is coming up soon along with March Madness where I can finally watch some entertaining basketball

BOILER UP

and to all those IU fans out there

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    I would have loved to have Matt Harpring on this team back when we were good. Not just Matt Harpring but almost anybody on the Jazz roster. I love that team. They are full of guys who play smart basketball and do their job. That organization knows what they are doing, and Jerry Sloan is a fantastic coach.

I think if you put that Utah team in Indiana, people would flock to the arena. They play the style of basketball Indiana basketball fans love.

I liked what I saw out of Murphy on the offensive end. He's been much more aggressive the last 2 games then he's been since he got here. Somebody definitley told him to do that.

By the way, I could never root for the Pacers to lose, I'd rather not watch, and I could never do that.
    I would love to have Dee Brown on our team.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    Thank God the Big 10 Tourney is coming up soon along with March Madness where I can finally watch some entertaining basketball

BOILER UP

and to all those IU fans out there

Go Buckeyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ev_eezy View Post
    I think it would be after our Saturday game vs. Philly if it were to happen. It'll give us a couple of days off to recuperate and a home game. If we lose that, then I think that's where the team might become unraveled, and that's the point where the change might need to be made. However in the past two games, I saw nothing to blame on Carlisle. I just saw a lack of talent, especially defensive talent. In the previous 5 games I saw a lack of preparedness, that I blamed on Carlisle.
    That is right in the middle of 4 games in 5 nights with the two middle games on the road. - it won't happen then. It is pretty much tomorrow or bust.

Edit: After the game next Wednesday night at home against the Wiz, the Pacers have two days off before their next game which is a home game - it could happen then.

I don't disagree with you. But I thought all pacers fans wanted the team to run and gun - well the Jazz certainly don't do that.

My biggest pet peeve right now is all the mixed messages from so many different fans.

Some want the pacers to run more - well they have done that

Some want Rick to stop calling all the plays. But do these people who want this also want the Pacers to run more

Some want the pacers to defend better - so they can run more or are those the people who want Rick to call the plays.

I'm very confused

Go Buckeyes.

Purdue is gonna beat the buckeyes in the 2nd round...........

I'm sorry I can't keep a straight face while typing that

I don't disagree with you. But I thought all pacers fans wanted the team to run and gun - well the Jazz certainly don't do that.

My biggest pet peeve right now is all the mixed messages from so many different fans.

Some want the pacers to run more - well they have done that

Some want Rick to stop calling all the plays. But do these people who want this also want the Pacers to run more

Some want the pacers to defend better - so they can run more or are those the people who want Rick to call the plays.

I'm very confused
    I just want Rick fired. Are you happy with my decisions UB?

I don't want Rick Carlisle on the sidelines anymore. I want a new coach with a different game plan. I don't care if the plan is to shoot half-court shots all night with JO under one basket and Foster under the other. This team is boring. Boring when they lose...boring when they win. I haven't jumped out of my seat since Reggie dunked over the Nets in the Playoffs. That was a long time ago.