Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Pacers slogan: "48 Minutes. 110%. Always." - Balcony season tx prices slashed

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Default Re: New Pacers slogan: "48 Minutes. 110%. Always." - Balcony season tx prices slashe

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There was an article in the Indy Star print edition (it was not online) in early November - right when the season opened - although it was obvious the info in the article was about two weeks old. At that time a Pacer employee was quoted as saying sales were going very well, and they had already sold over 50% and sales were continuing.

I think they probably ending selling 60%-65% of the available memberships to Legends - maybe more. They didn't lower the price for next season, so they must have sold pretty well. I don't think Legends in the problem. The balcony is - we can tell by the drastically cut prices
    Or like other things they just can't afford to cut the cost on it yet. You see this with things like old CDs, at some point the demand falls to just the people that really, really want it and cost isn't really the limiting factor. So why bother cutting prices if it won't increase sales for the item and instead just cuts into whatever small income can still be made from it.

If a 10% price reduction for Legends wouldn't boost sales enough to make up for the loss of income on what they are already selling then they wouldn't cut the cost.

And part of what I'm saying is that it was a bad/unlucky time to switch from modestly prices bleacher seats to what amounts to another variation of a luxury box.

Not only that, but sales for next season aren't done yet. For all we know they'll have a "Legends turns back the calender to 1971" month next year.

MSA didn't have luxury boxes, didn't have a SB caliber football team, didn't have 70+ games on TV, and had lower prices, and those .500 ballclubs couldn't sell out either.

I think the club is about to get reminded of the true fanbase limit.

But what happened to all those people/fans who for three years have been saying - All I want is a team that plays hard and plays the right way
    Man, don't even get me started on that one. Even at the PD party this was a rant of mine. I've called BS on that angle since day 1. Heck, since day 1 more than 15 years ago.

Reggie Miller, Dale and Detlef played hard and certainly were entertaining to watch. Didn't fill the arena though. I ranted about fans not caring back then which is why it's a pet peeve to this day.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Default Re: New Pacers slogan: "48 Minutes. 110%. Always." - Balcony season tx prices slashe

So you need a slogan to tell you what is obvious.

But what happened to all those people/fans who for three years have been saying - All I want is a team that plays hard and plays the right way
    I don't know if I would call this "the right way".
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

I was looking for the right time to change my sig "It's up to us hoodlums" which was based on our last slogan.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think I finally figured out what I don't like about this slogan: it's incomplete.

It should be:

[For] 48 minutes [Carlisle will be calling plays]. 110% [of the time, somebody will do something stupid]. [We promise to disappoint.] Always.

Next home game I go to I'm going to count just how many plays Rick actually calls. I think many of you will be very surprised

Next home game I go to I'm going to count just how many plays Rick actually calls. I think many of you will be very surprised
    I hope you majored in some sort of math.

They also enclosed player cards of each of the current rostered players. On the fornt is the player in their uniform on the back is the same player in a "business suit". The cards are 4"X 6".
    Must be because we sit in the balcony, but our cards were different. For example on Jamaal's card this was on the back.

Jamaal Lee Tinsley, nickname Mel, excellent court vision, college Iowa State. Likes watching movies, quiet evenings at home, horseback riding, and skydiving. Looking for that special someone who enjoys life. Let's start out as friends and see what developes. Please no weirdos, hump backs, or ugly people apply.

On a real side note those first three rows in the balcony for sections 223 or 226 at $20 bucks is a steal now. This really is a good sign that the Ps are aware they really have blown it for a while.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I hope you majored in some sort of math.
    Nope, in fact I failed Calculus - I got an F and I didn't drop the course in time. But I re-took it, had the same teacher again and many of the same tests and even then I only got a C. So math isn't my thing and even after taking Calculus twice within a year, studying twice - I still didn't understand much of it.

I won't have trouble counting the number of times Rick calls a play - but I'm not sure how to count number of possessions

What I'd recommend, Unclebuck, is to print out a sheet with many (say 100) "P"'s on it. Whenever we gain possession, circle one of the "P"'s. On the bottom half of the print-out, have many "C"'s to circle whenever Rick calls a play.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Nope, in fact I failed Calculus - I got an F and I didn't drop the course in time. But I re-took it, had the same teacher again and many of the same tests and even then I only got a C. So math isn't my thing and even after taking Calculus twice within a year, studying twice - I still didn't understand much of it.

I won't have trouble counting the number of times Rick calls a play - but I'm not sure how to count number of possessions

Ugh, Calculus.

I'm clinging to a B- in there right now. Miserable course.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987 View Post
    Ugh, Calculus.

I never took Calculus, but Finite was a pain. Mostly because of the 60+ problems we had to do every damn week.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I never took Calculus, but Finite was a pain. Mostly because of the 60+ problems we had to do every damn week.

I took finite last semester. It wasn't too bad, I ended up with a B+. I just find Calc to be alot harder for myself, some people are the opposite.

I know what you mean about the constant problems. I have about 40 problems a week online. At IU, all math homework is done online. I'm sure its that way at most places now.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987 View Post
    Ugh, Calculus.

Actually it's like most courses. It depends on who teaches it and whether they can show you why you have to know what they are teaching. I'm a pinhead scientist, and I rarely use it, but when I do, I'm glad I learned it.

Take it from me. Integration and derivatives will not factor into Uncle Buck's ability to determine the number of plays Rick calls in the Philly game!

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    Actually it's like most courses. It depends on who teaches it and whether they can show you why you have to know what they are teaching. I'm a pinhead scientist, and I rarely use it, but when I do, I'm glad I learned it.

Take it from me. Integration and derivatives will not factor into Uncle Buck's ability to determine the number of plays Rick calls in the Philly game!
    That's true. My Finite teacher was an idiot, and often got problems wrong while teaching how to do them in class. My tuition dollars at work.

I think an old Bart Simpson quote would be the best slogan to describe the Pacers.

"We can't promise we'll try. But we'll try to try."

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

The best possible slogan is the truth...

Pacers basketball...No Refunds!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    The best possible slogan is the truth...

Pacers basketball...No Refunds!
    Yeah, the choice they gave me during training camp was to cancel my tickets and give me a credit for future tickets, or do nothing and keep my tickets. Refund was not an option.

But I'm now officially "done" with season tickets.

Not sure yet whether I'll even renew the league pass for next season. I guess it depends on who the coach is. Of course, if its JVG I guess I'll get back into the mix somehow. But that's got about a 0.0001% probability, if not lower. When you slowly lose interest in the Pacers over a four-year span, you find other things to do to fill the time you used to spend watching the games.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    At last, your journey to the dark side is complete.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

woman without a team

Not sure yet whether I'll even renew the league pass for next season.

Now that you've gone to the dark side of course you should still get league pass. There are other teams out there (namely the Bulls and the Hawks).

Eh, I look out the window of my office and I can see the UC. I'm not interested in them. Skiles as the next Pacers coach if JVG isn't available, though...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Those are the same prices for Balcony seats already. I got my renewal guide, and they charged me the same price as this season....

I'd be quite interested in knowing. Including the plays from rebounds and to's, I don't think RC really calls that many plays. Probably less than half.

I consume tiny briefs Robobtowncolt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roferr View Post
    I'd be quite interested in knowing. Including the plays from rebounds and to's, I don't think RC really calls that many plays. Probably last than half.
    Check the Philly post-game thread. There was some posting about this there.
    Narf!

woman without a team

Eh, I look out the window of my office and I can see the UC. I'm not interested in them. Skiles as the next Pacers coach if JVG isn't available, though...

Considering that before the season Skiles signed an extension I wouldn't count on it.

Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    Considering that before the season Skiles signed an extension I wouldn't count on it.
    So did Rick.

A man can still dream, can't he?