Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 78

Thread: New Pacers slogan: "48 Minutes. 110%. Always." - Balcony season tx prices slashed

  1. #26
    How u imawhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    B-town
    Posts
    5,190

    Default Re: New Pacers slogan: "48 Minutes. 110%. Always." - Balcony season tx prices slashe

    I guess they're literally waiting 'til next year to give 110%.


    Now it's all starting to make sense.

  2. #27
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: New Pacers slogan: "48 Minutes. 110%. Always." - Balcony season tx prices slashe

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess they're literally waiting 'til next year to give 110%.


    Now it's all starting to make sense.
    Well you have the 90% they plan on giving on their own, then you add in the 20% they are saving up this year to that to get 110%.

    Of course they didn't start saving up till recently, so they will need to pro-rate that 82 games * 20% for the final 30 games this year.

    (82*20%)/30 = 55% per game they will have to hold back for the rest of this season. So basically you get 45% per game this year the rest of the way (starting vs MIL a few weeks back).

    That looks about right.


    (man, you guys are turning me into an a-hole about this stuff, I don't even really think the effort is that bad)

  3. #28
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: New Pacers slogan: "48 Minutes. 110%. Always." - Balcony season tx prices slashe

    Pacers are more like, "34 minutes. 75%. Every now and then."

  4. #29
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,368

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: New Pacers slogan: "48 Minutes. 110%. Always." - Balcony season tx prices slashe

    Quote Originally Posted by Dat Dude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pacers are more like, "34 minutes. 75%. Every now and then."
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  5. #30
    Member lumber man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    indianapolis
    Age
    40
    Posts
    329

    Default Re: New Pacers slogan: "48 Minutes. 110%. Always." - Balcony season tx prices slashe

    didn't want to start a new thread.......what's the deal with daniels, day 2 day?

  6. #31
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: New Pacers slogan: "48 Minutes. 110%. Always." - Balcony season tx prices slashe

    Why do we even need a slogan? I am so tired of the slogans especially because the team never delivers. I like the business suits angle I guess although to me it says they are having a hard time getting the corporate season tix renewed. I will have to look at this package this weekend if the pops brings it home from work like he usually does.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  7. #32
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: New Pacers slogan: "48 Minutes. 110%. Always." - Balcony season tx prices slashe

    Someone post the pictures, I'm trying to see.

  8. #33
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: New Pacers slogan: "48 Minutes. 110%. Always." - Balcony season tx prices slashe

    I'm tired of people (and this is because I deal with it in my day life) using this stupid "110%" crap. It's 100% folks. That's it. Nothing better.

    It's as educated as saying you're 6 foot tall.

    The price cuts are nice though. If I were in a more stable position in terms of job and location, I'd get in on this now.

  9. #34
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,621

    Default Re: New Pacers slogan: "48 Minutes. 110%. Always." - Balcony season tx prices slashe

    IMO, the packet was really well done. Very, very well done.

    I like the new payment plans as well.

    I could care less about slogans.

    Just play "the right way" on the court and stay out of trouble off of it. That's all I ask.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  10. #35
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,171

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: New Pacers slogan: "48 Minutes. 110%. Always." - Balcony season tx prices slashe

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just play "the right way" on the court and stay out of trouble off of it. That's all I ask.
    We've been doing that. We're on a six-game losing streak.

    And the fans don't seem to be any more happy.

  11. #36
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,711

    Default Re: New Pacers slogan: "48 Minutes. 110%. Always." - Balcony season tx prices slashe

    I was just re-reading my original post in this thread and I had to laugh at this "they've sharply lowered the balcony seats" Now taken out of context one could take that to mean, that they have actually reconfigured Conseco and lowered seats, maybe they took out the suites and club seats and let the balcony patrons get closer to the lower bowl people and who knows riots would likely result, because everyone knows the balcony boys and the lower bowl yahoos don't get along

  12. #37
    Member Evan_The_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, In. via Oakland, Ca.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,406

    Default Re: New Pacers slogan: "48 Minutes. 110%. Always." - Balcony season tx prices slashe

    Is this pricing plan for everybody including those considering being season ticket holders next season? Or is it just specifically for current season ticket holders?

  13. #38

    Default Re: New Pacers slogan: "48 Minutes. 110%. Always." - Balcony season tx prices slashe

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    everyone knows the balcony boys and the lower bowl yahoos don't get along
    This explains why I am so torn up inside. I watch about half of the games I attend from the lower level, and the rest from the upper level. My "balcony boy" attitude and my "lower bowl yahoo" persona can't peacefully co-exist, can they?

    Seriously though, did I read you right when you said that some lower level tickets were also being reduced? That might make me consider getting season tickets again.

  14. #39
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,711

    Default Re: New Pacers slogan: "48 Minutes. 110%. Always." - Balcony season tx prices slashe

    Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This explains why I am so torn up inside. I watch about half of the games I attend from the lower level, and the rest from the upper level. My "balcony boy" attitude and my "lower bowl yahoo" persona can't peacefully co-exist, can they?

    Seriously though, did I read you right when you said that some lower level tickets were also being reduced? That might make me consider getting season tickets again.


    No there aren't any lower bowl tickets being reduced. However there are some "club area seats" being reduced. They aren't actually club seats that are the seats in sections 1, 2, 19, 20 - they upper part of those sections, above the walkway. Those have been reduced from $45.00 to $35.00

  15. #40

    Default Re: New Pacers slogan: "48 Minutes. 110%. Always." - Balcony season tx prices slashe

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No there aren't any lower bowl tickets being reduced. However there are some "club area seats" being reduced. They aren't actually club seats that are the seats in sections 1, 2, 19, 20 - they upper part of those sections, above the walkway. Those have been reduced from $45.00 to $35.00

    OK, I know where you are talking about. Those are still good seats for the price. Thanks for the clarification.

  16. #41
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: New Pacers slogan: "48 Minutes. 110%. Always." - Balcony season tx prices slashe

    How 'bout a slogan of

    "Donnie's, Larry's, and Rick's Head on a Platter!"

    ???

    That might get me to renew. Otherwise, I think I'm done as a season ticket holder.

    Or just a picture of the three of them with the international "prohibited" sign over thier mugs with the caption:

    "The buck (finally) stops here, and now!"

    ???
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  17. #42
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: New Pacers slogan: "48 Minutes. 110%. Always." - Balcony season tx prices slashe

    Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK, I know where you are talking about. Those are still good seats for the price. Thanks for the clarification.

    DRATS! At $35, Kyle will probably talk me into renewing again, anyway.

    :sucker:
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  18. #43
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,711

    Default Re: New Pacers slogan: "48 Minutes. 110%. Always." - Balcony season tx prices slashe

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section19 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How 'bout a slogan of

    "Donnie's, Larry's, and Rick's Head on a Platter!"

    ???

    That might get me to renew. Otherwise, I think I'm done as a season ticket holder.

    Or just a picture of the three of them with the international "prohibited" sign over thier mugs with the caption:

    "The buck (finally) stops here, and now!"

    ???


    Jay, you can't leave us in our time of need. (I do understand though with you living in Chicago and with family stuff) but keep the faith - even if you don't renew you could easily get tickets to a few games when you are in town anyway

  19. #44
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,054

    Default Re: New Pacers slogan: "48 Minutes. 110%. Always." - Balcony season tx prices slashe

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They also enclosed player cards of each of the current rostered players. On the fornt is the player in their uniform on the back is the same player in a "business suit". The cards are 4"X 6".

    Wait I'm not done yet. There is also a rather large foldout picture of all the players standing in business attire - actually it is a real classy picture. The players look really sharp.
    For the first time I'm slightly disappointed I don't have tickets any more. I'd probably be suicidal if Ron Mercer was still on the team.

    As for the "more important issures":

    -New tickets prices--if they were free I doubt I'd be very interested.

    -New slogan--Well, "sucks" and "stupid" come to mind, but I get in trouble when I say that so I'll just say I don't like it much.

  20. #45
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: New Pacers slogan: "48 Minutes. 110%. Always." - Balcony season tx prices slashe

    I'd bet they are taking a real beating on the Legends club seats. Pretty pricey for where you watch the game from. Seemed like an iffy situation going into the season, but now it must look really overpriced (unless they cut the price there too).

  21. #46
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,711

    Default Re: New Pacers slogan: "48 Minutes. 110%. Always." - Balcony season tx prices slashe

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd bet they are taking a real beating on the Legends club seats. Pretty pricey for where you watch the game from. Seemed like an iffy situation going into the season, but now it must look really overpriced (unless they cut the price there too).
    There was an article in the Indy Star print edition (it was not online) in early November - right when the season opened - although it was obvious the info in the article was about two weeks old. At that time a Pacer employee was quoted as saying sales were going very well, and they had already sold over 50% and sales were continuing.

    I think they probably ending selling 60%-65% of the available memberships to Legends - maybe more. They didn't lower the price for next season, so they must have sold pretty well. I don't think Legends in the problem. The balcony is - we can tell by the drastically cut prices

  22. #47
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,621

    Default Re: New Pacers slogan: "48 Minutes. 110%. Always." - Balcony season tx prices slashe

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd bet they are taking a real beating on the Legends club seats. Pretty pricey for where you watch the game from. Seemed like an iffy situation going into the season, but now it must look really overpriced (unless they cut the price there too).
    I think the Legends seats include food and drink, so that figures into the cost.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  23. #48
    Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,662
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: New Pacers slogan: "48 Minutes. 110%. Always." - Balcony season tx prices slashe

    I knew that I did not like the slogan very much but I didn't know why. This morning it dawned on me. It's a slogan for a losing, rebuilding team. There is no indication that the team plans on winning, just that they will try hard. Lowering ticket prices and a new emphasis on "effort" over results seems to add up to an impending rebuilding period.

  24. #49
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,711

    Default Re: New Pacers slogan: "48 Minutes. 110%. Always." - Balcony season tx prices slashe

    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchConnection View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I knew that I did not like the slogan very much but I didn't know why. This morning it dawned on me. It's a slogan for a losing, rebuilding team. There is no indication that the team plans on winning, just that they will try hard. Lowering ticket prices and a new emphasis on "effort" over results seems to add up to an impending rebuilding period.
    So you need a slogan to tell you what is obvious.


    But what happened to all those people/fans who for three years have been saying - All I want is a team that plays hard and plays the right way

  25. #50
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: New Pacers slogan: "48 Minutes. 110%. Always." - Balcony season tx prices slashe

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you need a slogan to tell you what is obvious.


    But what happened to all those people/fans who for three years have been saying - All I want is a team that plays hard and plays the right way
    It should go without saying that we didn't want them to suck while they were at it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •