Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post game thread - Kings vs Pacers - well that was much better

Default Post game thread - Kings vs Pacers - well that was much better

There may not be any moral victories in the NBA - but at least we saw the effort tonight, at least we saw a little desire, a little aggression, a little heart, a little energy.

The second half was fun to watch and great to see - and it just shows what a little hustle can do for a team

3 players I want to focus on. Green, Murphy and Dunleavy

1) Murphy - finally a little aggression - and he took the ball to the basket (we have to remember horrible defenders were guarding him, mostly Brad Miller or Corliss) - but it was still great to see him driving the ball. I didn't know he could do that

2) Green - good coaching decision to have him on the floor a lot tonight with a point guard. Green did what he does, defend, create havoc, cause turnovers and just make things happen

3) Dunleavy - I don't care about his contract, I don't care than it seems like Pacers fans are turning on him. I really like his game he's the second best passer on the team, he's completely unselfish and generally makes the "right play"

Turnovers in the first half and rebounding in the second half were the undoing.

But I can't complain about the effort

Default Re: Post game thread - Kings vs Pacers - well that was much better

I got excited. That's really all I ask for. Some Excitement.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I can't believe we haven't won since the Milwaukee game I was at. It feels like it's been forever since that game.

What is the Pacers' record losing streak? Because it will probably be 7 in a row after tomorrow night.

Was nice to see some heart and effort, hate that we had to waste good nights by Murph and Dun Dun in a loss! If they can play like this more often, then we're looking good!

Really wish Jamaal would stop shooting the 3! I know he's so wide open, but he should at dribble in some and pull up for like a 15 footer, he seems better at that.

I like that Carlisle finally realize that Orien can play defense and gave him some minutes!

Danger needs to get his shooting confidence back

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was nice to see some heart and effort, hate that we had to waste good nights by Murph and Dun Dun in a loss! If they can play like this more often, then we're looking good!

Really wish Jamaal would stop shooting the 3! I know he's so wide open, but he should at dribble in some and pull up for like a 15 footer, he seems better at that.

I like that Carlisle finally realize that Orien can play defense and gave him some minutes!

Danger needs to get his shooting confidence back
    There's a reason for that.

Once again, the positives:

1. We won 2 quarters after losing 11 straight.

2. Murphy's 2nd half looked like pre-contract extension Troy Murphy.

3. Dunleavy was huge on offense.

4. Greene played big minutes and gave a huge boost to the D.

5. JO bounced back with a JO-esque double-double.

6. We scored 98 points. 24 more than Saturday's game.

...As for the negatives

1. We couldn't make up for Bender II's abscence. The bench gives us no help in the scoring department.

2. Granger's struggles continue.

3. Tinsley allows Bibby to get the better of the matchup again and bricks 2 huge 3s in the final minute.

4. Corliss Williamson had 13 too many points for my liking.

5. We lost our 6th straight game, with #7 waiting for us in Salt Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    What is the Pacers' record losing streak? Because it will probably be 7 in a row after tomorrow night.
    It is a lot more than 7. A 7 game losing streak was a hot streak for the Pacers in the 80's.

Shade - I was curious so I tried to look it up and couldn't find it. But I know they have lost at least 12 in a row before in the NBA.

True, but he's SO open, that he doesn't have to take the 3, he could drive in some and take a better shot that he's more comfortable with. It's like he's trying to prove something out there, and all he proving is that he really can't shoot!

I hope Dunleavy and Murphy continue to shoot and play with as much confidence as they did tonight. I like Dunleavy because he is so much the Anti-SJax - he plays within the offense, passes pretty well - "plays the right way". Murphy showed some moves that I have not seen before. He should do that more than just shoot Js from the outside.

Does Kevin Martin remind anybody of a young Reggie Miller? lean SG, awkward looking jump shot but gets the jobe done!

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    There may not be any moral victories in the NBA
    At this point I'll take any kind of victory we can get, if David Harrison came out and got a victory in a halftime pie eating contest against Brad Miller..I would take it. Any kind of victory at this point would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    True, but he's SO open, that he doesn't have to take the 3, he could drive in some and take a better shot that he's more comfortable with. It's like he's trying to prove something out there, and all he proving is that he really can't shoot!
    I agree. It drives me nuts seeing him taking those shots, because the opposition knows he can't shoot, so they leave him open.

If Foster and Tins are on the floor together, and Dunleavy isn't have a good shooting night, that effectively makes us 2-on-5 on offense.

So when is Rick going to quit?

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Dude View Post
    So when is Rick going to quit?
    Rick, Bird, and Walsh were all so inspired by the Pacers play in the second half, Rick is going to be coaching for at least the next 2 seasons

Rick, Bird, and Walsh were all so inspired by the Pacers play in the second half, Rick is going to be coaching for at least the next 2 seasons
    Whatever floats their boat. Sad day when you come on the Pacers board and we are happy because the team TRIED to play hard.

I see 12 game streaks in '82-83 and '84-85.....
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thats too bad...

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    I see 12 game streaks in '82-83 and '84-85.....
    Where are you getting that info. Online?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Do you have a Pacers media guide? They have season by season results and scores.

That's a pretty good line.

It's sucks that leaving Tinsley wide open is smart defense.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Dude View Post
    Whatever floats their boat. Sad day when you come on the Pacers board and we are happy because the team TRIED to play hard.
    I'm with you. I have the opportunity to listen to the game on the Kings radio station....and I gave up listening to the game after the half cuz I pretty much knew what was going to happen. Its good that we kept it close....but we simply have so many flaws on this team that I knew that there was no hope for us to pull out a win.

If we're not going to win any of these upcoming road games...much less win any game without Marquis ( who I hope is going to rest and recover until we return from the road trip )....I really wouldn't mind if TPTB really opened things up and extended Ike and Shawne's minutes ( sink or swim ) so that we can get a better idea about what we have with them going into the offseason....cuz that's all that I am looking forward to.

What's bad about this season is that many of us are slowly starting to lose the one thing that we have always had....hope.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by pacerwaala View Post
    Does Kevin Martin remind anybody of a young Reggie Miller? lean SG, awkward looking jump shot but gets the jobe done!
    Yea, SOME similarity.... height, weight, nothing more. Very different games! But awkward looking jumpshot? Reggie??? Why does so many people say that? You cant even explain if i gave you 10000 millions... Reggies jumpshot was EXACTLY like a slower Ray Allen jumpshot from an experienced ballers view, look carefully... both have exactly the same motion and shooting procedure, stroke, followthru... the THING that fools almost all Fans is his weird "after effect" or "backslash" if you call it, he kindoff throws his shooting arm to the left side AFTER the ball has been released, after the followthru.. you can even hear it sometimes, when his arm smacks his left arm after the ball has been released. I mean, if THAT was his shooting procedure and follow thru then the ball would be in the stands 24 / 7...
    But it has nothing to do with the shooting procedure... ITS HOW IT LOOKS BEFORE YOU RELEASE AND WHILE YOU RELEASE THE BALL.

After you release you can put your shooting arm in the butt, who cares... its just a habit....... Understand my point? It has nothing to do with the shooting procedure, its just simply something you love to do after you shot it!

Kevins shooting tho.... oh my god, i can write a book with all the things he does wrong. He is a walking miracle... honestly, he and Shawn Marion. Kevins shooting motion looks like the shape of an "S", if you look from behind him... while a shooting motion should look like straight like a line.. "l" ... straight UP. Not like Kevin Martin, ball goes from right side of his hip to the left side of his head / shoulder and then followthru goes --------------->
    Its ridicilous!!!! Honestly, i wake up sometimes having nightmares, me dreaming that i stuck with a shooting procedure like that! Its HORROR! But it works.........

Anyways! Ontopic, Good game! A loss, but they showed some heart/effort tonight indeed... i have nothing to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by bnd45 View Post
    1. We couldn't make up for Bender II's abscence.
    please don't jinx us with that one. that's the last thing we need now Marquis, get well soon.

I don't know, folks. Yes, there was noticeable energy at times in the 2nd half. At the same time, the nearly overcoming a 20 pt deficit and exciting style of play must be considered within the context of our opponent for the game.

As we are well aware Sac is a notoriously defensively challenged team, not so unlike us now. I might go so far as to say the teams in question suffer from defensive intolearnce syndrome. But, true there was some entertainment value.

Keep Dun's 3 attempts low to non existent. He's a much more proficient shooter from midrange. Yes, Tins could stand to take that advice, too. Murphy will have to put that type of game together over time to convince me he's worth anything and against somebody other than ol' soft touch Sactown.

And if the losses just a keep on comin', hope the top 10 pick isn't far behind.

Some of the young whippersnappers who think this season is bad need to check these out....

http://www.basketballreference.com/t...D&yr=1982&lg=n
    http://www.basketballreference.com/t...D&yr=1984&lg=n
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731