Thread: It's almost painful.

Default It's almost painful.

I hate to say this but it is almost painful to come in here after a losing game. It seems the entire board is just a fire the coach or just ripping on the different players. I know this is message board and discussion is welcome. I just want to know what type of team supporter you are if all you do is bash the team. Why would you call yourself a pacers fan if you just want to come in here and talk down the team.

Times are rough right now. We are honestly a pretty bad team with a lot of good players. We have been spoiled in years past and now that we are trying to do something different it hurts that we are not top dog in the east. But remember this, It had to get worse before it could get better. We are still only a handful of games since the trade. All of our new players are still adjusting and learning each other. I think we can all agree that at certain points when it clicks its amazing to watch. The other times it's almost painful.

I dont want to sound like the choir boy, but can we please start to be more positive. The current team isnt going anywhere and either is the coach so why cry over spilt milk?

Default Re: It's almost painful.

I actually felt like the post game thread was quite positive considering they lost to a mediocre team.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by justinDOHMAN View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dont want to sound like the choir boy, but can we please start to be more positive.
    I'll start.....I'm pretty positive the Pacers didn't give season or mini season ticket holders a monetary refund on their packages even though they are selling individual tickets at $4 bucks a pop.

Actually I don't have a problem with cutting the price to get people in, but they should have started at a lower pice to begin with if they want to build the fan base back up. This is not the first year fan attendance has been down as of late.

Here's something positive. The Ps no longer have Ron Artest or Stephen Jackson.

The Pacers really need to worry when the fans do not complain or comment. That means people have reached the point of not caring and that's when a franchise is in trouble.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

I'm guessing the fanbase is just frustrated with the way the team is playing. Watching your team lose 6 games in a row (last night the 1st not by double figures) is not going to generate positive thinking. If the team starts coming around, I'm sure the fanbase will start coming around.

Yell, the team is down a little now but that shouldn't be turning most fans away and I don't think it is for the most part.

With the players we have now we are only one good PG away from a competing team. Think of it in these terms, how far would we go with Nash, Parker, Kidd or some of the other top PG's? We would be highly competitive.

Don't quite know why so many people are down on Dun. He's an unselfish player that can get 'er done in many ways....a very savvy player. Unlike a lot of others, he isn't great at one aspect but respectable in many.

We have the nucleus of a pretty decent team. It's certainly not time to blow it up. I know, it gets frustrating but I've been a fan since 1967 and have seen many worse times. Since 1990, we are spoiled and rightfully so. Our record is probably in the top 6 or 7 in total wins since the early 90's. We really haven't had a real down time for quite a while. Even in the last 3 years, with all the upheaval and distractions, we are better off than half the league.

We have good owners that are not going to give up on having a top-notch team. We just have to be a little patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Roferr View Post
    Don't quite know why so many people are down on Dun. He's an unselfish player that can get 'er done in many ways....a very savvy player. Unlike a lot of others, he isn't great at one aspect but respectable in many.
    I agree and something that caught my eye was Dun making a simple bounce pass. Perfect, nothing fancy, just fundamentally sound.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Quote Originally Posted by justinDOHMAN View Post
    We are honestly a pretty bad team with a lot of good players.
    I don't think we are above average at any position other than starting power forward, and perhaps backup center (Jeff), so I'm not quite getting the "lot of good players" part.

We have a couple of POTENTIALLY good players in Danny, Ike, and Marquis and some decent role players.

This is a 0.500 team or less in talent, frankly. there should not be meltdowns here unless we lose 10 in a row, becuase what you see isn't much off what any of the unbiased prognosticators predicted for the "Indy .500s"

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Actually Tinsley is not that bad of a starting point guard, but where he excels in being creative with the offense and getting guys easy looks which is usually bogged down by Rick telling him what he can or can't do. If Tinsley could just play defense we'd be fine. So the points where he is good he isn't allowed to contribute and the parts he's horrible in make him appear even less than how good he really is.

We have been spoiled in years past
    But remember this, It had to get worse before it could get better.
    I brought up the same exact points in the kings game thread or post game thread I agree 100%.