Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Post Game Thread - Pacers Put On Offensive Show

Default Re: Post Game Thread - Pacers Put On Offensive Show

I saw a 78-46 score or something to that on my phone and thought "Is JO not playing?" now i see he was...boy we are in more trouble then we thought
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Dude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also this team has given up, there was no FIGHT at all in them. They all look like "whatever, in 48 minutes I get to my check and I'm gone."

It would not hurt to fire Rick right now and make either or Johnny Davis or what ever his name is head coach, and just let them play.
    take it from a guy who has seen the magic with johnny davis...oh yes it will hurt worse!
    and this team i can't believe em...
    can it get any lower?
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

Banned

Indiana Pacers Current Win Percentage: .500

Win Percentages Needed for Top-10 Pick: .448

Keep hope alive!

Well,

I was at the game tonight. First time to Staples Center, and I have to say it's impressive.

That was the worse I've seen the Pacers play, in person.

First of all, they "dumped" it down in the post and back out all night. I didn't see any ball movement in the second half..no attempts at getting good baskets.

I think Jamaal was the only player in double figures tonight. In the first half, only five Pacers scored. I haven't looked at the numbers yet, but I'm guessing we shot in the 20s or 30s. Even the FT% seemed bad.

Jamaal did a good job figthing through picks tonight. My #1 concern for him every night is his defense, and he seemed to try, for the most part. Good game for him at least, though not saying much. I also have to say that Mike Dunleavy did a **** poor job of coaching tonight. They ran one pick and roll in the 1st quarter against Tinsley, then three in a row when Armstrong came in. Oh, and most of their plays were for Maggette, who was facing Danny Granger. If I'm Dunleavy, the ball's going to Brand on every play. Murphy=no.

Last thing. Jamaal and Jermaine had quite the argument on the bench in the fourth quarter. It lasted two/three minutes, and they were both completely disgusted. I'll have to check and see if any of my pictures caught it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    Well,

I was at the game tonight. First time to Staples Center, and I have to say it's impressive.

That was the worse I've seen the Pacers play, in person.

First of all, they "dumped" it down in the post and back out all night. I didn't see any ball movement in the second half..no attempts at getting good baskets.

I think Jamaal was the only player in double figures tonight. In the first half, only five Pacers scored. I haven't looked at the numbers yet, but I'm guessing we shot in the 20s or 30s. Even the FT% seemed bad.

Jamaal did a good job figthing through picks tonight. My #1 concern for him every night is his defense, and he seemed to try, for the most part. Good game for him at least, though not saying much. I also have to say that Mike Dunleavy did a **** poor job of coaching tonight. They ran one pick and roll in the 1st quarter against Tinsley, then three in a row when Armstrong came in. Oh, and most of their plays were for Maggette, who was facing Danny Granger. If I'm Dunleavy, the ball's going to Brand on every play. Murphy=no.

Last thing. Jamaal and Jermaine had quite the argument on the bench in the fourth quarter. It lasted two/three minutes, and they were both completely disgusted. I'll have to check and see if any of my pictures caught it.
    Were you the guy in the Pacers jersey with no shirt on underneath it, sitting next to a blond haired lady? If so, the camera was focused solely on you for about 10 seconds and the Chris DeNardi even mentioned you two.

Nope. I thought about going with that look, but decided it was a bad idea.

Actually there were quite a few Pacers fans there. Everyone in my section (minus two people) was rooting for them.

Banned

I'd like to see some pictures of Pacers arguing. Just to see some heart in a Pacers uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobol Sam View Post
    I'd like to see some pictures of Pacers arguing. Just to see some heart in a Pacers uniform.
    Me too. I don't have good shots from the game, but here're a few pics.

Here's a shot outside the arena.

Here's a pregrame pic. Shawne Williams and Rawle Marshall seem to get along very well.

Here's a shot after the Clippers took a 30 point lead. This is when Carlisle put the starters back in ::shakes head::.

And finally, here is a shot a few minutes later and directly after the O'Neal/Tinsley argument. Jermaine (end of the bench) is still facing Jamaal, who is now without a headband...anyone with a program that can zoom that in?

Well, here's the best I can do, I think:

Couple more thoughts...

We put up 64 points against a stingy Clippers defense.

Really though, the Clippers defense isn't good. It's just that they didn't have to work at all. It's very hard to get good looks when you're not moving the ball around. I saw a handful of plays where the PG refused to swing the ball around to one of two open perimeter guys, instead going for the re-entry. This happened all night. And twice on the fast break, Ike Diogu was wide open. One of them he was running uncontested down the middle of the floor, and nobody caught it. The other he was under the basket. Instead, we passed it to the wing and out of bounds.

Met LA at the game. We missed the 1st part of the second half while sitting outside. And I guess it was a "conundrum", but it turns out I wouldn't've missed much had I stayed outside. Very cool to meet other Pacers fans.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    Well, here's the best I can do, I think:

Wow - Lee Harvey Oswald DID act alone!!!
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The team didnt do this bad with Isiah Thomas and he was canned. why does this coach have a job? Other than larry likes him?

Quote Originally Posted by Ike>Milsap>Maxiell View Post
    You should change your nick to Millsap,Maxiell,Ike

Is there even a snowball's chance in hell we can turn it around from a morale standpoint? We know talent/performance wise we just dont' measure up to certain teams. The team looks spent and broken emotionally.

It's painful to watch, but I just keep thinking if this in fact is about what we can expect the rest of the way, I'm actually liking our lottery protected chances more by the day.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Calgary Jazz View Post
    You should change your nick to Millsap,Maxiell,Ike
    If at some point in the future Milsap becomes a better player than Ike, I'll consider it. As of now, I'll keep it the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by panthro_1 View Post
    The team didnt do this bad with Isiah Thomas and he was canned. why does this coach have a job? Other than larry likes him?
    What are you saying? We had a whoooole lot more talent when I.T. was coach prior to management (and the players they acquired) jacked up this team. ...and even RC could win 61 games AFTER I.T. left.

Go Pacers...

I saw Jeff arguing. He got upset with Mike Dunleavy on the first play of the game when Jeff tried to pass it to Mike. I later saw Jeff upset at a couple of other players while on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Ike>Milsap>Maxiell View Post
    If at some point in the future Milsap becomes a better player than Ike, I'll consider it. As of now, I'll keep it the way it is.

Millsap is already way better defender and the only advantage on offense Ike has is better free throw percentage.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Millsap is already way better defender and the only advantage on offense Ike has is better free throw percentage.
    Don't give him the time of day. His next screen name will be Tinsley>Williams>Billups.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

I found it interesting how Rick took Ike and Green out after each seemingly refused to play help defense. He brought JT and JO back in for a couple of minutes midway through the 4th and then brought Ike and Green back into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I found it interesting how Rick took Ike and Green out after each seemingly refused to play help defense. He brought JT and JO back in for a couple of minutes midway through the 4th and then brought Ike and Green back into the game.
    It doesn't make sense to put starters back in when your 30 points down. Put a couple other bench players in if they don't want to play defense. Makes about as much sense as the club rio menu.

From the CharBroiler
    8oz New York Strip w/fries
    texas toast, salad 8.00
    8oz Ribeye w/fries, texas
    toast, salad 8.00
    Grilled Chicken Breast
    sandwich w/fries 6.00
    Half-Pound Hamburger
    w/ fries 6.00
    Half-Pound Cheeseburger
    w/ fries 6.50
    From the Pizza Oven
    4x6 School Pizza
    Cheese 4.50
    Pepperoni 5.00
    Sausage 5.00
    Saus/Pepp 6.00

Which would you rather have an 8oz NY strip with trimmings for $8 or a 4x6 cardboard school pizza (saus/pep of course) for $6
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

Banned

OT: Ike's a much more skilled offensive player. He's stronger, more mobile, and more tenacious than Millsap which results in the better post game, and he has a much, much better jump shot. Millsap may have a very slight advantage in rebounding and defense, but it's not enough to make up for the large offensive deficit.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This season is slowly driving me crazy
    The NBA ... it's fannnnnnnnn-tastic! I LOVE this game!

it's getting UGLY...what can the pacers do? have a team meeting? SOMETHING to revitalize and not ruin the season...wow at 26-21 we were looking at a top spot in the east. Now we arent even going to make the playoffs? SAD!
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER