Thread: Reagor Cut

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Reagor Cut

INDIANAPOLIS – They arrived within two weeks of one another, signing with the Colts as free agents in 2003.

And for the past four seasons, defensive tackle Montae Reagor and wide receiver Brandon Stokley have been key members of four AFC South championship teams, inspirational leaders on one of the NFL’s elite teams.

Each was released by the team this week, the club announced Friday.

Reagor, an eight-year veteran, signed with the Colts as an unrestricted free agent on March 1, 2003, having spent the first four seasons of his career with the Denver Broncos.

Reagor, 29, immediately became a starter and a locker-room leader, starting 40 games from 2003-2005 and registering 10.5 sacks during that span.

He also started the first five games of this season, but on October 22 – shortly before the Colts’ 36-22 victory over the Washington Redskins – Reagor sustained head injuries in an automobile injury near the Colts’ complex.

He did not play again last season, and the team placed him on the reserve/non-football injury list shortly after a 45-21 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles in late November.

Reagor finished the season with 10 tackles and a pass defensed with a forced fumble and a fumble recovery.

Stokley, like Reagor, accompanied the Colts to Super Bowl XLI in Miami, and also like Reagor, had this past season shortened by injuries.

http://mirror.colts.com/sub.cfm?page...7&news_id=4686

-----------------------

It's weird that it's like that in the NFL, in that a player gets hurt and a team clearly misses his play and then cuts him after the season.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

woman without a team

Default Re: Reagor Cut

Quote Originally Posted by naturallystoned View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's weird that it's like that in the NFL, in that a player gets hurt and a team clearly misses his play and then cuts him after the season.
    As much as I hate to say it I really doubt Monte's going to be able to play football again.

Mood

yeah it was tough to see them let him go but the NFL is a business...and thats what was best for the team, also like grace said in all likelihood his career is done. sadly
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

woman without a team

Let me rephrase my earlier post: I hate to say it, but because of his injuries from his car accident I doubt he'll ever be able to play football again.

Whatever his prospects for recovery this was going to happen anyway - he would have received a million dollar roster bonus otherwise. The cap situation's too tight and he isn't that good.

I have zero info on his head injuries myself so I have nothing on the prospects of his being re-signed.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

I think we should be fine with Corey Simon and Booogie man, best of luck to Montea Reager thought.

woman without a team

Is Corey going to be well enough to play?

Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    Is Corey going to be well enough to play?
    The Corey Simon situation just seems odd to me. When it first went down we were hearing rumblings of a ruckus between he and the Colts yet there he was at the game signing autographs last season. And he didn't look like he had ballooned in weight like some reports had said either.

Wasn't he at the SB celebration too?

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    The Corey Simon situation just seems odd to me. When it first went down we were hearing rumblings of a ruckus between he and the Colts yet there he was at the game signing autographs last season. And he didn't look like he had ballooned in weight like some reports had said either.

Wasn't he at the SB celebration too?

-Bball
    I did not see him at the Super Bowl Celebration at all. Ive got it on my DVR still have have went through it and just did not see him anywhere. If knew where he was let me know and ill rewind it and see if i can spot the guy...cant be too hard to miss
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

woman without a team

I don't think he was at the Super Bowl. In fact when they listed the players that were on the injured list his name was never mentioned. I think technically he was classified as physically unable to play, but I never heard his name mentioned once during Super Bowl week.

Does anyone know what happened to Vincent "Sweet Pea" Burns from Kentucky?
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kaufman View Post
    He was cut i believe before the season started with CB Von Hutchins

Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    I don't think he was at the Super Bowl. In fact when they listed the players that were on the injured list his name was never mentioned. I think technically he was classified as physically unable to play, but I never heard his name mentioned once during Super Bowl week.
    IIRC at one point during the season there was talk that the Colts were going to designate him as having a "non-football related injury" and try to have his contract voided. Don't know where all that's at.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Quote Originally Posted by REL31 View Post
    He was cut i believe before the season started with CB Von Hutchins
    I didn't know he was cut? Was it the injuries or just his play?

Quote Originally Posted by George Foreman View Post
    I didn't know he was cut? Was it the injuries or just his play?
    Didn't he get into some trouble? (I'm talking about Sweet Pea).

---
    Ahhh yes... Google confirmed my memory:

----

Colts Player Arrested After Disturbance In Kentucky
    Police: Burns Acted As If He Were Going To Strike Officer

Police early Friday arrested and used a stun gun on an Indianapolis Colts player outside a nightclub in Lexington, Ky., authorities in that city said.

Defensive lineman Vincent "Sweet Pea" Burns was part of a group in an altercation outside the bar, police Capt. Mark Barnard said. When police tried to disperse the group, Burns pulled his arm back as if to hit an officer, and that is when police used a stun gun on Burns, according to Barnard.

Burns faces misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct and menacing. He was released on bond.

Burns, who was drafted by the Colts last year in the third round, played three years at the University of Kentucky, which is in Lexington. An injury prevented him from playing in any Colts games last season.

Colts spokesman Craig Kelley told 6News that the team was aware of the arrest and was in a fact-finding process. He declined to comment further.

http://www.theindychannel.com/sports...29/detail.html

----

I'm pretty sure he was cut following that incident.

-Bball

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Colts spokesman Craig Kelley told 6News that the team was aware of the arrest and was in a fact-finding process. He declined to comment further.
    -Bball

I'm sure it's a process alright.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Mood

He was on the practice squad at one point last year, but he was not resigned after the season.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Didn't he get into some trouble? (I'm talking about Sweet Pea).

---
    Ahhh yes... Google confirmed my memory:

----

-Bball
    Dang, I didn't think he was the type of person who'd do something like that(even if he was just convicted of a couple of misdemeanor charges). However, this article was written almost a year ago, I wonder what happened to him.

Its kind of funny considering that there really aren't any night clubs down here in Lexington...

At any rate it is surprising, he was known to be a good guy and really a pretty quiet reserved sort of person.
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

Its kind of funny considering that there really aren't any night clubs down here in Lexington...

At any rate it is surprising, he was known to be a good guy and really a pretty quiet reserved sort of person.
    Is Pure Gold no longer in operation down there?

-Bball

------

-John Wooden