Thread: Ravens release Jamaal Lewis

Hybrid View

Default Ravens release Jamaal Lewis

Just came on NFL live...and its also on espnews.
    LoneGranger33 said
    Agreed. As the members of Guns and Roses once said, "every rose has its thorn".

Default Re: Ravens release Jamaal Lewis

Pardon my ignorance, but isn't that somewhat surprising? I thought Lewis was considered to be a pretty good player? Is he too old now? Too worn down? Something else?

I think worn down is accurate.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think worn down is accurate.
    Yeah ever since 2003 he has been a shell of himself, although last year he did have some flashes of the old Jamal. Hard to say what he would want Salary wise and how much tread is left on those tires. Not really the squeaky clean kind of person Dungy would want to bring in most likely.

Why Not Us ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Slade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah ever since 2003 he has been a shell of himself, although last year he did have some flashes of the old Jamal. Hard to say what he would want Salary wise and how much tread is left on those tires. Not really the squeaky clean kind of person Dungy would want to bring in most likely.
    I just read this and was thinking to myself, Wasn't that Ray Lewis?

So I checked and realized that whenever I thought of a Baltimore Lewis committing a crime I just figured it was the same person.

So disregard my other post since I have a new philosophy - if his last name is Lewis and he plays football, just say no.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

In response to another thread, he'd be a good pickup for the Colts if you could get him cheap and if he's OK with splitting carries. A nice contrast to Addai - cut-back runner vs someone who spends most of his time between the tackles.

He's also an example of why keeping Rhodes isn't a high priority IMO - mid-level running backs are everywhere.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

I consume tiny briefs Robobtowncolt's Avatar

Just to answer one of Hicks' questions - No, this isn't surprising at all. Had been rumored for a long time. He had a 5 million dollar bonus he was about to recieve had he been on the roster, and the Ravens weren't going to pay that.
    Narf!

Jamal isn't old at all but he has a lot of wear and tear on his body. He's only 27, but he has also carried the rock a ton over the past 7 years in the NFL. I think he will have a bounce back season this year if he does not go back to Baltimore because he was playing hurt all this year (bone spurs) and Baltimore's offensive line is one of the worst in the NFL. Having Steve McNair helped cover up their offensive lines extreme weakness, but Baltimore had arguably one of the worst run and pass blocking OLines in the league. Any pocket passer behind that OLine would have gotten destroyed.

So I think Jamal could post 1400-1500 yards with a good YPC on a team with a good OLine, but he wont be doing it in Baltimore unless they get some serious help on the offensive line. I personally hope New England makes a run at him once they release Dillon.

As for his jail time, I think he just made a really stupid mistake. I actually met Jamal once after a Falcons game and he was one of the nicest celebrity athletes I have ever met.