Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Post Game - Pacers lose to Suns

Default Post Game - Pacers lose to Suns

The tank is on.

Me and Shade called it in the game thread, the Pacers got up 18 and Shade said I'm just waiting for them to collapse. And thats exactly what happend. This is a really bad joke that the Pacers play, its sad that I'm not confident in my team with a 18 point lead. And there is no reason to be confident we lose the lead everytime. If there is a way possible to lose a game we will try and do it.

Another great game by JO wasted. Best game of the season for him actually. Jermaine O'Neal is better then Amare Stoudamire in everything other then dunking good. But ohh well what can you do when you get triple teamed and not one of your teammates can make a bucket.

GO PACERS

Default Re: Post Game - Pacers lose to Suns

This might be unintentional tanking

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

What's up with Danny Granger?
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

JO>>>>Amare.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Peyton's at the Vols game and Pat Summit is in a cheerleading outfit.... WOW! lol

BTW Pacers blew an 18pt lead tonight, and no one in Indiana was surprised!!

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's in a slump, but he did his thing defensively and was decent on the boards. I can't point this loss at any one person. I can only say we just got beat by a much better team. At least we were sort of expected to lose but put up a big fight, unlike in the Kings game.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    No joke! honestly maybe Rick forgot when we brought Granger off the bench and rotated him in with marquis he got some crazy line like 20pts with some ridiculous shooting percentage and it didn't take away from marquis daniels.

Here's my idea, lets put shawne into the game starting he can't do any worse than granger at this points and bring granger off the bench.

Sports Logo

I still cant figure out why Rick cant see that Foster and Quis should be starting.

Every other team starts thier best pg, sg, sf, pf, c

We on the other hand start our best pg , sf (most of the time anyway) and pf.

Our best center and sg are coming off the bench and I just cant figure it out. I know some people think Quis plays best with the bench but thats just because we run more plays for him then. He should still be starting over MD

Rick will probably say something heady in the post-game quotes like "It's hard to win if you're allowing the other team to go on a 44-14 run".

Well, Jermaine had a hell of a game. It's too bad we stopped going to him. We were passing to him and he was making all the right passes. And then we stopped going to him.

All I can do is shake my head at this team. What gives? Something, please.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

actually this post game interview rick sounds like's about ready to have a breakdown and cry his eyes out.

Anyone who questions the Pacers effort tonight is way, way off base.

And Dat Dude, as I was in the stands tonight and the Suns were making their run I had visions of you jumping up and down cheering for the Suns. I thought you wanted the Pacers to lose every game

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Anyone who questions the Pacers effort tonight is way, way off base.

And Dat Dude, as I was in the stands tonight and the Suns were making their run I had visions of you jumping up and down cheering for the Suns. I thought you wanted the Pacers to lose every game
    I wasnt jumping up, I wasnt mad though at all. I expected us to lose before the game and I expected us to lose when we got the 18 point lead.

Like I said the TANK is on.

A few things are clear to me after the game.

-Mike Dunleavy takes a lot of crap from this board, and I think undeservedly so, but I don't think he's a guy you leave on the floor to finish a game. He should be starting, but put Marquis or someone else in to finish. He does not close the game well at all

-We can run our offense through Jermaine O'Neal, but we have to have motion when he gets the ball. We saw two different scenarios tonight. One of them had MDJ passing to Jermaine in the post. MDJ immediately cuts on one play and gets a layup pass from Jermaine. Same play is ran again, this time Jermaine turns and makes on single coverage. The other scenario involves Granger passing to Jermaine in the post. Granger does not move, which allows his guy to double down on Jermaine without having to pay for it.

My point? GTFO Danny. Make the defense work, or at least stay honest.

-Is there any reason to start Troy Murphy? Honestly? He's awful on defense, and he's made it harder on Jermaine to score. He stuffs stat sheets, scores lots of points quickly, but not effectively. OH, and he doesn't box out. The Suns had like 5 offensive rebounds in the early part of the first quarter. I think he's a nice guy, and personally I like him, but I'd be fine if he didn't play again, or at least came off the bench.

-Anyone see Darrell Armstrong after the Suns took a 10 point lead? That is the FIRST time I've seen him dejected. That, to me, says all I need to know about our season.

-I'm worried about Marquis' injury. I know it's knee tendinitis, but he was walking gingerly tonight. I hate to say this, but it reminds me of Bender.

-Danny Granger has completely hit a rut. I'm not sure what his deal is, but he played his worst game as a Pacer tonight. Being taken out of the starting lineup against Sacto has done something to him, imo. He was playing great before that game, and it's a mind game when your coach takes you out, regardless of the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Dude View Post
    I wasnt jumping up, I wasnt mad though at all. I expected us to lose before the game and I expected us to lose when we got the 18 point lead.

Like I said the TANK is on.
    Tank by definition means the team is trying to lose, and that is clearly not the case.

Tank by definition means the team is trying to lose, and that is clearly not the case.
    Well the fans have their own tank. The team is not trying to lose but they will lose and thats the fan tank. Seriously UB, I want this team to be AMAZING and win the finals but they cant this is not a good team. We cant beat a good team, so I'm hoping for a next best thing and thats a top 10 pick.

And Imawhat I agree with you Murphy needs to be benched. He puts up a whole bunch of empty stats, at least when Feisty is on we can count on him for rebounding and D.

I won't argue with anyone who isn't happy with Murphy. But I will argue about Dunleavy. He's a keeper. He has great basketball instincts and a great basketball IQ

Honestly I'm up for trying anything at this point to salvage the season.

I'd like to see Ike start with Jermaine. That way he'd have two guys down low that can score AND play defense. If he gets in foul trouble, bring Foster in. I don't know, I just think the best way to take pressure off of Jermaine is to put another legit low post threat in the game. Too bad Ike has to learn how to pass out of a double team.

I won't argue with anyone who isn't happy with Murphy. But I will argue about Dunleavy. He's a keeper. He has great basketball instincts and a great basketball IQ
    Dunleavy is not even close to as bad as Murphy is. I thought this guy was a much better shooter, JO is getting doubled more then when Jeff was starting. And the fact that he got a 50+ million dollar contract makes me want to puke.

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    Honestly I'm up for trying anything at this point to salvage the season.

I'd like to see Ike start with Jermaine. That way he'd have two guys down low that can score AND play defense. If he gets in foul trouble, bring Foster in. I don't know, I just think the best way to take pressure off of Jermaine is to put another legit low post threat in the game. Too bad Ike has to learn how to pass out of a double team.
    I dont know why the NEVER play together, Rick doesnt even try it out. What could it hurt to have to players to score in the post together on the floor. The game they played together Ike had 19 points and was a beast. Rick should try it out every now and then.

I don't like it b/c they blew an 18 pt lead, but I'll take it despite the L because at least there was evident effort tonight. That's all I ask and it obviously was sorely lacking the last two.

Now, I have an idea regarding MDJ. He does have some good qualities although I think he's destined to be a role player. I think they need to just tell him to give up the 3 aspirations. What if we just try to get him a few feet closer on open outside looks. I bet he hits somewhate better. I think maybe he just won't ever be a long-range threat. Maybe it's a mental block or something.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    A few things are clear to me after the game.

-We can run our offense through Jermaine O'Neal, but we have to have motion when he gets the ball. We saw two different scenarios tonight. One of them had MDJ passing to Jermaine in the post. MDJ immediately cuts on one play and gets a layup pass from Jermaine. Same play is ran again, this time Jermaine turns and makes on single coverage. The other scenario involves Granger passing to Jermaine in the post. Granger does not move, which allows his guy to double down on Jermaine without having to pay for it.

Bingo. Also throw Quis as someone who runs that play with some regularity. Danny kept showing flashes tonight, but tempered with moments of perpetual stillness. I'm starting to hope he's like a wide receiver... year 3, he puts it all together.

Why couldn't RC find some time for Shawne tonight? I thought he could've matched up well.

What I'm finding so frustrating about this team is the spurts of great basketball we get to see here and there. And then it goes away.

Was anyone else begging for Marquis during that like 10-possession period we were down by 5 and couldn't manufacture a point?

Dat Dude, Jermaine was a stud yet again tonight... on both ends.

Am I the only one, or could no one else conjure up the picture of Tinsley picking up Nash at 3/4 court?
    "I mean, you'd walk into our dressing room and run into Mel Daniels holding a .45 -- it makes you wonder."

Bob Netolicky

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Dude View Post
    I dont know why the NEVER play together, Rick doesnt even try it out. What could it hurt to have to players to score in the post together on the floor. The game they played together Ike had 19 points and was a beast. Rick should try it out every now and then.
    I think RC is confusing Ike with Al Harrington. I think JO and Ike complement each other much better. JO needs a more physical presence than Al in the paint. That's why Foster is the best matchup on the team for JO. Ike is not as tall, but has a heavier, longer and wider body than Al and therefore has a lower center of gravity. As a result, Ike is more effective in the paint on D and O. He just needs game experience to develop. There is no reason not to play him with Jermaine. NONE AT ALL. This team is going to tank the rest of the way anyway....and Ike should be getting developed.

The worst thing TPTB could do is win just enough games to make the playoffs and fail to develop Ike. It's time to start making the right decisions.

Dunleavy works really well with JO. They play great off eachother. I think that is why he is starting instead of Marquis.

The Suns commentators made an interesting observation about Dun. They said he has all the tools to be a really good player, hes very smart about the game and he is surprisingly athletic. However he is holding himself back mentally. He is having confidence problems and thats what keeps him from reaching his potential.

Startin LineupJO
    IKE
    GRANGER
    QUIS

TINS p>we should try starting IKE and QUIS. Shake this ship up, I'm not into the tank season thta some speak of here. Mix it up...give the young a chance. JO has been playing great, keep him!