Thread: Better coaching moves

Default Better coaching moves

The last 2 games have been the worst coached gams by R.C. Playing Toronto on friday the 2nd unit was playing real good in the 4th andwas able to get the lead down to 10 points then he put the starters back in. That had stopped all the energy on the floor.
    Now what was the most stupid move was starting J.T. guarding Martin in the second half. How do you put your worst defensive player on the top scorer from the other team? Martin broke loose to score 21 points in the quarter plus J.T. got in to foul trouble.

Need to see MORE playing time for BASTON. He plays with energy and adds more speed to the front line!

Default Re: Better coaching moves

The lead was actually 14 when the starters came back in and the raptors were at the line for two free throws which they hit so really the lead was 16. The bench did all they could- they were getting dead tired - I thoiught that was obvious.

The Sac game Martin scored 4 points vs Tins in the third and 10 in around 45 seconds against Marshall.

I don't like Rick either but pay attention next time.

I do not know what game you were at but Martin had his way with J.T. All that J.T. would do was grab him until he picked up his 4th foul (real fast) by then Martin was on a roll . I agree with MARSHAL getting burn bad also.

Quote Originally Posted by BBALL56HACKER View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do not know what game you were at but Martin had his way with J.T. All that J.T. would do was grab him until he picked up his 4th foul (real fast) by then Martin was on a roll . I agree with MARSHAL getting burn bad also.
    Yeah I see a several people defending JT's D on Martin in the 3rd around the board with the fact that he was on the bench due to fouls. One way to interpret that based on my viewing of that stretch is that his inability to contain Martin (whom he never should have been guarding to begin with) directly led to that foul trouble. He resorted to fouling b/c he had no chance to stop the blow buys. Either way, not a testament to his solid D on Martin.

The reason why Rick went with DA and Jamaal to start the second half was to put Armstrong on Bibby (Bibby was torching Tinsley in the first half, Martin wasn't a huge factor in the first half) but Rick wanted to keep Jamaal in the game to ruin the offense, so he tried him on Martin. The move didn't work. But it wasn't without some logic and sound thinking

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by The Guy who coined the term 'shot ****'
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    but Rick wanted to keep Jamaal in the game to ruin the offense
    Priceless.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you