Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grossest. Sports Injury. Ever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Grossest. Sports Injury. Ever.

Yes, it's not only very possible, it's almost no doubt he'll be fine.

It's getting to the point where injuries aren't the end all they used to be. 10yrs ago, an ACL injury would be career threatening. Now you're back playing close to 100% in 6mons, depending on resources for rehab.

There's a player at BSU right now that tore the same knee up twice in less than a year and he's played this entire season looking pretty good.

It's a serious injury as far as pain and it's gruesome to see, but he should be fine phsyically. It's at the point now where your only in real danager if you tear something more than 3 or 4 times. It's only that way because of the lack of things to replace the damaged ligaments with, as opposed to the actual injury it's self.

EDIT: Now it's came out that he tore his ACL PCL and MCL, so it adds more to it. He *should* make a full recovery, but it will take a lot longer than if it was just a tear of one of the ligaments. Like I said later in this thread, Willis McGahee tore all four ligaments and he's operating pretty well right now, so we'll see.

Ah k, well that's good. Wouldn't wish that injury on anyone.
    Thanks 86.

This injury is really, really, really ****ing disgusting.

Ouch! Man, what an injury. I really feel for Livingston. When he planted his foot, it looked normal. Did he have previous damage to the knee before?

Still trying to understand what went wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Still trying to understand what went wrong...

I dont understand either, honestly! I am no expert on this area but all i know is to dislocate or brake a leg like that is actually very hard to do... it takes tremendous power and force... but Livingston just landed, a bit wrong, still it snapped off like if his leg was a stick. I land like that everyday in practice or basketball games, its no big deal, i have played in about 15 years and never broke anything and i have landed on all kinda different ways you can imagine... so its especially very mindboggling for me to see someone brake something this easy!

I always think that those persons never drink/drinked milk to have enough vitamine A or something, hehe. Or i think that they have very weak bonestructure... god knows!

The weirdest injury is with that soccer player "Henrik Larsson", just look at that video! His opponent just touches his leg while its in air from behind and it just snaps! I really dont understand what causes a bone to brake that easy sometimes....

Maybe you "SINCE86" can explain this for us?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't think it was that bad, now those kickboxing ones were like, ick.

I read that he tore every ligament in his knee, if he ever comes back from that it will be one hell of a comeback. Didnt that happen to Robert Edwards from the Patriots and they almost had to cut his leg off.

I wish Livingston all the best, hope he somehow makes a full recovery.

The Los Angeles Clippers reported that under the supervision of team physician Dr. Tony Daly, guard Shaun Livingston underwent a Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) exam on Tuesday morning at Centinela Freeman Regional Medical Center in Inglewood. The MRI revealed that Livingston suffered tears to the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), posterior cruciate ligament (PCL), medial collateral ligament (MCL) and lateral meniscus. Livingston also suffered a patella dislocation, in addition to the previously diagnosed tibia/femoral dislocation. The prognosis on Livingston's return to basketball activity is eight to twelve months.

Yeah. Ouch.

Poor kid. I feel so bad for had such a bright future ahead of him. Makes me wonder if he wasnt so skinny if this would have happened.

Man I hate these kind of things, it's one of those you don't want to see but can't stop yourself from looking. Feel Bad for him.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMltKsoDwe8&NR=1
    press pause on the second slow-mo replay around 0:12 mark

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Dude View Post
    I read that he tore every ligament in his knee, if he ever comes back from that it will be one hell of a comeback. Didnt that happen to Robert Edwards from the Patriots and they almost had to cut his leg off.

I wish Livingston all the best, hope he somehow makes a full recovery.
    Willis McGahee completely tore up his knee, every thing was completely torn, and I would say he's doing just fine with his 1000yd season.

As far to why it happens, I have no clue. All I know is that they just do. There's a lot of variables, but ??????

It's likely that genetics play a factor in Livingston's knee. He had a similar problem to his other knee in high school. He may've grown too fast, or his kneecaps were disproportionate in size to the joint structure. But that's just a guess, and I truly don't know.

This injury sort of reminds me when Charles Barkley tore his patella tendon by planting his leg on the ground. It doesn't look like it could happen, but it does.

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    It's likely that genetics play a factor in Livingston's knee. He had a similar problem to his other knee in high school. He may've grown too fast, or his kneecaps were disproportionate in size to the joint structure. But that's just a guess, and I truly don't know.

This injury sort of reminds me when Charles Barkley tore his patella tendon by planting his leg on the ground. It doesn't look like it could happen, but it does.
    similar to what happened to Johnathan Bender eH, they grew to fast for the body to handle so much pressure, and added pressure when starting to play Profressional basketball....

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

From all accounts I've heard, Livingston will be out at least a year.

Looks like I called it right, though. He dislocated it so badly that he he tore up pretty much all the ligaments around it. It'll be a while before he'll likely even be able to walk again.