Thread: ABA Owners - Keeper League Opportunity

Default ABA Owners - Keeper League Opportunity

Dear ABA Owners,

I have one Keeper League team right now that's available to be taken over by a new owner. This is not a new expansion team but an existing team whose owner has dropped out. Right now that team is 5-11 and in line to pick somewhere between 5 and 10 in next year's draft. The roster is as follows:

Mike James
    Kevin Martin
    Monta Ellis
    Andres Nocioni
    Donyell Marshall
    Travis Outlaw
    Boris Diaw
    Omeka Okafor
    Brandon Roy
    Marvin Williams
    David West
    Joel Pryzbilla

An extremely rough overview of the KL is this: From one season to the next, each team retains 9 players from the previous season. We have a 3-rd draft each fall with the poorest team from the previous season selecting first. Teams submit their 9-player protected lists to me about a week before the draft. We do trade over the summer, beginning whenever the NBA opens FA signings (usually around August 1) through the date for protected lists being submitted.

If you're interested, please contact me either by e-mail or PM me here. The way this works is as follows: Once I have some interested owners I submit those names to the current KL owners for a vote where they rank their preferences. Even if you're not selected at this point you may have a later opportunity if someone drops out before the start of the season.

Also, keep in mind that I'm basing this on the assumption that we can find a fantasy site with scoring similar to what sports.ws had - either with that site re-opening or another option. Based on owner comments, I highly doubt the KL will survive in its current form with a site with scoring similar to NBA.com.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Default Re: ABA Owners - Keeper League Opportunity

Bump.

Two ABA Owners have expressed an interest and IMO both would make good Keeper League additions. I also may have a second team available but I'm going to wait a little bit to make that official - I just sent that owner an e-mail. If anyone else is interested, please PM me. The deadline to express interest is next Friday.

Here's my plan. IF we end up with more prospective owners than slots I'll post a vote thread on the KL site next weekend for owners to respond to. If we don't end up with that I'll simply ask current owners if there's any reason why we shouldn't add the two new owners. Then you guys will have to fight over which teams you get.

I'll PM the two who have responded so far with some additional details.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If it comes to a vote amoung 3 or more people, I will have my Pay Pal account info. handy for perspective owners to make their "franchise application fee" deposits to. Of course they are non-refundable, but will go a long way to securing my vote. I would then split the fees amoung our current ownership group, minus my handleing fee of course.

By the way, the fee thing is a joke, but you can still contact me if you want to buy my vote!

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it comes to a vote amoung 3 or more people, I will have my Pay Pal account info. handy for perspective owners to make their "franchise application fee" deposits to. Of course they are non-refundable, but will go a long way to securing my vote. I would then split the fees amoung our current ownership group, minus my handleing fee of course.

By the way, the fee thing is a joke, but you can still contact me if you want to buy my vote!
    Uh-oh.

Note to self - look at any of Ken's summer trades very closely!