Thread: Where is Ike?

Default Where is Ike?

before the allstar break, Ike was getting some minutes. in the last 2 games he has played a total of like 8 minutes, 6 of those coming vs the Raptors. What the heck? When he was in before th break i thought he played well and the team did to. Now he is just sitting the bench.

Default Re: Where is Ike?

He's losing minutes to Baston, which I'm fine with.

I'd hoped we'd use Ike and David Harrison as trade sweeteners before the deadline.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I'd hoped we'd use Ike and David Harrison as trade sweeteners before the deadline.
    If we ended up trading Ike, then the Warriors - Pacers trade would officially be the worst trade this team has ever made.

Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post

We'd have been limited in scope as to what we could have done. Ike has a trade restriction that keeps him from being traded with anyone. He can only be traded by himself. And due to the contract he has, there's no way we get equal value. I think that's why they chose to ride the season out. These trade restrictions drop off, and they'll have much more flexibility in the off season as to what they can do/ah

Sports Logo

Ike is where he should be as a sophmore Big Man that has alot to learn.....playing behind JONeal, Murphy, Foster and ( hopefully...after yesterday's performance ) Baston and...for now...playing garbage time.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Ike has not looked good since the Memphis game, but should be getting minutes on the floor WITH JO instead of being left alone to be double teamed. It really bothers me that RC will not put them on the floor together. It is so obvious to me that they would help take pressure off each other...and place it directly on the defense. Why not have Baston and Foster split the backup minutes and let JO and Ike start?

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Why not have Baston and Foster split the backup minutes and let JO and Ike start?
    When would Murphy play?

Baston and Foster plays the same role....they play the "Defensive" Big Man role.

If Marquis is out for any amount of time...I expect Murphy to play more minutes and continue with Foster playing 20 minutes...only because we need scoring options on the floor.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Ike has not looked good since the Memphis game, but should be getting minutes on the floor WITH JO instead of being left alone to be double teamed. It really bothers me that RC will not put them on the floor together. It is so obvious to me that they would help take pressure off each other...and place it directly on the defense. Why not have Baston and Foster split the backup minutes and let JO and Ike start?
    Because then you don't have a low post threat on the 2nd squad. (but I'd like to see it too)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Dude View Post
    If we ended up trading Ike, then the Warriors - Pacers trade would officially be the worst trade this team has ever made.
    This may be the first time I've agreed with anything you've ever said.

The ONLY plausible reason to make this deal was to get Ike Diogu. Unless you get something earth-shattering for him in return, this goes down as a ridiculously complicated way to get rid of Stephen Jackson.

I have yet to see Donnie Walsh get bent over by any GM in the league, let alone Chris Mullin.

It's still only a worst-case scenario, though. I don't think Indiana is giving up on Ike that quickly.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by PacerMan View Post
    Because then you don't have a low post threat on the 2nd squad. (but I'd like to see it too)
    Harrison has been given several chances to crack the rotation, so I guess you might be right.

However, we could play Ike and JO together much more than we do now. ...at least give it a try. The rotations are not that tight.

I wouldn't freak out this early. Ike is the epitome of raw.

Next year though, I'd expect him to contribute.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What scares me about Ike on this team is our track record on developing big men. Say what you will, but I'm not conviced that Rick Carlisle is a good coach at developing talent, let alone front court talent.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    What scares me about Ike on this team is our track record on developing big men.
    like...Dale Davis? Antonio Davis? Rik Smits? Jeff Foster? Jermaine O'Neal?

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    like...Dale Davis? Antonio Davis? Rik Smits? Jeff Foster? Jermaine O'Neal?
    Give me a break, KStat. I know that I mis-spoke and said this team, but I ment to say the current coaching staff.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    Give me a break, KStat. I know that I mis-spoke and said this team, but I ment to say the current coaching staff.
    So...basically David Harrison? A guy who slipped to us because of a rumored shaky work ethic?

Yeah, I can't fault them for Harrison. He had problems that couldn't be helped.

All I can say is IKE is a keeper, love his game and his upside. Sure he is making mistakes like not passing when he should and going the rim a little too wild, but he is only in his second year. Some people on this board have been a little harsh on him. All I can say is give him time, this kid will shine, he just needs more time on the floor, period. RC has been giving him short mins. of late and at some point, something will have to change in order for him to grow, probably in the summer. Someone will have to be moved, who will it be, MACEO, JEFF, MURPH, or IKE? I am not sure, but my feeling is that TPTB will choose IKE to stay. But like they say, only time will tell.

I've been sold on Ike since that Pistons game last year. Let's wait it out. He shouldn't play for the same reasons Shawne Williams shouldn't play. They're raw. That's it. These guys will be good players in a few years, maybe even great.

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    I've been sold on Ike since that Pistons game last year.
    As much as I think Ike is a keeper, his game against the Pistons last year might be the most overrated moment this side of Iverson's scoring 40 in seven straight games and losing them all.

His team was getting crushed, and they pretty much just stood around and let Ike go 1-on-1 the entire 2nd half.

19 of his 27 points were scored after the Pistons went up by 20 in the 3rd quarter, and his team still lost by 12.

The kid had a good night, but wow the game happened over a year ago. Find something else about this kid to get excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    As much as I think Ike is a keeper, his game against the Pistons last year might be the most overrated moment this side of Iverson's scoring 40 in seven straight games and losing them all.

His team was getting crushed, and they pretty much just stood around and let Ike go 1-on-1 the entire 2nd half.

19 of his 27 points were scored after the Pistons went up by 20 in the 3rd quarter, and his team still lost by 12.

The kid had a good night, but wow the game happened over a year ago. Find something else about this kid to get excited about.
    Ack...we're slowly coming to the realization that the team is a mess and that trade was not that great after all...will you let me hold on to one precious moment?

i think maceo is a little better than ike.

Harrison has been given several chances to crack the rotation, so I guess you might be right.

However, we could play Ike and JO together much more than we do now. ...at least give it a try. The rotations are not that tight.
    Yeh, I really like David in the low post. I think he's got some nice moves, and with his size he can't really be stopped, but he's so lost everywhere else. Seems like they're giving up on him unless he's still hurting.
    Jermaine/Ike/Danny seems nice, but it's "small" with Ike as our muscle at 6'7" and Danny's having become so perimeter. Neither Jermaine or Ike block out much, so Jeff is a valuable thing to have out there too. I can't see Foster and Murphy being too effective together.

But I still want to see it too.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by croxia View Post
    i think maceo is a little better than ike.
    Right now and probably for another season....that statement is likely correct. Long-term.....my hope is that Ike will develop into the Low-Post threat that we wish that he is.