Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 84

Thread: Post Game Thread - Loss to Raps

  1. #26
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,215

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss to Raps

    Quote Originally Posted by Dat Dude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shawne played about 10-12 minutes and he out produced Dunleavy.
    Shawne was so good...he hit as many field goal attempts sitting on the bench that DunDun did for the entire 28 minutes he was on the floor.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  2. #27
    Member Evan_The_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, In. via Oakland, Ca.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,413

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss to Raps

    Quote Originally Posted by Dat Dude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I want to know what those little things are. I dont see no little things.
    Maybe he makes a killer Sprite/Gatorade slushie.

  3. #28

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss to Raps

    Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think I can sum it in one point in my estimation: complete lack of intensity and desire.

    That's pretty much it. We are easily, easily the worst energy/hustle team in the league, even with Darrell Armstrong. It's not even close.

    All Bird and Walsh could talk about was how we were bringing in players with high energy. Well, we sort of did, but we're leaving our lowest energy players in the starting lineup and they're playing 30-35 mpg.

  4. #29
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,215

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss to Raps

    Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We just looked really rusty.

    Jermaine said during the AS break that he thought the break was poorly timed because he felt the team was finally starting to come together. It will take a couple of games to get back into rhythm.
    I would believe that if we played like cr@p against the Bucks on Wednesday. We were beaten from the perimeter cuz we have no perimeter defenders.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  5. #30
    Member Evan_The_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, In. via Oakland, Ca.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,413

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss to Raps

    Kitt, I'm going to need you to get rid of Carlisle

  6. #31
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    7,107

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss to Raps

    Quote Originally Posted by odeez View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have a question. How can a player suck, when he only gets 6 mins in game? How can a player get in any type of flow? I am just tired of people getting on IKE, when he doesn't get enough time on the floor. He is not the one that sucked tonight.
    Did you see him when he got the ball in the post tonight? He turns into a tazmanian devil with his head down with no idea where his or other potential doubling defenders are. He looked completely in a hurry and out of sorts.

    I'm not saying he sucks period. But he looked lost and completely out of synch tonight IMO. Plus it really peeves me he's off the bench before Baston in the bigs category. Baston deserves to play IMO. He's productive when he gets minutes.

    This isn't the "NBA" thing to do I suppose, but if I were the coach, I'd start the unit that made the lone run tonight in the 4th in the next game.

  7. #32
    Member Evan_The_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, In. via Oakland, Ca.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,413

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss to Raps

    I love Ike, but yes he indeed sucked *** tonight.

  8. #33

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss to Raps

    Quote Originally Posted by Dat Dude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This team is not that good, teams are not leaving JO at all to guard Murphy, in fact they are doubling Jermaine more since the trade. I wish we could just simulate the month of March, NBA Live style because its going to get UGLY.


    I've been saying this since the first post-trade game. It's gotten much worse for Jermaine, and his play has really decline over the last month as a result. His teammates aren't taking any pressure off of him. THEN AGAIN, when your point guard isn't making plays and getting good shots it's hard to take the pressure off. He's getting assists, but in the Stephon Marbury way.

    It's going to take sinusitis, an injury, or a conviction, because Rick won't take him out..::shakes head::. And on top of it, he's positively reinforcing him and other players for their poor play and sending mixed messages by taking out players who are playing well.

  9. #34
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,171

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss to Raps

    Let's just promote Rick to the Front Office like his contract calls for, and relieve him of his coaching duties! Sounds a lot better, then you're fired

  10. #35
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss to Raps

    Quote Originally Posted by Dat Dude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LA its not rust, its called not being able to beat a good team.

    We pretty much need to be firing on all cylinders to win a game because our defense is so horrible.
    Well, you're absolutely right to criticize our inability to beat good teams and our suspect defense.

    But I honestly prefer being consistent in who we can beat and who we can't over experiencing last year all over again. Losing to the worst teams and beating (or competing against) good teams makes me crazy.

    If you are consistent, you can be corrected.

    If you are wildly inconsistent, nobody can do anything but critique "effort".

    Right now, we look to be a first round out, second round if we're lucky.

    I prefer that our team be consistent so that we know exactly what moves to make over the summer and each player knows exactly how to improve their games.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

    “If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

  11. #36
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    7,107

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss to Raps

    If Murphy can't hit his J, which he hasn't with regularity, he is absolutely no use to me. He couldn't guard his shadow. Start Baston or Foster over him.

    Hope he starts to shoot consistently otherwise his contract's gonna be even more of an albatross moving forward.

  12. #37
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,215

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss to Raps

    Quote Originally Posted by Ev_eezy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Total airhead move by Carlisle to go back to the starters. That was just ****ing stupid. The worst part about it is that we all saw it coming. I could see if we got it within 4 points and we brought back O'Neal, but to also bring in Murphy and Tinsley when Foster and Armstrong were hustling their asses off was just an idiot move. Carlisle did not have this team prepared to play and it showed. I can take losing, but losing in this fashion is the reason why I made the Fed Up thread a week ago. I feel like bumping it right now.
    I understand bringing back JONeal....I even understand bringing back Granger....I just don't understand bringing back Tinsley and Murphy.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  13. #38
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss to Raps

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would believe that if we played like cr@p against the Bucks on Wednesday. We were beaten from the perimeter cuz we have no perimeter defenders.
    Again, you're right about our defense.

    BUT - we went to 2 OT's and then put in travel time. Our perimeter defense should normally be good enough to take away at least 10-15 of those points tonight.

    Our guys looked tire as hell.

    Liability on D + Tired/Rusty = Embarrassment.

    Remove tired/rusty, and the game could have been won.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

    “If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

  14. #39
    Gotta Play Big
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,737

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss to Raps

    This team has simply lost too much in terms of talent and veteran experience to play very well. It is not a well put together team to boot.

    We need an extreme makeover.

  15. #40

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss to Raps

    Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I prefer that our team be consistent so that we know exactly what moves to make over the summer and each player knows exactly how to improve their games.
    We're consistently getting our a55e5 kicked in the 1st quarter because we come out flat and don't move the ball. It's a problem that's fixable right now, and we're doing nothing about it.

  16. #41
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    26
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss to Raps

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This team has simply lost too much in terms of talent and veteran experience to play very well. It is not a well put together team to boot.

    We need an extreme makeover.
    Like I said JO needs to be traded for a contract, picks and a young dude. We are doing ourselves no good with JO here, and we are not doing JO any good.

    Walsh and Bird need to stop with this BS trading for okay players just to make the playoffs and get bounced out in the first round every year, its stupid.

    We need to be picking in the top 10 for one or two years, if this team wants a championship, cause the way they are building this team nothing is going to happen other then first and 2nd round exits.

  17. #42
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss to Raps

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're consistently getting our a55e5 kicked in the 1st quarter because we come out flat and don't move the ball. It's a problem that's fixable right now, and we're doing nothing about it.
    I'll definitely give you that.

    I wrote a long post about our slow starts quite a while ago.

    The correction there has to happen in the locker room BEFORE the game.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

    “If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

  18. #43
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    7,107

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss to Raps

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This team has simply lost too much in terms of talent and veteran experience to play very well. It is not a well put together team to boot.

    We need an extreme makeover.
    As much as I hate to acknowledge it, I am slowly but surely coming over to this side of the continuum as far as thinking about the future of the team. It's especially painful b/c it basically implies the dreaded "rebuilding" term.

    Unfortunately, I think that's probably all but inevitable. I just don't see any way this collection of talent, or lack thereof, will ever be any better than
    .500ish and a first round casualty. Perhaps not even that.

  19. #44
    One man show ajbry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,696

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss to Raps

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This team has simply lost too much in terms of talent and veteran experience to play very well. It is not a well put together team to boot.

    We need an extreme makeover.
    We now have Mike Dunleavy and Troy Murphy. There will be no extreme makeover. Their contracts, combined with their absolute lack of production, are going to handicap this team for a few more years.

  20. #45

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss to Raps

    Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll definitely give you that.

    I wrote a long post about our slow starts quite a while ago.

    The correction there has to happen in the locker room BEFORE the game.

    The odd thing is, up until a month ago I thought our slow starts was a result of our 1st quarter defense, but as time has gone on I've realized it's all about energy and offense. We need to make a change to our starting lineup, or we're looking at inconsistency for the rest of the season. And a team that's not fun to follow. And a team that's difficult to like. And so on....

    I think it was Ian Eagle and Mark Jackson that pointed out that we were too loose before the Nets game (MLK Day). Something should happen before the game, I agree.

  21. #46
    Member Evan_The_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, In. via Oakland, Ca.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,413

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss to Raps

    Quote Originally Posted by Dat Dude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Like I said JO needs to be traded for a contract, picks and a young dude. We are doing ourselves no good with JO here, and we are not doing JO any good.

    Walsh and Bird need to stop with this BS trading for okay players just to make the playoffs and get bounced out in the first round every year, its stupid.

    We need to be picking in the top 10 for one or two years, if this team wants a championship, cause the way they are building this team nothing is going to happen other then first and 2nd round exits.
    Word.

  22. #47

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss to Raps

    Quote Originally Posted by ajbry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We now have Mike Dunleavy and Troy Murphy. There will be no extreme makeover. Their contracts, combined with their absolute lack of production, are going to handicap this team for a few more years.

    Honestly, I'd prefer if Murphy didn't play at all, or came off the bench. He's a very likeable guy, but he produces empty numbers, and that's it.

  23. #48
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    7,107

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss to Raps

    Quote Originally Posted by ajbry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We now have Mike Dunleavy and Troy Murphy. There will be no extreme makeover. Their contracts, combined with their absolute lack of production, are going to handicap this team for a few more years.
    No question about it and that is a scary prospect.

  24. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    921

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss to Raps

    Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Murphy can't hit his J, which he hasn't with regularity.
    Whoa. That's one of the most incorrect statements I've ever read on here. Where do you get that he's not hitting his shots? He's shot 48% from the field and a God-like 54% from downtown in his stay with the Pacers.

    Murphy's not the problem. The problem is we're a slightly above average team, too much loss of talent over the years (and I'm not counting Stephen "38% shooting, 3 topg, 2 rpg" Jackson as talent because, well, hes not talented)

    I would actually like to see us go in a free-fall the last 2 months of the season and get a top-10 pick.

  25. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    921

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Loss to Raps

    Quote Originally Posted by ajbry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We now have Mike Dunleavy and Troy Murphy. There will be no extreme makeover. Their contracts, combined with their absolute lack of production, are going to handicap this team for a few more years.
    I wouldn't call 16/11/2 and 15/7/4 (what Murphy and Dunleavy average per 36 minutes for their careers) "complete lack of production". I put the blame on Stephen Jackson for escalating the brawl and basically killing our potential championship team.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •